LS Civilization Set

Final version is done (now only bugfixes).

Ignoring low interest, I will announce the [BNW] Civilization Set, so you might give me some civ ideas if you want. So far I am considering Ashanti, Afghanistan and Scotland.

I bet I will make BNW version before I get the game. I need only BNW version of civ5buildings.xml and civ5resources.xml (Phoenicia), so if you can send them via PM, it would be great! About balance, I am little concerned about Haida's UB and Nepal's UA, but I hope those culture boosts will be fine.

Here is my first DoM (map by JanBoruta; credits):
Spoiler :

It would be great. (updating them without BNW would be quite... problematic) :)
I will try help if needed.

I've updated the Phoenicians, Souix and Haida for my own games and I'm testing them now. Everything seems ok so far. When I'm done I''ll do the whole pack. If you want to change any flavours or traits let me know!

Also, I have an alternative city list for the Souix if you like. It comes from the version on the Civ 4 Gold mod.

Final version is done (now only bugfixes).

Ignoring low interest, I will announce the [BNW] Civilization Set, so you might give me some civ ideas if you want. So far I am considering Ashanti, Afghanistan and Scotland.

Hey mate... I know this may sound a little selfish but are you willing to make a mod for me ? :/ I really don't know how to make a mod, so i'm begging you like God, please make my wish come true. I would like to see a mod for the Macedonian Republic. Here are my ideas , how i imagine it ... but of course you can (if you'll agree to make a mod) change them :)

I choose the name "Sun of Liberty" because the sun as a symbol has a special place in the macedonian culture and because in our national anthem we sing about the sun of liberty.
The Komitadji were rebels fighting against the ottoman rule (the second attachment is a drawing where you can see how the komitadji were dressed)
The Thallium mine because (as far as i know) you can find thallium only in the Allchar deposit in Macedonia (which has gold as well).
and for icons, i couldn't choose which one (even though i prefer the first one, with the sun). The first is the rising of the sun of liberty (the same is on our coat of arms ) and the second is our golden lion

I've updated the Phoenicians, Souix and Haida for my own games and I'm testing them now. Everything seems ok so far. When I'm done I''ll do the whole pack. If you want to change any flavours or traits let me know!

Also, I have an alternative city list for the Souix if you like. It comes from the version on the Civ 4 Gold mod.
To be honest, I have civ II sentiment, so I would prefer to keep current even if it is less accurate.

I have hotfix. In Phoenician Lua line 15 has to be replaced:
Code:
				if iCity:IsHasBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_PHOENICIA_LS_MOD_DUMMY) then
					iCity:SetBuildingYieldChange(GameInfoTypes.BUILDINGCLASS_PHOENICIA_LS_MOD_DUMMY, GameInfoTypes.YIELD_FAITH, 0);
				end
with
Code:
				if iCity:IsHasBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_PHOENICIA_LS_MOD_DUMMY) then
					[COLOR="Red"]iCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_PHOENICIA_LS_MOD_DUMMY, 0);[/COLOR]
				end

Hey mate... I know this may sound a little selfish but are you willing to make a mod for me ? :/ I really don't know how to make a mod, so i'm begging you like God, please make my wish come true. I would like to see a mod for the Macedonian Republic. Here are my ideas , how i imagine it ... but of course you can (if you'll agree to make a mod) change them :)

I choose the name "Sun of Liberty" because the sun as a symbol has a special place in the macedonian culture and because in our national anthem we sing about the sun of liberty.
The Komitadji were rebels fighting against the ottoman rule (the second attachment is a drawing where you can see how the komitadji were dressed)
The Thallium mine because (as far as i know) you can find thallium only in the Allchar deposit in Macedonia (which has gold as well).
and for icons, i couldn't choose which one (even though i prefer the first one, with the sun). The first is the rising of the sun of liberty (the same is on our coat of arms ) and the second is our golden lion
Well, I don't want to leave you with nothing.

First, I will tell you what you can do by yourself:
1. DoM text, you have already made it, but it would be nice to have a text to edition, not in image.
2. Greetings/Defeat text, what your leader will say when first met or defeated (2 versions would be nice)
3. Spy list: 10 names for spy + gender.
4. XML ready city list (20+). Every city you want in game has to be on two separate lists:
Code:
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_MACEDONIAN_MOD</CivilizationType>
			<CityName>[COLOR="red"]TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_YOURCITYNAME_MOD[/COLOR]</CityName>
		</Row>
and
Code:
		<Row Tag="[COLOR="Red"]TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_YOURCITYNAME_MOD[/COLOR]">
			<Text>Yourcityname</Text>
		</Row>
It is important that red parts are equal, while <Text></Text> part is without CAPS LOCK.

So, we are after the most time eating part. It is your job.

As I said, I will not left you with nothing. It is your UA in LUA:
Code:
MacPlotAva = {}

GameEvents.CityCaptureComplete.Add(function(iOldOwner, bIsCapital, iX, iY, iNewOwner, iPop, bConquest)
	if Players[iOldOwner]:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_MACEDONIAN_MOD then	
		if Players[iOldOwner]:IsAlive() then
			local mPlayer = Players[iOldOwner];
			local mTeam = Teams[mPlayer:GetTeam()];
			if	pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_PLASTIC) then
				MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_INFANTRY;
			else
				if  pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_REPLACEABLE_PARTS) then
					MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_GREAT_WAR_INFANTRY;
				else
					if  pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_RIFLING) then
						MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_RIFLEMAN;
					else
						if  pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_GUNPOWDER) then
							MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_MUSKETMAN;
						else
							if  pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_CIVIL_SERVICE) then
								MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_PIKEMAN;
							else
								if  pTeam:IsHasTech(GameInfoTypes.TECH_BRONZE_WORKING) then
									MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_SPEARMAN;
								else
									MacUnitUp = GameInfoTypes.UNIT_WARRIOR;
								end
							end
						end
					end
				end
			end
			local kplot = Map.GetPlot(iCityX, iCityY);
			MacPlotCount = 0;
			for i = 0, 5 do
				MacPlotCount = MacPlotCount + 1;
				local iPlot = Map.PlotDirection(kPlot:GetX(), kPlot:GetY(), i);
				if iPlot ~= nil then
					if ( iPlot:IsImpassable() == false ) and ( iPlot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_LAND or iPlot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS ) then
						MacPlotAva[MacPlotCount] = iPlot;
					end
				end
			end
			if not MacPlotCount == 0 then
				for j = 1, 2 do
					if MacPlotCount == 1 then
						MacLuckyPlot = MacPlotAva[1];
					else
						MacLuckyPlot = MacPlotAva[math.random(1,MacPlotCount)];
					end
					mPlayer:InitUnit(MacUnitUp, MacLuckyPlot:GetX(), MacLuckyPlot:GetY(), GameInfoTypes.UNITAI_ATTACK);
				end
			end
		end
	end
end)
I am unable to make UU and UI.

I would ask you to not bring this request in this thread anymore. I don't truely like the idea of modern Macedonian civ and Unique Set isn't good enough to build around it. You can/should make your own thread. I will try to give you more tips if I see that you are at least trying to follow the current ones.

Yes, Durrani will be perfect to represent whole region as I planned. Thanks. Pearl of the pearls.

If you could send me the values you want for each civ for the new BNW flavours that would be great!

FLAVOR_ARCHAEOLOGY
FLAVOR_I_LAND_TRADE_ROUTE
FLAVOR_I_SEA_TRADE_ROUTE
FLAVOR_I_TRADE_ORIGIN
FLAVOR_I_TRADE_DESTINATION
FLAVOR_AIRLIFT

From what I could see this is the only change that needs to be made. I'll check over the unit/building stats as well and see if they're in line with the BNW stats, though there aren't many changes in that regard. All the lua should be fine as it is because you haven't overwritten any entire files.

I always have that strange feeling "no idea what i am doing" while inserting flavours:

Leader|Archeology|Land Trade Route|Sea Trade Route|Trade Origin|Trade Destination|Airlift
Baldwin IV|3|6|5|4|4|5
Bohdan Khmelnytsky|4|7|5|3|5|6
Gregory XIII|7|4|4|6|6|8
Koyah|5|4|7|5|5|4
Musa I|8|8|4|7|7|4
Prithvi Narayan|6|6|5|6|6|8
Pygmalion|4|6|8|8|8|3
Sitting Bull|3|8|5|4|4|4
Suryavarman II|5|7|6|5|5|8
Timur|4|6|5|4|4|3

maybe the new flavors for yhour civs should be all 5s. In the actual game it's like that for some reason and it could be a gameplay issue that is causes when the number is too high or too low.

Some other things to consider for updating for BNW:

If you intend to follow Firaxis' track record, the Sioux will need a religious preference for RELIGION_PROTESTANTISM. Catholicism remains as RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY.

All post-Industrial units and Science buildings (i.e. the Madrassah) will need:

Code:
<FaithCost>X</FaithCost>
<UnlockedByBelief>true</UnlockedByBelief>

Phoenicia's Sea Market will need to give Production on Sea Resources, as the Lighthouse now takes the role that the Harbour possessed in GnKs:

Code:
<Building_SeaResourceYieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_SEA_MARKET</BuildingType>
			<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
</Building_SeaResourceYieldChanges>

But I believe that's everything, other than the already mentioned flavours.

I make my BNW to-do list (thanks everyone):
  • Leaders:
    • 6 new flavours
  • Buildings:
    • Madrassah
    • Sea Market
  • LUA:
    • Sioux (Happiness per City, since Order policy is removed)
    • Phoenicia (Add new resources to Sea Market)
  • Civilizations:
    • New religions
  • Icon Atlases:
    • Do what must be done.

I also added new version: DoM screens, Haida's max fear is now 15%, LUA staff (Phoenicia and Timurids bugs fixed).

I make my BNW to-do list (thanks everyone):
  • Leaders:
    • 6 new flavours
  • Buildings:
    • Madrassah
    • Sea Market
  • LUA:
    • Sioux (Happiness per City, since Order policy is removed)
    • Phoenicia (Add new resources to Sea Market)
  • Civilizations:
    • New religions
  • Icon Atlases:
    • Do what must be done.

I also added new version: DoM screens, Haida's max fear is now 15%, LUA staff (Phoenicia and Timurids bugs fixed).

Love the DOM screens and maps!
Would the BNW Souix UA LUA look something like this?

Spoiler :

--Happiness

SiouxPrePlayer = Game.GetActivePlayer();

GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(function(iPlayer)
local pPlayer = Players[SiouxPrePlayer];
if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_SIOUX_LS_MOD then
local currHap = pPlayer:GetExtraHappinessPerCity();
end
SiouxPrePlayer = iPlayer;
end)

If there is nothing that increases Happiness per city (I couldn't find new tenets/policies trees, but I know Order is no more), it would be:
Code:
	if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_SIOUX_LS_MOD then
[COLOR="Red"]		local hapHun = ( math.floor((pPlayer:GetTotalLand()/9)/pPlayer:GetNumCities()) - currHap );
		pPlayer:ChangeExtraHappinessPerCity(hapHun);[/COLOR]
	end
end)
Obviously, if it still work.

If there is nothing that increases Happiness per city (I couldn't find new tenets/policies trees, but I know Order is no more), it would be:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]		local hapHun = ( math.floor((pPlayer:GetTotalLand()/9)/pPlayer:GetNumCities()) - currHap );
		pPlayer:ChangeExtraHappinessPerCity(hapHun);[/COLOR]
	end
end)
Obviously, if it still work.

Thanks, I'll test it now. How would I be able to tell if it's working? Nothing seems to show up in the happiness dropbox indicating happiness from cities.

Make one city, have at least 9 land tiles, make turn or two. If it doesn't show up in happiness window, then something is wrong.
1. They might remove it since it is no longer used by Order
2. LUA error (check log)

@Edit
According to this thread, it should be working.

Top Bottom