MayorS's Civilizations

MayorS

Chieftain

Old Civs
Spoiler :

The Phoenicians: Hiram I
Spoiler :

UA: Traders in Purple
All Plantation Resources provide double quantity. Receives +2 Gold for each Trade Route with a different civ or City-State.
UU1: Bireme
Phoenician replacement for the Trireme. The Bireme is cheaper than the Trireme, and may enter ocean tiles
UU2: Colonist
Phoenician replacement for the Worker. Can build improvement on tiles. Can settles city on continents other than where Phoenicia started on.
Civfanatics Download

Steam Download

The Sioux: Red Cloud
Spoiler :

UA: Ghost Dance
Gains Faith for the empire from each enemy unit killed. Melee units cost 25% less maintenance.
UU: War Chief
The War Chief is a Unique Great Person available to the Sioux. The War Chief has extra sight and movement.
UI: Tipi
+1 :c5food: and +1 :c5faith: and +2 :c5culture: After discovering Flight. only buildable on flat plains tiles. Cannot be built next to another Tipi.
Civfantics download

Steam Download

Kushan Empire: Kanishka
Spoiler :

UA:
The Kushan have an unique Palace that have two Great Work of Art Slot, and provide +2 Faith. Your trade routes spread the home city's religion twice as effectively.
UU1:Kataphraktoi
The Kataphraktoi is stronger then the Knight it replace, but is cost more to build. No penalty vs cities. Starts with Cover 1.
UU2:Yuezhi Footman
Starts with Charge. May be purchased right away with Faith for half the usual price. Upgrades into a Musketman instead of a Lancer.
You should play with the Dynamic Culture Overview Mod by Kyte with this Civilization.
Steam Download
Download

Great Civilizations! I'm especially a fan of your Sioux. Out of curiosity, what other Civs are you planning on making?

Ooooh, much excite. Need a hand with ideas for Kushan uniques?

Help will be appreciated. I would put all ideas into consideration.
Some ideas for the Kushans are to base the Civilization around trade and religion. Trade for the Silk Road, and religion for the Kushan involvement in the spread of Buddhism.

What about, for the UA, you gave them bonus gold for each trade route that goes through their land, even their own?

That's a good idea for the Kushans DZastr22, but it is a little to complex for me to do now without going deep into Lua. There still is going to be trade focus uniques for the Kushans.

Here is my UA idea: Begram Treasure
The Kushan have an unique Palace that have two Great Work of Art Slot, and provide +2 :c5faith: Faith. Your trade routes spread the home city's religion twice as effectively.

The Begram Treasure is a Palace for the Kushans that contains great works of art from across the known world most notable Greek and Chinese Works. the Palace also has a theming bonus when you have works from two different Civilizations. The faith idea comes from the Buddhist Council and the Gandhara school of Greco-Buddhist art. and the trade route spread religion more effectively is for the silk road which helped spread Buddhism.

This UA gives the Kushans an advantage when its comes to the religion and culture game early on.

Thanks for the Art Hiram

Here is the new icon
Spoiler :

Here is the Map
Spoiler :

So, here's what I've managed to come up with for the Kushan uniques:

The Kushan Empire (Kanishka)
Start Bias: Plains
UA: Yagbu Vassalage
Gain a permanent +5% bonus to :c5food: Food, :c5culture: Culture, and :c5faith: Faith generation in the :c5capital: Capital whenever you annexe a captured City-State. International Trade Routes emanating from your Cities apply double Religious Pressure.
UU: Yu-Chi Footman (replaces Pikeman)
Starts with Charge and a unique promotion, "Hellenic Indians", which grants it a +25% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when stood next to another Yu-Chi Hoplon. May be purchased with :c5faith: Faith for half the usual price.
UU: Kshatriya (replaces Knight)
Starts with a unique promotion, "Bactrian Code", that grants a +10% :c5strength: Combat Bonus after killing an enemy unit. The bonus lasts 10 turns on Standard Game Pace, but is not reset with additional kills; rather, each subsequent kill increases the bonus by +5%.

You can't reduce the Faith Cost of things without wrecking the DLL, last time I checked. Anyway, a lot of that looks pretty complex to code.
:confused: Tell me Viregel, are you familiar with a <Buildings> and <Units> column called <FaithCost>?

Well, yeah, it is a bit all over the place. The Kushan Empire was a bit all over the place as well.

See, what I was trying to do was balance their competing cultural influences. The Kushan Empire was sandwiched between the Hellenic world and the Indian subcontinent; indeed, the later Emperors started putting "Soter Magna" on the coins, and there are contemporaneous reports of the original Yu-chi tactics (massed horse archers) being phased out in favour of hoplite-esque footsoldiery and cataphracts. Okay, the reports in question come from Buddhist religious texts, so who knows how accurate they are. However, the really tricky part is that the Empire was effectively a vast network of tributary states that fielded their own armies, including (again, according to those pesky Buddhist religious texts) war chariots, armoured elephants, and mercenaries from the hill tribes and the Saca and Iran and all sorts of places. It was a truly cosmopolitan empire...

And therefore a big fat headache for any poor sod trying to summarize Kushan military history for the benefit of a computer game.

I was trying to make a Civ that's built around doing what you don't tend to do on higher difficulties, that being the annexation of City-States by force of arms. The Kushan setup, which I've just touched upon, makes that seem legit, and I like Civs that focus upon building your Capital up to glorious heights. Maybe the Kshatriya could be changed, to be more Faith-oriented, Iunno, but I could sure use some help with these ideas. =]

Reworked the Kshatriya:

UU: Kshatriya (replaces Knight)
Starts with Cover I and a unique promotion, "Indian Kataphraktoi", that allows it to generate :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith whenever it is used to capture a City. Gains 1 XP per turn when garrisoned in the :c5capital: Capital, up to a maximum of 30 XP. Retains all abilities upon upgrading to Cavalry.

In the quite astoundingly unlikely event that someone's interested in this, the Kshatriya warrior caste genuinely does derive its name from the Kushan Empire. Since the famed heavy cavalry of the Kushans was largely made up of noblemen and since TP's Blackfoot Civ is a proof of concept, I decided to nab the "Gain XP per turn if stood on this spot", nerf it a bit, and give it to the Kshatriya. It also synergises with the UA quite nicely, which I think was Viregel's biggest concern.

Having said that, I've absolutely no idea how you'd code all this. That's your job. =]

Do you by any chance have an interest in other Ancient Indian Civilizations? I made a Kamarupa for personal use but I'd love to see another take on it.

Top Bottom