ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

So, if I had to guess (and I don't, but I'm gonna anyway...)

Akkad (Sargon)
Start Bias: River
Capital: Akkad/Agade
UA: Lord Of The Four Quarters
Every National or World Wonder in the :c5capital: Capital grants a +3% :c5strength: Combat Bonus to Land Units and a +5% increase to :c5faith: Faith generation in all Cities. Receive a random Unique Unit from a Civilization not present in the game of an appropriate Era every time you advance to a new Era.
UU: Sab Qassi (replaces Composite Bowman)
Starts with Drill I and a unique promotion, "Astar Annunitum", which grants a +1% :c5rangedstrength: Combat Bonus for each point of :c5faith: Faith generated in the :c5capital: Capital and allows it to generate :c5faith: Faith per kill. Considerably more expensive than the Composite Bowman it replaces. Upgrades to Crossbowman.
UU: Pethal Qurubte (replaces Chariot Archer)
Melee unit that starts with both Drill I and Shock I. Also begins with an additional unique promotion, "Sar Sepi", which allows it to return with 50 HP after being destroyed, at one level lower and with Sar Sepi removed. Can only be trained in the :c5capital: Capital. Upgrades to Horseman.

---

Well, that's what I'd do, anyway. =]

So, if I had to guess (and I don't, but I'm gonna anyway...)

Akkad (Sargon)
Start Bias: River
Capital: Akkad/Agade
UA: Lord Of The Four Quarters
Every National or World Wonder in the :c5capital: Capital grants a +3% :c5strength: Combat Bonus to Land Units and a +5% increase to :c5faith: Faith generation in all Cities. Receive a random Unique Unit from a Civilization not present in the game of an appropriate Era every time you advance to a new Era.
UU: Sab Qassi (replaces Composite Bowman)
Starts with Drill I and a unique promotion, "Astar Annunitum", which grants a +1% :c5rangedstrength: Combat Bonus for each point of :c5faith: Faith generated in the :c5capital: Capital and allows it to generate :c5faith: Faith per kill. Considerably more expensive than the Composite Bowman it replaces. Upgrades to Crossbowman.
UU: Pethal Qurubte (replaces Chariot Archer)
Melee unit that starts with both Drill I and Shock I. Also begins with an additional unique promotion, "Sar Sepi", which allows it to return with 50 HP after being destroyed, at one level lower and with Sar Sepi removed. Can only be trained in the :c5capital: Capital. Upgrades to Horseman.

---

Well, that's what I'd do, anyway. =]

You actually got one of those right, the UU will be a composite bowman (I will probably steal that name, I've had trouble finding the Akkadian term for archer) ;)

I don't want to reveal too much, but it'll be a gold based conquest civ. It's rather an answer to that awkward scenario in early game conquest where taking out a civ very early leaves you with a dead economy, low tech and a general dark age. It'll have bonuses that makes it easier to retain happiness and gold, and the UU will be very, very powerful.

Try to imagine the huns, but with efficient civil servants.

Point of order; Sab Qassi's the term for a unit of archers, kind of like how impi is a Shona word for a body of armed men. Other than that, this is the online dictionary I used for the unit names and promotion names; if you need them, that's where to go. =]

Point of order; Sab Qassi's the term for a unit of archers, kind of like how impi is a Shona word for a body of armed men. Other than that, this is the online dictionary I used for the unit names and promotion names; if you need them, that's where to go. =]

Thanks!

Akkad with a composite bowman replacement... idealicious!

Well, it's appropriate, since the Akkadians were the ones who invented the earliest composite bow. It's like the Sumerians invented the phalanx and (arguably) the concept of a professional standing army; you'd have to be mad not to include it in a Civ about them. =]

The Olmec mod will hopefully be released somewhat soon, all the code is done, the leader screen is a rather slow WIP, however the mod is also plagued by a strange bug where the game refuses to recognise the alpha icons, you can help by heading here

Aside from that, here's a teaser, courtesy of Viregel

Andorra and The Protectorate have been updated!

Tiny things not working properly have been fixed, and the bug afflicting the Protectorate has also been fixed (aswell as the Olmec glitch, it was the same glitch)

Can you add E&D and CulDiv Compatibility?

Can you add E&D and CulDiv Compatibility?

I have no idea what either of those things are, could you explain them please?

E&D is Events and Decisions by Sukritact, Cultural Diversity by JFD.

Yes. If you could please add support, i think i have some Events and decisions ideas...
(Thanks ldvhl:))

Well, it's unlikely I'll be adding such support for quite a while. I still consider myself new to modding, and these seem like very large projects which I won't have much time for. At some point I'll perhaps learn how to add the support, and go through all my mods at once.

Well, it's unlikely I'll be adding such support for quite a while. I still consider myself new to modding, and these seem like very large projects which I won't have much time for. At some point I'll perhaps learn how to add the support, and go through all my mods at once.

CulDiv support is pretty easy. Just include this file in your mod and change the Civilisation tag as necessary and the other tags as you see fit.

Well, guess i can give up E&D for one game or so.

I take it these civs don't have YNAEMP support either then?

No, they do not, but I am planning on a big YNAEMP update, once I learn how to do it. After Akkad I don't have any immediate plans so it's likely I'll implement it then.

CulDiv support is pretty easy. Just include this file in your mod and change the Civilisation tag as necessary and the other tags as you see fit.

If this is all it takes then I'll hopefully implement this soon, though it'll take some testing, as I've never used the cultural diversity mod before. Unfortunately I have a pretty busy schedule this week, so it'll be a little while.

In other news, the Olmecs are nearly finished, but we're experimenting with some UA changes, so here's a teaser. (Will likely re do, the way I added the icons left a white rim of sorts)

Also, JFD, for testing this code, should I use the soundtrack add-on for cultural diversity?

Cool! We finally will have a Olmec civ!

Also, JFD, for testing this code, should I use the soundtrack add-on for cultural diversity?

If you want, but it wouldn't be necessary to tell if it worked. Although your experience with the game will be improved 100% if you use it.

I barely managed to publish the Olmecs today, go down to steam now and check it out!

Become Mother of the Mother Culture!

Top Bottom