TarcisioCM's Civilizations

So what are your plans for the future? looks like the HRE put on the spotlight for being extremely unique and fun so I am super excited to see what you come up with next.

Can't spoil the fun but I'm working on a steppe civ (Actually two steppe civs, since I was also working on the Massagetae, but not atm):

Also, while I had no keyboard and with lots of free time I made the great* compendium of civs** I want*** to do: (The secret steppe civ isn't down there)
Spoiler :
Ilkhanate
Golden Horde
Even More Mongols
Massagetae
Avars
Magyars
Romania
Bulgaria
Pechenegs
Burgundy (Duchy of)
Burgundy (Kingdom of)
Roman Republic
Another Roman Empire (Leader? Who knows? :p)
Byzantine Empire (Under Alexius)
Byzantine Empire (Under Basil II)
Lusitania
Another Portugal
Brazil (Colony)
Brazil (Empire)
Brazil (Republic)
Xiognu
Yuezhi
Syracuse :)p)
Brittany
Tunisia
Jordan
More arab civs
The Wends (Samo)
ww1 France
ww1 Italy
normal Italy
ww1 ottomans
ww1 bulgaria
ww1 serbia (Strong)
moar vikings
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Sassanids
Lombardy
Another HRE
Macedon
Thebes
Sparta
Athens
Persia (Cyrus)
More slav civs
Muscovy
more spanish civs (Maybe)

*Still unfinished
**I dont know crap about half of the civs I want to do.
***I take suggestions

Oh, well, this is insane. :D Fully support everything on the list, though there are others doing one or two (though that was expected). But couple of things:

1. Wanna team up on Spain?
2. RELEASE WILHELM PLZ (In fact, just because I can - "Free Willy (2)!")
3. Estonia would like a word with you.

1. Sure
2. Oh I thougth you was going to release everything :lol:
3. estonia BIG!

Road safety for horse riders... huh, well that didn't help at all for guessing your mysterious steppe civ especially since Finland isn't located in the steppe.
Edit: Persia under Cyrus the great wouldn't be too hard, the guy did so much and it is so well documented that just opening the wiki page is great for brainstorming ideas.

If you wanted to save yourself some work on that huge list (which I love the look of, BTW) More Civs has got most of the art done for a Greek civ split we're working on, which would be Macedon, Sparta, Athens and Thrace, so we'd probably be able to cover them for you if the reason you were doing them was for inclusion and not that you really wanted to do them (in which case, ignore this message and go for it!)

If you wanted to save yourself some work on that huge list (which I love the look of, BTW) More Civs has got most of the art done for a Greek civ split we're working on, which would be Macedon, Sparta, Athens and Thrace, so we'd probably be able to cover them for you if the reason you were doing them was for inclusion and not that you really wanted to do them (in which case, ignore this message and go for it!)
I wanted to do it just for the sake of splitting Macedon and Greece (Firaxis pls you had 5 games to fix this). Still going to do Thebes and Epirus, seeing they aren't covered.

Along these same lines, I have Muscovy, Romania and Bulgaria planned. Same sentiment; if your plans are strictly inclusive, I've got them covered, but otherwise, nevermind.

Hello tarcisiocm, it may seems greedy but could you please make a version of Geman Empire's Icon with the Imperial Eagle(see the attachment .png)?

I have tried to do one with j_mie6's template...

but ... it dosen't look good as your icons...:(

Attachments

• eagle.png
    eagle.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 100
The Alans - Respendial

Iron Migrations:
May raze your own cities, giving you a Settler and one military unit for every 2 Pop born after the city was founded. A city may become a Point of Sedentism; cities settled away from these receive production and happiness bonuses.

Nart:
Replaces the Great General. Units stacked with a Nart may pass through rival territory without open borders for 2 turns. Gain 2 Happiness Empire-Wide for every city founded after the newest Nart was born. Cities founded on the same tile as a Nart have a chance of settling with free ancient-era buildings, depending of how far they are from the Point of Sedentism.

Horse Nomad:
Replaces the Settler, that unlike him, has 4 movement points. Has a military variant spawned after razing a city you founded with strength based on the current era (Until the Industrial Era), and that may be disbanded in cities for instant population.

Steam Workshop / Direct Download

Their mechanics explained:
Spoiler :

This is your typical Alan city. Don't mind the fact that it's artstyle is polynesian, I made it that way because it still looks asian, but more tribal. Once every 10 turns, a random city you control may become a Point of Sedentism. There can only be one at a time, and on the beginning it's your capital. It does nothing for said city other than that it cannot be razed, however cities away from it receive happiness and production bonus, depending of how far they are.

The Alans can raze cities they have founded through a building simply named "Raze". YOU CANNOT RAZE YOUR CAPITAL. It takes only one turn to build, and once it begins the population on that city will start to fall. For every 2 citizens born AFTER the city was founded (The initial pop doesn't count, to avoid exploits) killed that way, one military Horse Nomad will spawn, and if they are disbanded in other cities those cities will immediately gain 1 pop. The Military Horse Nomad combat strength is scaled on the Era it was spawned, and it does NOT increase for already spawned horse nomads after you advance to the next era. This strength stop getting higher once you reach their Musketman counterpart. Once every citizen on the city has died, it will spawn one last military Horse Nomad, but this one cannot be expended for population, instead it may found a city again.

This is their Horse Nomad. Their Military version is slightly weaker than the main battle unit (Warrior-Spearman-Pikeman-Musketman), but unlike them, and the settler that it replaces, the Horse Nomad possess 4 movement points.

This is the Nart (Nart probably means hero or man in ossetian (And Ossetians are descendants from the Alans), but IDK internet failed me on that one, but I'm pretty sure "Nar" (Proto-Iranian) stands for that though), the Alan Great General replacement, they have 4 movement points. Units stacked with the Nart (And the Nart itself) can pass through rival territory without open borders, and cities founded on the same tile as a Nart may gain a free Granary, Barracks, Shrine and/or Circus, the chances increase based on how far you have founded it away from the Point of Sedentism. Because it needs to be stacked with the settler (Horse Nomad) to activate this bonus, it means that the Horse Nomad must be of the military variation (And so you must settle a city first, raze it and settle it again). Also, you gain 2 global happiness for every city founded after the newest Nart has born.

The Alans go along nicely with Honor for getting the Nart quickly and Liberty for a Horse Nomad, however you can go tall with them too: Settle cities, gain a few quick pop and raze it. Then, send the nomads back to the capital!

I tested them a lot but them having such crazy mechanics and me being the inexperienced lazy coder that I am sure ensures a few bugs, I expect. Also, is there any civ using a similar color scheme? After putting it on the game it felt familiar.

Special thanks to framedarchitecture (Teached me how to do a better timer) and bane_ (Razing, or should I say disbanding cities :crazyeye:) for helping me with lua. And as usual, danrell for the models.

Well that is quite possibly one of the craziest civs I've ever seen. I approve. I am absolutely positive the AI will never have any idea how to use it, though.

And the color scheme is just a tad like the Iroquois, but only really if you squint. Maybe making the secondary color a bit more of a red-orange would help.

...that's amazing. How does the AI handle it?

And the color scheme is just a tad like the Iroquois, but only really if you squint. Maybe making the secondary color a bit more of a red-orange would help.

It's fine then, for some reason I was just afraid there could be a modded civ with the exact same color scheme.

wow! nice!

:D

...that's amazing. How does the AI handle it?
They'll naturally receive Point of Sedentism bonuses but won't raze their cities, they will receive the nart bonus for happiness but won't use the "stacked with Nart" bonuses.

I do could make they raze their own cities but that would probably lead to extremaly stupid situations. :lol:

Also, just noticed: I referred to the nart as Great Warlord on the description, will fix that.

Top Bottom