Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Viregel

, The Rt. Hon.
NOTE: The project is dead for the time being, and the Steam links will not work. The civs will be updated in due course by other modders.

Greater Europe

People of the Old World

Hello! Greater Europe is an incredibly Eurocentric modding group that aims to oversaturate representation of Europe to the degree where everyone starts complaining. As a side project, Greater Europe accidentally started doing some WWI civs and might as well try to finish them off. Suggestions are welcome, though there is a very high chance they will never get done or remain in limbo for several months to several years.

Head of State: Philip I Mountbatten, of House Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Duke of Edinburgh and Unquestioned Supreme Ruler of all lands in the realm of Greater Europe
Head of Government: Viregel, Grand Prince of Greater Europe
Minister of State: JFD, The Emperor
Minister for Arts and Culture: Janboruta, Voivode of Lesser Poland
Minister for Progress and Industry: COF, Ban of the Balkan Territories
Minister for Innovation and Technology: TarcisioCM, Kaiser of the German Realm
Minister of Research: Sgt. Roadkill, Lord of the British Isles
Minister for Internal Affairs: Nix, Leader of The Party​

Civilisations of the times before the Great War

(Note - some of these are either in limbo or are just about finished but not quite.)

Margaret - The Kalmar Union
Download | Subscribe

UU: Baltic Warship
Replaces Galleass. Has a Combat Bonus in friendly territory, and increases border expansion rate while garrisoned. Earns Golden Age points from kills.

UB: Round Church
A replacement for the Garden, the Round Church provides +2 Faith and Happiness, as well as granting a Gold bonus on naval trade routes from the city.

Credits:
Code and most art: Viregel
LH Art: TarcisioCM
Icon Atlases: JFD
Lua Assistance: Ryoga, BouncyMischa, LeeS and LastSword
Screenshots/Balance: TPangolin, DJSHenninger, JanBoruta
Peace Music: Europa Universalis IV, Land of Glory
War Music: Crusader Kings, Deus Vult; Voices of War

Oengus I - The Picts
Download | Subscribe

UU: Caledonii
Replaces Spearman. Gains additional movement in Hills, as well as a Combat Bonus in Rough Terrain.

UB: Broch
Replaces Walls. Grants a promotion to every melee unit trained in the city.

Credits:
XML, Leader and Unique art: Viregel
Lua, Civ Icon, Tidying up: JFD
Map: TarcisioCM
Leader Icon: JanBoruta
Peace Music: A Song of Talesin - The Picts
War Music: Knights of Honor - Sword and Faith

Niklot - The Slavs
Download | Subscribe

UU: Voi
Replaces Pikeman. Slightly weaker than normal Pikeman. Has a small Combat Bonus against cities, but gives a larger one to nearby units also sieging the city. Double plunder upon city capture.

UB: Opole
Replaces Courthouse, cheaper to build and may be built anywhere. +5 city combat strength. Grants a World Congress delegate when built in conquered cities.

Credits:
Code (including Lua, to some extent): Viregel
Art (including Voi reskin): Janboruta
Original Unit Model: Levy, by Danrell
Peace Theme: Krzesimir Debski, "Gusla"
War Theme: Krzesimir Debski, "Atak Kmieci"

Sitalces - The Thracians
Download | Subscribe

UU: Falxman
Replaces Swordsman. +25% Combat Strength when attacking, -25% when defending.

UU: Peltast
Replaces Composite Bowman. Gains a Combat Bonus when adjacent to an enemy unit. May move after attacking.

Credits:
Viregel: XML
Janboruta: Art/Unit Reskins
Leugi: Unit Models
JFD: Lua
Sukritact: Events and Decisions Support
Tomatekh: Pedias
Pouakai: Assistance with XML
Peace Theme: Praetorians OST - 03 - Through Tears to Victory: The Calm
War Theme: Rome Total War Soundtrack - Journey to Rome part 2

Any plans for a Spain split? Seems to fit your proposed theme and it'd be interesting to see Galician/Basque/Catalonian/Moor civs...

Huzzah. He finally reveals his secret plans.

Although so much for timing :p

I know. If only my computer clock was in sync...

Any plans for a Spain split? Seems to fit your proposed theme and it'd be interesting to see Galician/Basque/Catalonian/Moor civs...

Definitely tempted to do so!

Couldn't the Almohads be a worthy part of a Spanish split as well ? And the Ummayads for that matter (I guess that's who you mean by Cordoba ?).

As for the screenshot... I don't know, Serbia maybe ?

Sealand is the second-best new Civ that has been uploaded to the workshop in the past 24 hours.

You should feel honored!

Only second best... :cringe:

Hutt River civ is next.

Next year, maybe. Along with Andorra, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein and San Marino. (I have a feeling that those four together would be hilarious...)

Pelagius of Austurias perhaps?

That does seem like a strong choice. Would having León on top of that be too much? I'm willing to do a ton of Spanish civs, as the nation is very interesting, and it gives me a chance to learn Spanish. However, technically speaking, shouldn't this be the Iberia split?

Well, Portugal is already a separate civ, so Spanish split would technically work, Iberia split fits too.

Spain later; first, Dál Riata!

Leader: Aedan I
Annuls of Ulster: +1 Gold and Faith for every Great Work. Cities that have adopted a religion gain a free Monastery, which has an additional Great Work of Writing slot.
Currach: Replaces Trireme. Has +1 movement, and can create fishing boats. Costs 25% less to build.
Fili: Replaces Missionary. Can Start a Golden Age, Preform a Concert Tour, or Write a Political Treatise. May be build at the discovery of Theology.

Known Bugs:
Icons still don't display correctly in places. Working on that.

Steam

Just say if you ever need some art help. I'm honestly going to try and win with Sealand one of these days. :lol:

If you do, then I shall personally present you with a medal. :D As for the art, thank you very much for the suggestion! I try to do a lot of my own art (just to make sure that I can vaguely get it the way I want it), but seeing as your art skills are 10000 times better, then go ahead!

Also, I need suggestions for the Spain Split! Please help!

Top Bottom