Greater Europe - People of the Old World

I'm portuguese and it's not an iberian split it's a Spanish split: Galicia, Leon, Castilla, Aragon, Navarra, Catalunia...
I'm fully interested in helping you out, if you don't want to work alone on this, for a Reconquista scenario...

Technically Iberia because Cordoba. (Which had territory in Portugal, IIRC. Also, the name "Iberia" is several times cooler.) Anyway, I'd definitely love help, and a Reconquista Scenario sounds good as well.

I'll do some research, seems like Muslim Spain is already done, but if you're going to do your own, I suggest Sayyida al Hurra as the personality for the civ.

I'd suggest Basque Whalers as an UU for the Basque, replacing the Work Boat, they were the first people to commercially hunt whales and had their golden age during the 16th century, whaling all through the atlantic and there's even myths that they went hunting up to the Americas in the 1300s, fun stuff.

For leader I suggest Antso Gartzeitz III.a Nagusia, or Sancho III the Great if you don't feel like using Euskara names...

For an actual military Unique Unit, I'd suggest either the Chapelgorris or the Vascongado Tercios...

For Catalonia, I suggest James I the Conqueror as the leader, and the Almughavars as one of their UUs.
Another interesting fact is just how old the Catalonian Parliament is, roughly 11th century, so they may have some bonus related to the World Congress or something like that, I imagine Catalonia as a cultural powerhouse, with their peak strenght in medieval times.

Both Catalonia and the Basque country were the centers of Spanish industrialization, so there's that too.

Galicia... should be a naval civ, haven't found out much more than that yet.

OK, planning for the Spain/Iberia split:

Vaguely Final Civs:
Asturias, Castile, Cordoba, Almohads, Umayyads, Aragon, Basque, Leon, and Galica. Probably something I missed. Thanks to COF for the icon for Galica!

Edit: Idea for Aragon's UA. Presumably not possible, but I'll put it out there to see if anyone can prove me wrong.

UA: Consolat de Mar
Naval Units gain +15 XP if they are trained in a city with a naval trade route. May purchase delegates from other civs if you have a trade route with them.

OK, planning for the Spain/Iberia split:

Vaguely Final Civs:
Asturias, Castile, Cordoba, Almohads, Umayyads, Aragon, Basque, Leon, and Galica. Probably something I missed. Thanks to COF for the icon for Galica!

Leon
Spoiler :

Basque
Spoiler :

Asturias
Spoiler :

Aragon
Spoiler :

Cordoba ( I used Granada's flag, is that OK?)
Spoiler :

For Castile you can just use Spain's icon. The Almohads have and Icon in one of the scenarios. I'll need specific stuff for the Umayyads.

The icons look great! Thanks a ton! :goodjob:

For the Umayyads, their only Spanish capital was Cordoba, which is already used, so I'm probably going to represent them as outsiders to Spain on purpose. This presumably helps more for the Reconquista Scenario as well. I cannot find a good base icon for them anyway - is there anything you would suggest?

The icons look great! Thanks a ton! :goodjob:

For the Umayyads, their only Spanish capital was Cordoba, which is already used, so I'm probably going to represent them as outsiders to Spain on purpose. This presumably helps more for the Reconquista Scenario as well. I cannot find a good base icon for them anyway - is there anything you would suggest?

Not the most creative thing ever but...this

Thanks COF! I have a feeling that I'll require your artistic talents again soon. (That is, once I've sorted out the civs.) On that note, does anyone want to help put together the code and ideas for the civs? I think I'll prioritise the Spain Split before anything else, and I hope to get the ideas done this weekend if possible.

Thanks COF! I have a feeling that I'll require your artistic talents again soon. (That is, once I've sorted out the civs.) On that note, does anyone want to help put together the code and ideas for the civs? I think I'll prioritise the Spain Split before anything else, and I hope to get the ideas done this weekend if possible.

Can't help much with planning, but I'll try to get the maps done tomorrow.

EDIT: Got one for today:)
Spoiler :

Well, Iberia yeah if you're planning a Moorish civ...

So, I'm not sure if you're just looking for a Iberia split, or if you're focusing on Reconquista.
I'm focusing on Reconquista and these are the civs I'm interested in

I'm basically focusing on the last century of the Reconquista period, but I was also thinking in three scenarios (a trilogy :lol:) with different time lapses

Even if you're not focusing on Reconquista there is common ground for us to be working together :)

COF I wouldn't use Granada for Cordoba

Basically, I'm focusing on a full-out Spain/Iberia split! (Still not sure what I want to cal it - Iberia's more accurate, but more people will recognise Spain.) However, the civs used can easily be redesigned to fit into, the Reconquista Scenario (I'm doing Castile, Aragon, Leon, Galicia and Almohads, Portugal's in-game, and Basque can become Naverre). Also, would it be a better idea to do Granada (effectively the last holdout against Christendom in Iberia) than Cordoba, as the city was once the Umayyad Capital, allowing them to be in-game as well?

Top Bottom