Civilization Request Thread

You need to read some history my friend. They killed several macedonian kings, and new research shows that they were at one point (Ardiaei Kingdom) a major power in the Balkans.

Check it out if you are sceptical about it, also that kingdom conquered Phoenice, ancient Epirus city that was believed to be nearly untakeable.

And they weren't barbarians. Check the Illyrian Liburni, who constructed the Liburnia (Ship) that was adopted by the Roman Empire.

Philip V of Macedon actually had Illyrians(Under Demetrius II of Pharos) build him a fleet of lembi (lllyrian fast nimble ships).

They also used similar advanced phalanx tactics as the macedonians did. (See Bato of Dardania).

I don't see the "barbarism" you are refering too. Read new research next time young man ;)

And they existed from 1200 BC to well into Roman Empire's Illyricum province, what is "short" about that?

And I'm just requesting a race that might be fun to play in civ 5 :D if someone can and is willing to make them great! if not, well its a shame.

the illyrians have nothing special.there were a banch of barbarians and copied some thing from their neiberhoods.i talk about civ and u tell me that they captured a city.so????that makes them civilized or good warriors?the germans won some battles agaisnt the romans but this didnt made them civilized.and when i talk about civ 1200 years are nothing.imagine that greeks exist more than 30.000 years and we are still there

30 000 years? you are absurd young man. Anyways, I'm not interessted entering a discussion here. I've posted my request.

can I request the Catalan empire?(or Aragon empire)

Kazakh Khanate (1465-1847).

Spoiler Kazakh Khanate Flag :

Ability:
Nomad's - All units move faster.

The territory of the Kazakh Khanate was about 10-20% more than the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Spoiler Kazakh Khanate :

- Leader - Kasym Khan.

Spoiler Wiki :
During the reign of Kasym Khan, the territories of the Kazakh Khanate expanded considerably. As Mirza Muhammad Haidar Dughlat later wrote in his Tarikh-i-Rashidi, "Kasym Khan now brought the Dasht-i-Kipchak under his absolute control, in a manner that no one, with the exception of Jochi, had ever done before. His army exceeded a thousand thousand". Kasym Khan instituted the first Kazakh code of laws in 1520, called "Қасым ханның қасқа жолы" (transliterated, "Qasım xannıñ qazqa jolı" — "Bright Road of Kasym Khan").

Unique Unit - Batyr's (Knight). Unit powerful against melee units.
Spoiler Picture :

Building - "Kesene" (Mausoleum). (replaces Temple) + 25% culture .
Spoiler Picture :

Spoiler City List :
Capital = Turkistan;
Siganak;
Almaty;
Taraz;
Sauram;
Sayram;
Otrar;
Tashkent;
Saraishyk;
Balasugin;
Orda-Bazar;
Karagandy;
Oskemen;
Shymkent;
Pavlodar;
Akmola (Astana);
Semey;
Baikonur;
Atyrau;
Kostanay;
Taldykorgan;

Spoiler Some History=) :
The first intensive Jungar raids started exactly from Zhetysu under the name of “battle on Orbulak” and it took place on the right bank of Ily in 1643. Yesim’s son Jahangir who participated in the battle along with his warriors which constituted 600 people defeated Jungar troops constituting 50 thousand people.

I'm currently working on a scenario, haven't been able to find the following civs...

Argentina (Probably the most annoying, as I can't really adapt a current civ and pass it off as Argentina)
Burma (Could use Siam)
Oman (Could use Arabia)

I'm sure I've missed an Argentina mod (in particular) somewhere...

Argentina (Probably the most annoying, as I can't really adapt a current civ and pass it off as Argentina)

In a pinch: Inca.

From Wikipedia:
The Inca Empire, under Sapa-Inca Pachacutec, invaded and conquered present-day north-western Argentina in 1480, a feat usually attributed to Túpac Inca Yupanqui.

Could we maybe get an Andean Civilization Scenario Mod?

The Civs: Nazca, Mapuche, Inca, Chachapoya, (Maybe Spain), Chibchas, and maybe Tupi.

Nazca:
Civilization: Nazca

Leader: None at the Moment

Unique Ability: Desert Sacrifice

Sacrificing a Greatperson for a :c5goldenage: increases :c5food: and :c5culture: by 20% in the :c5goldenage:. Deserts produce :c5plus: 2 :c5food: and :c5production: in a :c5goldenage:.

Unique Building: Puquios (Replaces Aqueduct), Desert Tiles provide :c5plus: 1 :c5food:

Unique Improvement: Nazca lines. May only be built on desert. Provides :c5plus: 3 :c5culture: and :c5plus: 1 :c5happy: if worked.

Capitol: Cahuachi
Other Cities: Nazca, Cauchilla, Marcaya, Ica, Huacachina, Chicchitara, Kantalloc, Paracas, Palpa, Changuillo, Jumana, Sacaco, Cerro Blanco

The Mapuche (Already someone has a civ moded for them will just use theirs)

Trait
Warrior Society
+10 XP for Land Units builded in the Capital
Great General provides double Golden Age duration when expended
Pay 25% for land unit maintenance

Unique Unit1
Mapuche Ironwood Clubman (Remplace Swordman)
+2
Can remove jungle and construct camp/fort
Free Promo: Spawn General I

Unique Unit2
Mapuche Cavalry (Remplace Horseman)
+2
Ignore terrain cost
Free promo: Spawn General I

Chibchas (again someone modded them well)

Trait
Road to El Dorado
Gold, Gems and Coal provides double quantity.
+1 Gold from each Trade Route.

Unique Unit
Muiscas Spearman (Remplace Spearman)
+1 Strength
Acquires promotions at double the rate of other units

Unique Building
Tejo (Remplace Colosseum)
+2 Happyness
Culture cost of acquiring new tiles reduced by 25% in this city
No Gold Maintenance

Inca already exists

Spain already exists

Chachapoya:
Civilization: Chachapoya
Leader: Blas Valera

Unique Ability: People of the Clouds
Units may move through/onto Mountains. (Enemy units can not attack your units in Mountains. You may not attack enemy units with range from mountains, but you may attack with melee from mountains) Jungles provide + 1 production.

Unique Building: Peri Chullpas Unique Improvement. May be built on mountains. Provides +2 Food, +2 science, +2 Production in Mountains. For every unit killed next to this tile the plot will provide +1 culture (maxes out at 4).

Unique Unit: Chachapoyan Macescout, Replaces Spearman. Starts with promotion (+40% Defensive bonus vs non-iron melee units) Loses Bonus vs Mounted units.

Possible cities:
Kuelap, Revash, Huancas, Purun Llacta, Yalape, Olan, Leymebamba, Chilchos, Gran Vilaya, Condors Lagoon, Congona, Jalca Grande, Macro, Yamon, Rentama, Iyacyecuj, Meseta.

Clarifications: Cities can not be built on mountains. Mountains comes with a base +1 production. Mountains only cost one movement point to cross through.

Possible strategies with this ability: Station troops in mountains so they cant be overwhelmed in a rush. Mounted units/melee units can engage in hit and run defensive combat, hitting a unit and then retreating to the mountains. Chullpas add to hit and run strategy and promote it by trying to have units die die near mountains. Other strategies include moving troops into enemy territory in mountains. Acts as constant harrassing threat making your enemy want to take a more defensive stance. Any opponent who has you to deal with and mountains near or in their borders, may think twice about warring you.

The most people know about the Chachapoya is probably the initial scene from Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Info on Chachapoya:
http://peruperu.com/chachapoyas.htm - Agriculture, some ruins info
http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=375 - Model of Chachapoya cities and some magnificent buildings/statues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chachapoya_culture
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n28732826/ - Some great details on Chachapoyan mummies
http://www.chachapoyas.com/ - Info on a good book concerning them

Some of the most amazing finds lately in the Andes have been Chachapoyan (cities, tombs, etc) and amazing things have been found (for example herbs that can only be found on specific pacific islands) suggesting perhaps trade on direct knowledge of some of these small pacific islands.

And maybe the Tupi (again someone malready modded them very well):

Trait
The Tamoyo Confederation

City-State Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate.

Unique Unit
Blackwood Archer (Remplace Archer)
Free Promo: bonus when fighting on Forest and Jungle

Unique Building
Cannibal Altar (Remplace Courthouse)
+4 Culture, 2 Gold Maintenance
Eliminates extra Unhappiness from an Occupied City,
trained units in the City heals more quickly (Free Promo: Fast Heal)

==================

The scenario could be based off of the Inca's general conquest of the region. The idea would be, the scenario is to conquer 3-4 Capitals before the Spanish arrive. Once the Spanish arrive civs who you have not conquered declare perm war on you and you must outlast their attacks and the Spanish attacks for a certain amount of turns. You will not be able to get gunpowder units in this scenario or mounted units.

A few additional sources of food could be used in the scenario (Quinoa and Corn).

There will be limited natural Wonders (El Dorado can appear, Lake Titicaca (4 food), Easter Island +3 food, +3 culture), perhaps Iguazu falls (perhaps a little too far off).

A few local World Wonders to be built: Machu Picchu, Huaca Fortaleza, Sascahuamán, Pumapunku, Kuelap, Cahuaci.

Just a rough idea if a modder maybe could construct?

Could you guys make a New Zealand Civilization for Civ 5 or 4 or BOTH :D ??? :king:

I couldn't decide which, either the HRE or Hapsburg Austria, to be my pick, so I placed items for both civilizations here.

Civilization: Austria/Holy Roman Empire

Leader: Charles V/Charlemagne/ Ferdinand I

Unique Ability: Defender of the Faith (for HRE)

Discovery of Theology increases Happy and Culture in the Capital

Unique Ability: Austrian Confederation (for Austria)

Citystate give you double the amount of free units.

Capitol: Vienna
Other Cities: Innsbruck, Geneva, Aachen, Augsburg, Worms, Bern, Zurich, Graz, Salzburg, Linz, Klagenfurt, Prague, Trent, Brandenburg (these are NOT listed in any kind of order)

Unique Trait: Cuius regio, eius religio Cities with a monastery have an extra %50 Strength

Unique Building: Electorate acts like a "mini-palace" Plus half Production Gold and Science that a palace provides, Plus %50 Rangedstrength

Unique Unit (Austria)
Winged Hussars (Replace Knight)
+2 Strength then the Knight, which it replaces.
+1 Moves then the Knight, which it replaces.

Unique Unit (Austria)
Jäger (Replace Riflemen)
Costs less Production then the Riflemen, which it replaces.
Has Plus 5 Strength in rough terrain,
Free promo: Blitz

Dude it's been done, not only has it been done multiple times but HRE is included with BTS. Hell why don't you request Canada and Egypt while your at it.

Dude it's been done, not only has it been done multiple times but HRE is included with BTS. Hell why don't you request Canada and Egypt while your at it.

I'm talking about Civ V bro, and plus, I haven't seen a good one at all. And I would've done it myself, but I do not have the technical skills for it.

Oops, thought I was on the civ 4 request thread, disregard the above obnoxious statement.

Hello all. I've been posting in the official Civ V forum over at the 2k site for a year or so, but it looks the community there has pretty much died out. Thought I'd toss some ideas for new civ's out here.

First, guess I need to ask: what are the practical limits of mods? Every civ mod I see in this forum seems to provide only flat, static bonuses in terms of unique traits. Are dynamic, event-driven abilities possible? Are new tile improvements feasible? I don't mind posting an idea even if it's not currently possible through modding, but that seems to be what this forum is for.

Mm-kay, maybe not as active a forum as I thought it would be. Guess I'll go ahead an post an idea:

MAYA
Unique Ability: Cycles of the Sun and Moon. Whenever Maya is the first civilization to adopt a social policy, the empire receives a permanent boost to science (+2.5%). Whenever Maya is the first civilization to learn a technology, the empire receives a permanent boost to culture (+2.5%).
Unique Tile Improvement: Step Pyramid. +1 culture. Requires Theology. Improves hills, plains, or grasslands, even if forests, marshes, or jungles are present. When constructed on a hill, a city within 2 tiles can built an observatory even without a nearby mountain. Astronomy adds +1 science.
Unique Unit: Hul-che Hurler (replaces pikeman): Strength 6, Move 2, Ranged Strength 14, Range 1. This unit can make ranged attacks, but only against adjacent enemies.

NOTES: With regard to the UA, I definitely think the most distinctive personality trait of the Mayan civ is that they integrated academic pursuits with folklore and theology. I was trying to think of a way they could cycle helping each other in a way that would be gradual. Originally, I considered a boost for completing production of science & culture buildings, but I liked the idea of competing to be the first civ to accomplish something better (which I borrowed from my idea for Indus Valley).

With the step pyramid UI, it was initially a UB that replaced the temple, and had a science boost tacked on (basically, a temple with a mini-observatory built in). But another goal I think is important with designing a Mayan is to actually be able to do something cool with jungles, and how cool is it to have a Mayan pyramid jutting out of them? And it ties in with getting Maya observatories everywhere.

As for the UU, like a lot of UU's it's not a perfect fit, but they seem obligatory so there it is. It at least dovetails with Civil Service, which unlocks the Chichen Itza WW. If Mayans had a more distinctive UU, I'm not aware of it. Not every army has special units. Oughta just do the ballcourt UB instead...

It would be AMAZING if someone did king arthur and Camelot!! the special unit could be merlin?? haha please someone do it!!!

Top Bottom