FfH2 0.30 Changelog

anyone watching the "all those buildings...." thread?
just wandering what your opinion is and if its worthwhile thinking about more spice for buildings... (waiting for Kaels ok to call for lokis expertisè)

I like the idea someone proposed of having building trees.
Like elder council is required for library which is required for mage guild which is required for alchemist's lab.

Also, what about having more great prophet names? I find that they can be exhausted fariyl quickly if you're in a game with many good civs and altars are being built.

Building trees are fine if you get a cost reduction, but forcing someone to build an Elder Council in a new city 400 turns into a game just to create a Library isn't right. Can it be set up that way instead?

i would prefer something that makes the AI build more and better troops :p

Amen. + 1

i would prefer something that makes the AI build more and better troops :p

The first should be easy with additional free unit support costs.

The second means that the AI has to be forced to build more expensive units when it prefers cheap crap. Maybe we should put a cap on how many warriors or scouts or other units can be built. Or maybe obsolete them. For some reason they always want more cheap units than good expensive ones, which means point A above might be untrue.

What about changing the support for higher level units? Maybe tier 4 have no upkeep? At some point tier 1's upkeep doubles? Any tricks out there?

wasnt there something like a value in the xml, which tells the AI how powerful a unit is? cant we just multiply every such value by 2 or something?

thanks for giving my new darker stuff a try.

if you want new gfx for the added beasts, give us some hints about how and what they are and should look like. I wont give em priority, as one cant be sure that they will stay at all, but perhaps in between we have a great idea or find great reference material or things like this.

take your time ;)

and i just wanted to say: great stuff Kael, thanks for all your effort.

thanks for giving my new darker stuff a try.

if you want new gfx for the added beasts, give us some hints about how and what they are and should look like. I wont give em priority, as one cant be sure that they will stay at all, but perhaps in between we have a great idea or find great reference material or things like this.

take your time ;)

and i just wanted to say: great stuff Kael, thanks for all your effort.

I have base graphics for all of them. Gurid is just a giant gorilla, Margalard is a giant baboon and the Leviathan is a giant fish.

Right now Im most interested in getting some base Svartalfar, Sidar, Malakim and Balseraph units. Since they will be the focus of "shadow" I think a lot of people will be jumping on playing them and it will be nice to have some new models for them to play with.

Attachments

• Beasts.jpg
    Beasts.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 250
wasnt there something like a value in the xml, which tells the AI how powerful a unit is? cant we just multiply every such value by 2 or something?

I'm not sure if that number is for that or for calculating power and score. Maybe those are the same things.

I have base graphics for all of them. Gurid is just a giant gorilla, Margalard is a giant baboon and the Leviathan is a giant fish.

They remind me of something for Civilization:Revolutions or whatever the console version is. Too cartoony, unless that's just because of the zooming. They at least need a new texture I think.

They remind me of something for Civilization:Revolutions or whatever the console version is. Too cartoony, unless that's just because of the zooming. They at least need a new texture I think.

those look funny, right ;) the fish is ok, while still white is not the scariest colour. the baboon and gorilla will have to be replaced on the long run, they simply dont look serious enough.

I´ll paint the pupeteers texture as fast as possible and then do the promissed malakim units.
Sidars are Rolands (while here the basic idea is the most important decision)
Svartalfars wanted Ploe.

Any idea for a Balseraph scout?

Id go with a basic medieval jester costume. Make the hat simple with only a single point on it (imagine a wizards pointy hat with a ball at the point but bent into a hook instead of straight). The rest of the outfit should look at about the same tech level as other scouts but starting to show the crazy balseraph designs that will come later. I would probably go with the jester patterns but use the typical scout colors (so white, gray and black instead o the normal balseraph bright colors) to make them seem less advanced.

So what are these design contests mentioned in the Shadow Schedule thread? I'd say
1) unique feature
2) event (must be tied to a specialty)
3) World Wonder

Also, it would be cool if we could convince Hex to make a poster of the winning wonder (or feature) and then mail that to the winner as an extra bonus.

So what are these design contests mentioned in the Shadow Schedule thread? I'd say
1) unique feature
2) event (must be tied to a specialty)
3) World Wonder

Also, it would be cool if we could convince Hex to make a poster of the winning wonder (or feature) and then mail that to the winner as an extra bonus.

I was thinking Unique Feature, Event and Unit (for the Malakim, Scartalfar, Sidar or Balseraphs only).

Although a world wonder might be nice too.

Oh, BTW, are all the unique features placed in every game? Otherwise, an option that force-placed them all would be interesting.

Top Bottom