Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

yes i mean the graphics :) When i build the additional wall, a wall appears around the city, but when i build Walls the walls around the city disappear from the graphic xD
p.s. if you put the songs would you please add this greeting : "They say that only the sun is older then Macedonia. Welcome! I'm Samuel, Tsar of Macedonia." and please inform me when you'll put the songs so that i can download the mod again :) (of course if you're willing to do that)

Oh now I understand. IDK why it does that. I'll try to fix that somehow. I probably end up removing the walls graphics from the additional walls. And I can't add that greeting, it's not accurate. He was never the Tsar of Macedonia and I believe the sun reference is a Republic of Macedonia-thing. I'd like to keep it this way. I will let you know when I've added the music :)

Do you know if you'll be making more Civs from around this area?

From the Balkans etc? Macedonia was the last one I had in mind. I now have Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Croatia. I'm not sure Kosovo or Slovenia is gonna work. That, of course, doesn't mean I won't be making any new ones :) Feel free to make a suggestion. The next civ will be the Seljuq Empire. Already have enough ideas for that :) And luckily I found some decent pictures too :) That's probably like half the work lol.

Seljuq empire!? Holy cow! I actually decided to make art for those guys in case I ever learned how to mod, only 2 days ago!

Behold the result of 15 minutes of research:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Ghulam Cavalry:
Spoiler :

Agulani
Spoiler :

Got most of it from here

Nice :) I was troubled with the name of the bow cavalry. You named it Ghulam, although the only Ghulam cavalry I could find were heavy cavalry and not bow cavalry. I wonder if they were Turkmen. Or perhaps you're right and they are indeed called Ghulam as well. Also, the map. Every map I find is different, lol. Rather annoying. In the end I did find a map I believe should work. I need one during Alp Arslan's rule. I chose a silver background instead (civ icon) :D

But, did you have another civilization in mind? (Because of your question)

Edit: I don't suppose you could fetch me a nice list of cities? XD

Ok wow this will keep me going xD Looked into some of these civs, for example Bhutan, but it doesn't work for me as there are usually no good pictures. Suprised that you could actually make something out of Slovenia!

Yeah, I actually made a LOT of art for those guys (Carantania) , including a leader screen and some civilopedia entries. I could send you the stuff per PM, but I'll have to ask Viergel first, he said he was interested in doing them but wasn't sure if he want's to make them.

If you are interested in Bhutan I'd say that Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal would be the best leader choice. (That name though :crazyeye:)

As for Uniques, the only idea I had was a Dzong.

Yeah, I actually made a LOT of art for those guys (Carantania) , including a leader screen and some civilopedia entries. I could send you the stuff per PM, but I'll have to ask Viergel first, he said he was interested in doing them but wasn't sure if he want's to make them.

If you are interested in Bhutan I'd say that Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal would be the best leader choice. (That name though :crazyeye:)

As for Uniques, the only idea I had was a Dzong.

Had the same ideas for Bhutan but there's simply no good visual representation of the guy :p Viregel can do Carantania, no problem ;)

Yep, I'm intending to get started on a Bhutan after I've gotten most of my in-progress civs finished. Though I was gonna go with one of the leaders of the modern Kingdom, as opposed to historical states of Bhutan, probably Jigme Singye Wangchuck. A focus on early-game isolation into late-game bonuses from Friendships/Research Agreements, with the Dzong as a Unique Improvement (just imagine how awesome that would look, if I could get Leugi or one of the other skilled 3D artists to do a custom model). I'm still pretty darn stumped in terms of UUs, though. Some sorta warrior monk or militia? I haven't found much historical detail on Bhutanese military forces.

Hey, Viergel said he was only interested :lol:

But yeah, finding something about Bhutanese military is pretty tough, they were pretty pacifistic.
After reading this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Bhutan
The only thing I could think of was something among the lines of:
"Royal bodyguards" or "royal defense"

Also, this map has a decent amount of Seljuk cities:
http://i.imgur.com/QGkOZs7.jpg

I guess you could use Iranian cities for the rest.

Okay :) Thanks, please don't forget to add the sound ... I know you have a lot of work with new mods, thousands of ideas you would like to realize but please i beg you for this one more thing, to add the sounds and i will never bother you again :)

Hey, Viergel said he was only interested :lol:

But yeah, finding something about Bhutanese military is pretty tough, they were pretty pacifistic.
After reading this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Bhutan
The only thing I could think of was something among the lines of:
"Royal bodyguards" or "royal defense"

Also, this map has a decent amount of Seljuk cities:
http://i.imgur.com/QGkOZs7.jpg

I guess you could use Iranian cities for the rest.

Thanks, that'll help. I'll just look up some Iranian cities and check if they were around at the time of the Seljuks.

My planning charts include basically a medieval Sri Lanka, as well as a descendant empire of the Sassanian Empire and Livonia, a sort of medieval Latvia/Estonia, so I've got that covered. Eventually.

Nice, good luck with that :)

Yep, I'm intending to get started on a Bhutan after I've gotten most of my in-progress civs finished. Though I was gonna go with one of the leaders of the modern Kingdom, as opposed to historical states of Bhutan, probably Jigme Singye Wangchuck. A focus on early-game isolation into late-game bonuses from Friendships/Research Agreements, with the Dzong as a Unique Improvement (just imagine how awesome that would look, if I could get Leugi or one of the other skilled 3D artists to do a custom model). I'm still pretty darn stumped in terms of UUs, though. Some sorta warrior monk or militia? I haven't found much historical detail on Bhutanese military forces.

You could always try a non-military unique unit. The Shabdrung as a unit? Good luck, though :p

Okay :) Thanks, please don't forget to add the sound ... I know you have a lot of work with new mods, thousands of ideas you would like to realize but please i beg you for this one more thing, to add the sounds and i will never bother you again :)

I will try to add it now. Just finished making some art.

Damn, I probably should have looked at this thread more often. :p I'm certainly up for doing Carantania - though DJSHenninger, your civs are of higher quality that anything I could hope to code. If you so wish, I'm up for collaboration on it.

I now totally hate the menu music after spending 3+ hours yesterday trying to add music to Macedonia and still failing. But NOW it actually works! YES! And I don't know why. I think something was wrong with the .xml file I used.. I simply deleted the thing and imported the music.xml from another mod :D Anyway, you can enjoy your music now!

Will you be adding music to some of your other civilizations? I'm using Armenia and Sikh Empire and grafted music into them from other mods, the only problem is when they update the files I put in go away.

Will you be adding music to some of your other civilizations? I'm using Armenia and Sikh Empire and grafted music into them from other mods, the only problem is when they update the files I put in go away.

I don't know where to look for appropriate music myself, but if you (or anyone else) know music I could use, then I'm willing to add that :) For example, which music pieces did you pick for Armenia and the Sikh Empire? (I hope this time it'll take like 10 minutes instead of hours lol)

Top Bottom