Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

I think he meant Brasil and Australia (his mod) from Civ V. He was just using their Beyond Earth names.

I'll post a quote of mine from the BE forum ;)

In terms of modding though - colour schemes will be hard to pull off once Sponsor Mods start getting pumped out. Colour choice is now pretty much limited to base combinations (Red/White) as opposed to inversions of base combinations (Red Foreground/White BG) because of the way the colours are portrayed in-game.

In Civ, if the foreground is red, the border exterior will be red and if the Icon BG is white, then then the border interior will be white. In BE it's the complete opposite.

Daoming's colour scheme looks heavily purple based on the icon, but OP is right. In-game her colourscheme is Pink.

So this is a arabic-type civ for BE?

Here's an example of what I mean.

Spoiler :

Yep, so you'd think that you'd want to include colors that are unique at first before heading into inverse Territory.

A complain i keep seeing is the lack of combinations left to use. There are hundreds of hues and shades - so i never quite get why people think there's a lack.

Sweet summer child.

Ooooooh. That could be really interesting! Gimme a minute and I'll throw some ideas and reseach at yo' faces. =]

So, here's what I've come up with. As always, this is just preliminary ideas and by no means set in stone, or even any good. =]

Bangladesh (Sheikh Hasina)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Land Of Rivers
The :c5gold: Gold bonus from International Trade Routes sent to or from Bangladeshi Cities on Rivers is doubled and applies to Sea Trade Routes as well. Farms and Pastures on River Tiles generate +1 :c5food: Food and :c5faith: Faith.
UU: Blue Helmet (replaces Marine)
Standard Marine bonuses. Additionally, starts with Medic I and the unique promotion "Cream Of The Peacekeepers", which allows it to generate 10 Influence with the nearest Friendly or Allied City-State per kill. Upgrades to X-COM Squad.
UB: Hat (replaces Market)
+1 and +25% :c5gold: Gold. +1 :c5gold: Gold from incoming and outgoing Trade Routes. +1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5faith: Faith per City-State connected to your Trade Network by a Road.

---

So, this is a Bengali-influenced trading Civ with an emphasis on doing something nobody in their right mind generally does: building roads to City-States. In fact, City-State influence is the core mechanic of this Civ, referencing modern Bangladesh's status as the founder of a lot of international co-prosperity organizations in South Asia. This is also reflected in the UU's name and traits; "The Blue Helmets" is another name for the UN's Peacekeeper Force, and Bangladesh is the largest supplier of military manpower to that august body. Weird, that.

The Hat is an ancient kind of Bangladeshi marketplace, which made it an ideal fit for their Gold-focused nature, and I liked the idea of it being used to form good relationships with other, lesser Civilizations ingame. It also works from a balance perspective; a few Hats here and there make it much more profitable to build roads to City-States, as you can easily sink the cost of the roads. Plus I've recently been exposed to TF2. =]

Finally, the UA name is just the nickname for Bangladesh. I'd actually forgotten about this when I started this idea, but Land Trade Routes get a Gold bonus for being on a river. Increasing this bonus and making apply to Sea Trade Routes just made a lot of sense to me. The bit with River tiles contributing faith and extra food is just a reference to the mighty Brahmaputra river system, whose delta forms basically all of Bangladesh.

Hope that's of use! =]

I'm aware of that. However, the other bonuses are a little lacklustre, if more interesting, and the UB revolves around around deliberately making your economy worse. Maybe it should be reworked thus:-

UA: Land Of Rivers
Cities on a River gain a +25% bonus to incoming and outgoing Trade Route output (whether :c5gold: Gold, :c5food: Food, or :c5production: Production). +1% :c5food: Growth and +1 :c5faith: Faith per River Tile in range of the City.

Top Bottom