Current (SVN) development discussion thread

these errors just appeared when I started a 600 AD game as Italy:
Error in cityAcquired event handler <bound method CvRFCEventHandler.onCityAcquired of <CvRFCEventHandler.CvRFCEventHandler instance at 0x175DD1C0>>

edit:
They appear again and again at some turns. So far I noticed no actual errors in the game

2nd Edit:
Around 1444 the game always crashes when I go for the next turn.
(as Italy with Genoa, Venice, Rome)
I think I know the reason for that, I suggest reverting to the revision before it until I can commit a fix.

Fixed the bug from the previous revision, you can update to the most recent one again.

Leoreth, the color of the Mughals and Khmer is rather difficult to make out. This is at least the case for me.

Spoiler :

Would it be possible to change one of their colors?

Attachments

• mughalskhmer.jpg
    mughalskhmer.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 324
Especially when put against the green of the grasslands and jungles that make up that area. I can't even see the border...

I've thought about changing the Khmer color in the past, but don't really know what to. I think I'll look for a different shade of green.

Spoiler :

I experimented with purplish red. I seems a good choice.

Interesting ... but it looks similar to the Tibetan color, and they have a habit of acquiring cities in the area as well.

The modern Khmer flag (Cambodia, which has Khmer as its official language) is red white and blue.

Spoiler :

So far the overall theme of both the modern and Empire flag is the color white. The nearest civ with a white color is Japan. Would that still cause numerous conflicts? I think the red and blue of the modern flag is out of the question.

Otherwise you can try going with the yellow in the Mughals flag.

Spoiler :

The nearest power with a yellow color is China (and it's light yellow while the Mughals would be a bright yellow), and the other two yellow civs, Egypt and Holy Roman Empire, are unlikely to ever share borders.

But if you wanted to just abandon the flag colors completely, the only color not heavily represented that I can think of in that region are orange, purple, light brown, dark yellow, and for a shade of green, light green or possibly a very very dark green.

fyi, I did post the flag of ancient Khmer people (Kingdom of Cambodia) in citis' Historical Colours thread and it's yellow - light green, but here I post it again.

fyi, I did post the flag of ancient Khmer people (Kingdom of Cambodia) in citis' Historical Colours thread and it's yellow - light green, but here I post it again.

I had no clue. But unless we're going with a significantly dark or light shade of Yellow, I'd think this would become a problem with China.

Actually I'd like to keep possible yellows in reserve for future use ;)

How about using India's purple and making India orange? The alternative would be a more cyan like green.

Actually I'd like to keep possible yellows in reserve for future use ;)

How about using India's purple and making India orange? The alternative would be a more cyan like green.

Isn't Indonesia cyan? I do like the first idea.

Tibet's colour is similar but the difference is still visible. Moreover, Tibet's colot can be converted to something more pink. I agree with orange India, it seems more historically accurate. If it is a problem I propose to convert Indonesia to red.

Isn't Indonesia cyan? I do like the first idea.
Anyway, I usually rely on this list, I'm sure there's an unclaimed green that doesn't collide with either Mughals or Indonesia.

^ I like this. Probably a hint that a new civilization whose flag or national color is Yellow will be in soon! I hope it's Niue :D
Close, but it's actually Vatican City.

Aw, I was hoping for Belgium.

Belgium is too small for this map.thought it will be cool for a mod about after the 18th century Europe.start of colonial Independence's and the Napoleonic wars,USSR and many others

Belgium is too small for this map.thought it will be cool for a mod about after the 18th century Europe.start of colonial Independence's and the Napoleonic wars,USSR and many others
That was the point. Originally I wrote 'Monaco', but Monaco has no yellow in its flag (only red and white). The Vatican is, presumably, also too small and way too inconvenient for other nations to add.

That was the point. Originally I wrote 'Monaco', but Monaco has no yellow in its flag (only red and white). The Vatican is, presumably, also too small and way too inconvenient for other nations to add.

Vatican city would logically have its capital as Rome, of which lasted historically throughout the late classical, medieval ages, Renaissance, and early Industrial period, before any historical power took Rome for a substantial periods of time. It makes much more sense than Belgium, which hasn't lasted nearly as long, and would be centered on such a tiny area it would collide with Amsterdam.

Top Bottom