The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

Malta's in that place where it's juuuust small enough that most major modders won't give it notice, but juuuust significant enough that people won't make it as a joke civ (see: Liechtenstein and Sealand). De Valette seems like a pretty good choice of leader - I kind of see Malta playing something like a European Zulu, what with the whole Great Siege of Malta thing - I kind of like something along the lines of 'Whenever a city or unit garrisoned in one defeats a non-barbarian unit, golden age points are gained and the enemy's Cargo Ships have less range'. A Hospitaller would be a pretty obvious UU, dunno what it would do. Maybe it can contribute to that UA by not taking damage if it attacks from a city, alongside maybe earning a bunch of influence for defending and being gifted to City-States. As for a UB, I definitely like the prospect of the megalithic temples, they are quite interesting. Maybe a Temple that's at Mining (but still needs the shrine and has the same production cost) and gives a Worker once it's finished?

Maybe it isn't a joke to add it into the game, what do you think? Yeah, the megalithic temples are a good way to start but Malta has so many tourist attractions that you might just add another UB. The trait is quite good especially cause of it's position in the sea. I like your ideas to make this civ possible. Trying to make a mod for it. I just need somebody to help me with the XML, Civ and Unit. I may update the building because I just made a Maltese Palace to make an example(updating name soon) but megalithic temples belong to gozo

Malta's in that place where it's juuuust small enough that most major modders won't give it notice, but juuuust significant enough that people won't make it as a joke civ (see: Liechtenstein and Sealand). De Valette seems like a pretty good choice of leader - I kind of see Malta playing something like a European Zulu, what with the whole Great Siege of Malta thing - I kind of like something along the lines of 'Whenever a city or unit garrisoned in one defeats a non-barbarian unit, golden age points are gained and the enemy's Cargo Ships have less range'. A Hospitaller would be a pretty obvious UU, dunno what it would do. Maybe it can contribute to that UA by not taking damage if it attacks from a city, alongside maybe earning a bunch of influence for defending and being gifted to City-States. As for a UB, I definitely like the prospect of the megalithic temples, they are quite interesting. Maybe a Temple that's at Mining (but still needs the shrine and has the same production cost) and gives a Worker once it's finished?
I forgot about the Hospitalller, maybe the modders can make it that he can also spread faith due to the original purpose was to conquer Jerusalem for Christianity in the Crusades. If they don't want to add a UB, they can make a US(Unique Ship). I am also bad about graphics so it would be best if these guys make it. :)

XML isn't enough for most of the time if you really want to make your civ unique, accurate and fun but who am I to talk. :sad:

Edit: by the way use the edit button bottom right to your messages.

Oh, that's why I am not available to create it alone. Sorry for the no edit thingy...
Do you know about modding? Perhaps we can help each other out and create the unique mod of the Knights of Malta

Well I am trying to learn Lua but I am slacker so that's not helping that much, all I can say that I want to aim that by end of October I will have enough knowledge to begin making more complicated things than a flat bonuses like +1 yield or free promotion.
For short if I won't be too lazy you will see more activity from other than posting and maybe some art of an Austrian jew.

How is the Celtic update going?

Anyone got any ideas for Palmyra? I'm thinking of making them a gold civ with a UA that reflects their influence on trade into Asia and perhaps a small combat bonus against cities of larger civs reflecting their swift conquest of large parts of the Roman Empire during the crisis (against cities rather than units so it's not the same as Ethiopia).

Also, ideas for uniques? I'm thinking a Syrian Legion UU with advantages in desert but I've got no idea what to do for the second one.

You can use the Clibanarii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clibanarii), that is basically like the cataphract, but they could, for example, have a bonus against infantry, or in desertic tiles, or even a bonus against cities that was not founded by it's current owner...
And for the UA, could be something related to their large-scale monuments containing funerary art (culture from each Great People expended ?) and maybe extra gold from trade routes.

Maybe it isn't a joke to add it into the game, what do you think? Yeah, the megalithic temples are a good way to start but Malta has so many tourist attractions that you might just add another UB. The trait is quite good especially cause of it's position in the sea. I like your ideas to make this civ possible. Trying to make a mod for it. I just need somebody to help me with the XML, Civ and Unit. I may update the building because I just made a Maltese Palace to make an example(updating name soon) but megalithic temples belong to gozo

Auberges would be a better UB option for Malta then since it'd tie to the Knights Hospitallers while also being a good tourism centered building, all while being fitting for Malta of course.

This Malta discussion is kinda derailing the thread though.

Auberges would be a better UB option for Malta then since it'd tie to the Knights Hospitallers while also being a good tourism centered building, all while being fitting for Malta of course.

This Malta discussion is kinda derailing the thread though.

If people provide the required art I'll see if I can make it :).

I'd say Red/Gray

I'll sort out an icon, what colours do you want?

No idea. I've been looking at their flags/coat of arms and I can't find any good unique colours. So anything goes, haha.

For the leader I reckon Jean Parisot de Valette would do best. The symbol should be the Hospitaller cross.

That is the 1. I think the UT should be that they get extra gold with trading due to their position as in the middle of a sea

Nice so somebody is up to it, I will stick to my own project then. :)

Oh and this small idea for an Easter egg came to my mind, a WH40k Dreadnought model replacement for GDR?

Maltese colours, maybe CC3366 and CCCCFF

Attachments

• 600px-Roundel_of_SMOM.svg.png
    600px-Roundel_of_SMOM.svg.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 43
Malta is a really good opportunity to use pink colors. Plus they aren't really popular for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom