ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

So, today I was reading up on the Chavin civilisation, and noticed there don't seem to be any Chavin mods at all, so I think I may start a Chavin project after the Mossi

Here's a possible icon, it's slightly rough as I couldn't find a good image of the icon I wanted

However, I imagine that a Chavin mod may already be in development, perhaps under Leugi, does anyone know?

Leugi's trying to go up north (OK, that's funny to say since he's working on Rio de la Plata), so I doubt he has plans for Chavin just yet.

However, I imagine that a Chavin mod may already be in development, perhaps under Leugi, does anyone know?

They're not. I consulted with him on some of the Tribes that I should put into ExCE, and the Chavin were one that I could add without clashing with his plans.

They're not. I consulted with him on some of the Tribes that I should put into ExCE, and the Chavin were one that I could add without clashing with his plans.

Great! They would be a brilliant civ to do, I'm suprised there is none yet, they seem rather influential.

Aside from that, I came up with yet another idea, I saw something about Cyprus/russian fleets in the news, so I thought, "How about a Cyprus civ?"

So I've done some digging and I've come up with an idea

Cypriot Empire

Leader-Peter the Great of Cyprus

UA-"The last crusades" pillaging coastal tiles yields extra gold and HP. Embarked units can attack cities. Free walls in captured coastal cities.

UU-"Hosptallier" long-swordsman replacement that recieves "coastal raider" promotion and may move after embarking.

UB-"Cyclopean walls" a wall replacement that gives extra defense, +15 xp to naval units and +1 happiness.

Any criticisms/suggestions? Not sure if the UB is accurate was Cyclopean walls were more Mycenae than Cypriot, though it blends with the UA nicely

I would suggest something else for the UU:
Hospitaller
Replaces Longswordsman. Starts with the Amphibious promotion, and has a 20% bonus on coastal tiles. Receive the "knights of Rhodes" promotion. Slightly more expansive.

Knights of Rhodes- +33% :c5strength: combat boost vs. Naval units. May attack ships.

I would suggest something else for the UU:
Hospitaller
Replaces Longswordsman. Starts with the Amphibious promotion, and has a 20% bonus on coastal tiles. Receive the "knights of Rhodes" promotion. Slightly more expansive.

Knights of Rhodes- +33% :c5strength: combat boost vs. Naval units. May attack ships.

Well, this is only a prototype idea, but It'll probably be something similar to that, less generic than my current idea.

Do you think the walls are appropriate? Maybe I should add some kind of turkish UB? To represent it's double culture?

BTW, your hanse civ idea link is broken

Since the UA is called "The Last Crusades", whenever he is denounced, his response should be "You chose... poorly."

Just working on an icon!

The actual emblem will probably be smaller, and I might make the BG colour darker.

Decided on a new chavin icon, is this is actually one of their major gods

It was rather hellish to make

In my opinion the first one was better, overcomlicated icons look really bad in game.

It probably was, but I can't find a version of the icon I had before that is smooth.

I wonder if a stylized Tumi would work/would be fitting...

For example.

In principle it would be a good icon, but it doesn't seem to be chavin.

I'm thinking maybe a stylised San Pedro cactus in Chavin style would work, but I don't know where I'd find such an icon!

What about this?

Ah, never mind, like alot of images it's rough around the edges

Cool!
(Honestly, reminds me of a toy)

The main trouble is finding a good quality image, most of them are low quality, or have irregular, serrated edges and thus the icon comes out a bit messy

And I keep coming across weird, pseudo-christian conspiracy theorist websties

Certainly, tumis are more related to the Moche culture than Chavín, though they are an evolution of the latter, that said, Leugi's Bolivia has this kind of busy icon and it seems to work fine, so maybe it'll work no problem.

Top Bottom