[Question] Unique Tech & Unique Units

Ambreville

Deity
I'm sure this already came up elsewhere but I can't find the answers. How does one make a particular tech (or unit) CIV-specific? For the unit, I only need to modify an existing unit to limit it to a specific CIV.

Is it possible to do that through XML? :confused:

Thanks.

Making a unit unique to certain civ(s), put their unitclasstype and unitclass entry in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file. (pathway Assets/xml/civilizations)
Just check the file out, you'll see what I mean when checking the existing unique unit entries in there.

For unique techs, I thought the Rise of Rome scenario uses them. Perhaps you'll find your answer there.

Making a unit unique to certain civ(s), put their unitclasstype and unitclass entry in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file. (pathway Assets/xml/civilizations)
Just check the file out, you'll see what I mean when checking the existing unique unit entries in there.

Thanks for your help. Found what you suggested re UU's. Does this automatically prevent other civs from building that unit? I'm assuming it does. (Sorry if this is a dumb question) :crazyeye:

For unique techs, I thought the Rise of Rome scenario uses them. Perhaps you'll find your answer there.

I bow before your wisdom. Your previous suggestion answered my second question. To make a Tech unique to a CIV or a group of CIVs... simply disable the Tech for all the other CIVs, which is also found in the CivilizationInfo file. ...duh. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Top Bottom