Tomatekh's New Civilizations

This is just out of curiosity, but the Timurids are the least popular of my civs both here and on Steam. Anyone who visits this thread want to guess why? Are their bonuses not good? Do people just not care about the Timurids as their own civ? Any thoughts?

No idea, your Timurid civ looks awesome :goodjob:

I think I will try one of your civ's next. Is there one that you haven't received a lot of feedback on?

Really feedback on any of them but the Goths (which needs an update, but I'm waiting till the next patch) would be great.

Ok, I'll try the Timurids then :).

Finished with the Timurids. I enjoyed it and liked their UA as well as the building. I didn't like the unit too much, but I did like how it synced up well with religion. I ended up making about 10 of them with faith. I tended to use them as skirmishers and pillagers. Most of them lived to become anti-tank units :D. I didn't have any bugs and I would give them a 9/10 - I really like mod civs that have their own music. Keep up the great work Tomatekh!

For the Franks I was really thinking Vercingetorix rather than Charlemagne. Lands of Gergovia seem quite appropriate as well

Okay, with the announced patch notes including +25HP healed whenever anybody pillages, I'm holding off on updating the Goths mod. I'll probably rework the entire UA once the patch is released (as the patch gave my intended balance change to basically everyone).

Also, just incase you missed it, with the new patch will come new flavours (Anti-Air and Air-Carrier). Missing out on flavours breaks a Civ's leader, if I recall, so be sure to add them in.

For the Franks I was really thinking Vercingetorix rather than Charlemagne. Lands of Gergovia seem quite appropriate as well

Sorry, I'm french and I can tell you that Vercingetorix is considered as a leader of Gaul, not a frank.

At school, the great leader of franks that is generally teached is named Clovis and is well known because of the "Vase de Soissons" legend. the frank warriors used double-axes called "Francisques".

@ArchyDarky

Thanks for all the great feedback!

I believe the only way to fully give mod civs custom music is to replace an official civ rather than adding a new one.

Yep, that's what I've noticed. The sacrifice is well worth it imo. Out of curiosity - Is it too much work to have a version with music and one without?

Yep, that's what I've noticed. The sacrifice is well worth it imo. Out of curiosity - Is it too much work to have a version with music and one without?

I'd really have to look into it, as I've never made a replacer civ. I'm sure most of the work is just having to maintain and update multiple versions of the same mod.

The Garamantes(Gods and Kings):

Civfanatics Link
Steam Workshop Link

Details:
Spoiler :
Leader: Djalla

UA: Foggaras: City Tiles and Forts constructed on Desert Hill Tiles act as sources of Fresh Water.

UU: Plumed Nomad: Replaces Scout. Double Movement in Desert. Can Explore Rival Territory.

UB: Qasr: Replaces Aqueduct. +2 Strength/+25 HP, +2 Food on Oasis Tiles. No Maintenance.

Sorry, I'm french and I can tell you that Vercingetorix is considered as a leader of Gaul, not a frank.

At school, the great leader of franks that is generally teached is named Clovis and is well known because of the "Vase de Soissons" legend. the frank warriors used double-axes called "Francisques".

Thank you for the clarification... though they clearly weren't contemporaries either. One could argue as well that the Gauls would be redundant since the Celts are also in the game. And yes, it was JFD's contribution that spawned my post and the fact that I lived in Auvergne for nearly 4 years. I guess it would be better as an alternative Celtic Civ after all rather than an alternative to a Frankish Civ... For language I would choose Occitan.

The whole reason I even thought of Vercingetorix is that he hasn't been chosen as a leader and he had some success against Rome during their "glory days"

Top Bottom