Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

How are we supposed to react on it? People are changing avatars so often.

Lovely new square you have there, Leugi. Mind to show more? Heh. :)

Looks like it. Thought about it a couple of days ago when I first noticed it - just forgot to comment on it. Any idea who it might be?

Uruguay is one of the few nations that are not yet done. I think it's a good idea to extend this project.

I suspect it's the Olmec leader.
Same, but according to Tomatekh's thread, the Olmecs are supposedly going to be a collab with Leugi, and Tomatekh is already working on the Xia as you can see from his avatar, which means that the Olmecs might not come for some time. Or we might get two releases shortly after one another from Tomatekh. The latter would be nice.

The Olmec leaderscene has been made; but this is not it. It's also a collab though... :p

Sorry for the lack of anything. I think I will be able of work-bursting next week though... Hopefully.

ALL of my mods are outdated as of now though. Some specially so, but so many things have changed during this time that I'm thinking I will make a different mod chart thingy for completelly updated civs. Gran Colombia will hopefully be updated after Paraguay.

EDIT: On Uruguay, aside the fact that adding more to my list would be a bit... unrealistic by now... I also must add that I won't do an Uruguay civ if it has a purely agrarian/farm/cow focus. This is because I already have both Gauchos and Yerbamate's plantations, plus +1 Food on Pastures, so it would feel a bit repetitive... If someone can find a unique concept for Uruguay then I'm all ears.

UA: Anything but cows!
May not sette within three tiles of cattle. -10 unhappiness for each source of cattle within your borders. If you acquire a source of cattle somehow, recieve a unique diplomatic penalty with all civs for being repetitive.

May I suggest Israel next?
I know its the wrong thread, but yet: your bibalic give need updating.

UA: Anything but cows!
May not sette within three tiles of cattle. -10 unhappiness for each source of cattle within your borders. If you acquire a source of cattle somehow, recieve a unique diplomatic penalty with all civs for being repetitive.

May not adopt Hinduism.

Hm... first idea I've got about Uruguay is something related to being located between two bigger civilizations, personally I think what characterizes Uruguay the most is that they understood their role as a minor nation amongst those two giants relatively soon and got very good at playing their role, kinda like Switzerland or maybe Belgium.

I wonder how could that be translated in Civ terms though...

Hmmm.... Concept:

UA: On the Top of America
Upon building a pasture, it has a chance of becoming source of the beef, horse meat or wool unique luxuries. Gain :c5culture: culture equal to the difference in :c5happy: happiness between you and your enemies. +1 :c5food: food on animal resources.

UI: Estancia
Unlocked at Banking. May be built on pastures or on farms, and never adjacent to another Estancia. Yields 1 :c5culture: culture, and if built on a pasture yields additional 1 :c5culture: culture and :c5gold: gold. +1 :tourism: tourism from each pasupture estancia after flight.

That... Could use some work.

Its like Huns with no horses... Israel with no kibbutz.... Arabia without oil.
There has to be a pasture reference, even if that's no the civ's focus. And I don't hear any suggestions from you, Doc. McStuff.

And you sound justtttt like my engliiiiishhhh teacherrrrrr...

Hm... first idea I've got about Uruguay is something related to being located between two bigger civilizations, personally I think what characterizes Uruguay the most is that they understood their role as a minor nation amongst those two giants relatively soon and got very good at playing their role, kinda like Switzerland or maybe Belgium.

I wonder how could that be translated in Civ terms though...
Something like:

"... Receive XX% of the yields of the closest foreign capital, superior to the yields of your own capital, respectively..."

Top Bottom