Change government

Jiggr

Chieftain
I am currently playing the very great Civilization 1 at the level prince. But I loses every time.

I wonder, when am I going to revolutionize from despotism to another government? As quick as possible? To which government? Should I have some preparations before I revolutionize?

Every time I have tried democracy all my cities will go into 'civil disorder'.

Help!

Jiggr said:
... Civilization 1 at the level prince. But I lose ... ...
if you're a beginner you should start with chieftain - you 1st should get used to the game before you play higher levels -
but this is always the way with all games, isn't it? ;)

Jiggr said:
I wonder, when am I going to revolutionize from despotism to another government? As quick as possible?
when you are READY to switch.
when you have 'invented' (by science) the knowledge of
MONARCHY (for example)
if you haven't invented any other / new Form of Goverment, you will stay in 'DESPOTiSM' (your form of goverment with the start of every game-created CivDOS game) .

Jiggr said:
... To which government? Should I have some preparations before I revolutionize?
well:
Read The F*cking MANUAL (RTFM) of the Game... ;)
(it's available at civfanatic here ---> http://civfanatics.com/civ1/manual/

but ONE hint: before switching to -for example-
"REPUBLiC" (if you have invented or 'found' it in a "HUT" or got it from another tribe)
you should have build at minimum a temple or a marketplace in cities with more than size of "4"
and at maximum 1 or 2 military units per city outside 'in the field'
and you should try to raise "luxuries" to "10%" or "20%".
otherwise a city will revolt / stays in 'this revolting state' -
and
if just one city continues to stay in it's revolting 'state' for 1 (or 2?) 'rounds'
the whole goverment falls into anarchy/despotism -
this will cause you -sometimes- VERY much troubles in your game
you can't get under control without losing units, money, the war, a city and so on -

the biggest trouble will happen to you
this happens
if you have (some) BiG cities ("10"+) and only very few money... :rolleyes:

well -
Civilization is (f.e.) no ego-shooter in 'infinite-power-mode'...
although - there are many possible ways to cheat
if you want to do so... ;)

I am not a beginner. I have won several times when I am playing the prince-level but the king-level is too hard...

But someday I will win! I am always the greatest civilization in the world from the beginning but in the end (1950-) the other civilizations pass me in everything. And I think it is because I stay in the Monarchy too long.

I dare not to switch from Monarchy to another "newer" government... because the people in the cities get sad. :cry:

Top Bottom