Regna et Res Publicae - Hypereon's Civilizations

Yeah, I'll be doing. I use the live actors from HBO's Rome as the base for Caesar and Pompey, as no good pictures can be found, except for colourless busts.

Julius will be otherwise quite the same as vanilla Augustus. UU's will be transferred to him, and he will have a more military-oriented trait. Augustus will be changed to depict the Roman empire in all its glory, it has a reworked vanilla trait. For Pompey I'll come up with something unique, more civil and peaceful.

For you who usually like to constantly ask for release dates, no such will be given. This is still on the drawing board, but I could somewhat safely say that this year, sooner or later. Depends on whether and when I'll be moving to Helsinki (hopefully to start Global Politics studies) late summer.

Haha, I made four Rome designs that divide the uniques of vanilla Rome between them:

Spoiler :
The Republic of Rome

Gaius Marius

Marian Reforms
Adopting a :c5culture: Social Policy spawns a military unit for every 10 XP units trained in the :c5capital: Capital start with (up to 5 units). Newly trained units in the :c5capital: Capital start with +5 XP.

Legionary
Stronger than the Swordsman it replaces. Receives +5% :c5strength: Combat Strength for every level it has upgraded to (up to +20%).

Arena
Provides +10 XP to newly trained units in the city, unlike the Colosseum it replaces. Units garrisoned in the city may perform a Gladiatorial Battle, providing :c5culture: Culture based on their XP, but possibly disbanding them.

The Republic of Rome

Caesar

Veni, Vidi, Vici!
All cities enter ‘We Love the King Day’ upon the capture of a city. Cities celebrating ‘We Love the King Day’ provide 10% less :c5angry: Unhappiness.

Centurion
Automatically builds certain Buildings when garrisoned in a city, unlike the Great General it replaces. If the city is celebrating ‘We Love the King Day’, the build time for these buildings is reduced to 1 turn.

Castrum
Provides XP to all friendly units within three tiles of the city when celebrating ‘We Love the King Day’, unlike the Barracks it replaces.

The Empire of Rome

Augustus

All Roads Lead to Rome
Military units may build Roads and Forts and receive XP for every turn stationed on Forts (up to 30 XP). Conquered cities :c5trade: Connected to the :c5capital: Capital suffer no :c5angry: Unhappiness from :c5occupied: Occupation.

Praetorian
Increases :c5production: Production towards Buildings that already exist in the :c5capital: Capital by +25% in a city it’s garrisoned in if it's :c5trade: Connected to it, unlike the Swordsman it replaces.

Thermae
Increases :c5food: Food in the city by +20% if :c5trade: Connected to the Capital, unlike the Aqueduct it replaces.

The Empire of Rome

Trajan

Optimus Princeps
Capturing a city during a :c5goldenage: Golden Age extends the length of that :c5goldenage: Golden Age by 2 turns. Building :c5production: Production is increased by +5% upon signing a Peace Treaty for every turn of the war you were also in a :c5goldenage: Golden Age (up to +30%). The bonus is reset upon declaring war.

Ballista
Does not require to be set up before attacking, unlike the Catapult it replaces. Slightly stronger.

Triumphal Arch
Removes :c5angry: Unhappiness from :c5occupied: Occupation, unlike the Monument it replaces. Costs more :c5gold: Gold in maintenance, but provides a lump sum of :c5goldenage: Golden Age points upon construction.

Spoiler :
Roman Split

Quote:
Roman Republic
Leader: Scipio Africanus
UA: Senatus Populusque Romanus
Whenever you adopt a policy, the capital receives food and production equal to half the number of captured or puppet cities in the Empire. Captured cities receive a +15% boost to production of buildings which exist in the capital.

UU: Triarii (Replaces Spearman)
The Triarii is significantly more powerful than the spearman it replaces, at 14 combat strength, but has a slightly lessened combat bonus against cavalry units, at just 30% . Furthermore, for every 2 promotions amassed by the Triarri, they grant a 5% bonus to adjacent units.

UB: Forum (Replaces Market)
Unlike the marketplace, the forum generates +2 culture for each incoming trade route and +1 gold on all luxuries when built in a regular city. If built in an occupied city however, the forum also eliminates extra unhappiness and may grant a random luxury resource.
Quote:
Roman Empire
Leader: Trajan
UA: All Roads lead to Rome
Units trained in the capital receive experience and generate golden age points equal to half the number of cities connected to the capital by road. Capturing cities during golden ages extends the length of that Golden age by 2 turns. (Can not be extended past 10 turns.)

UU: Legionary (Replaces Swordsman)
The Legionary, unlike the swordsman, may build roads and forts and constructs them 33% quicker than a worker. Furthermore, the legionary does not require iron and is slightly cheaper to produce than the swordsman.

UU: Ballista (Replaces Catapult)
The ballista is slightly more expensive than the catapult it replaces, but has an increased combat bonus against cities, receiving an additional 50% boost. In addition, the Ballista may intimidate units and cities in its firing radius, reducing their combat strength.
Quote:
Late Roman Empire
Leader: Constantine I
UA: The Donation of Constantine
Whenever you convert a Roman city, receive a lump sum of faith. (The amount is increased for every city in the Empire not following your religion) For every three religious buildings in the empire, receive +1 production while training military units in the capital.

UU: Comitatenses (Replaces Pikeman)
The Comitanteses comes earlier than the pikeman, at drama and philosophy, rather than civil service. Furthermore the Comitanteses generates faith from killing barbarians and clearing barbarian encampments. Comintanteses also receive a +50% combat bonus against barbarians within your territory.

UB: Ecclesia
The Ecclesia yield an additional +1 faith and happiness if your religion is the majority in this city, plus, unlike the temple it replaces, instantly converts all followers of a pantheon to your own religion. (This counts as a conversion for the purposes of the UA, if it leads to a majority.)

Lets not forgett this as well.

Darn, I've finished my work on Julius, just waiting for DoctorMcGann to give me the Leaderscreen.

When I try to play Mannerheim with YnAEMP, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Mannerheim spawns for me in Ynaemp, I just can't use IGE (which is a real shame since I wanted him in the Battle Royale).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=396257&stc=1&d=1436547100

This is all I get. Can't figure it out, Set Up Game doesn't give me TSL.

Can't see the attachment. So, are you trying Custom Game, or Setup Game, as the latter doesn't give any starting locations to any civ? Does it work with other civs? At least it worked for me - the first version had invalid reference to YnAEMP, but it has been fixed. Otherwise, could someone with more expertise on YnAEM and IGE see the Mannerheim files, if there's anything needed or that breaks the mods.

Btw, any replacements for Germany for the Hanse? ;) Jaeger's been taken, as I want my mods be compatible with others. :)

Landwehr are being used in JFD's Prussia. My Napoleonic Prussia is going to use Freikorps. Schutz could work. Or are you looking for a building?

Well, maybe a building would be good, something related to production/science/war?

In terms of science there's the Burschenschaften (probably spelling it wrong). They were university fraternities that advocated the ideals of the Enlightenment and the unification of Germany. There's probably better alternatives, but that's just the first thing that comes off the top of my head.

Top Bottom