Being offered gold in exchange of accepting AI embassy

Selling your embassy could be weird. Scouting back and finding their capital would make selling your embassy not that weird particularly when you have to pay back for the embassy.

Selling your embassy could be weird. Scouting back and finding their capital would make selling your embassy not that weird particularly when you have to pay back for the embassy.

you dont ever have to pay back the embassy.

1st they will often include it for free in a lux trade.

2nd unless you want a DoF why do you even need their embassy if you have discovered their cap?

1st they will often include it for free in a lux trade.
Are you sure about that, my experience is they always value it at 1 gpt.

2nd unless you want a DoF why do you even need their embassy if you have discovered their cap?
You can't get open borders unless one of you has the other's embassy.

it is important to note that you can sell your embassies all game long, its not a one shot deal. over the course of a game this a huge amount of gold

I will be giving this a try, but it takes a DoW or denouncement to lose the embassy. Once relations degree, every 1 gpt becomes harder. So I am quite skeptical that this could average much better than twice per civ. So 7 x 2 x 30 = 420 gold total per game. Not a “huge” amount!

Because it is an easy light green modify that cost nothing and which is a prerequisite for good relations. You have been needless handicapping your diplo if you are not routinely getting an embassy.

Are you sure about that, my experience is they always value it at 1 gpt.

You can't get open borders unless one of you has the other's embassy.

Its not 100% bought i rarely have an issue getting them so pony it up esp if they have proposed the initial lux trade

though i tend to see it far more often in GPT-4-lux than lux-4-lux trades.

unless im going CV im not likely to open my borders to many civs.

I will be giving this a try, but it takes a DoW or denouncement to lose the embassy. Once relations degree, every 1 gpt becomes harder. So I am quite skeptical that this could average much better than twice per civ. So 7 x 2 x 30 = 420 gold total per game. Not a “huge” amount!

Its a big deal for me as i dont churn out sub T200 victories.i can usually count at least a dozen Dows/Denouncements i am involved in per game.

Because it is an easy light green modify that cost nothing and which is a prerequisite for good relations. You have been needless handicapping your diplo if you are not routinely getting an embassy.

if you are looking for dof and RA then sure,but beyond that that tiny green modifier isnt going to make/break your relations with them,the gold may be more valuable.

And i go for DomV 80% of the time anyways or at least a partial Dom assisted VC so i am not always worried about great relations with everyone.

Im also playing a lot with Acken's mod so turtleing my way to anything is rarely an option

though i tend to see it far more often in GPT-4-lux than lux-4-lux trades.

The embassy is definitely costing you 1 gpt in those situations. I routinely try adding 1 gpt to deals, so I am confident about that.

unless im going CV im not likely to open my borders to many civs.

Well that is costing you 1 gpt right there. And you can sell OB multiple times since it expires after 30 turns (unlike embassy).

i can usually count at least a dozen Dows/Denouncements i am involved in per game.

My earlier point was that getting a free embassy from a lux4lux deal is probably a once per civ opportunity, twice if you are very lucky. You are making my case for me!

if you are looking for dof and RA then sure,but beyond that that tiny green modifier isnt going to make/break your relations with them, the gold may be more valuable.

Even without the DOF and RA, I think the embassy is much more valuable than 30 gold. It could easily be the difference between a DOW or not. Or a DOW being bribable. Just off the top of my head, there is all the friend-of-friend diplo dynamics. Like I said before, I think you have been handicapping yourself! I can only speculate that you do not have a sense of the usual pace and rhythms of the game. Not that there is anything wrong with domination, and that is the play style where many (most?) gamers end up, but are you already bored with Deity? Or did you just never get there?

The embassy is definitely costing you 1 gpt in those situations. I routinely try adding 1 gpt to deals, so I am confident about that.

IE washington will give me 7gpt for my silver.....he will also give me 7gpt+ embassy for my silver. but will not give me 8gpt

and though i cant prove it i would posit given the AIs focus on gold/gold production,though it may assign a 1 gpt value to an embassy it does not value it as high as 1 actual gpt. I could be wrong

Well that is costing you 1 gpt right there. And you can sell OB multiple times since it expires after 30 turns (unlike embassy).

not selling OB does not cost me my gain from selling emabassies,and for me the 1gpt does not outweigh the downside of having other civs units especially settlers/missionaries running freely through my land and giving them a tourism bonus.i want their borders open not the other way around.

OB also comes much later at CS than embassies do at writing.so i dont value that 1gpt the same way i do from the 1gpt available much earlier.30 gold just isnt that big of a deal by CS when i have markets up ,it only represents a turn or two of gold production instead of 10-15 turns worth earlier.in fact selling my embassy early is usually the only reason i have a decent positive cash flow while connecting the first few luxes and expos

My earlier point was that getting a free embassy from a lux4lux deal is probably a once per civ opportunity, twice if you are very lucky. You are making my case for me!

Im hardly making your case,Im not saying i dont get AIs embassies,im saying i rarely if ever "pay"for them so selling my embassies to them regardless of the amount is pure profit.

Even without the DOF and RA, I think the embassy is much more valuable than 30 gold. It could easily be the difference between a DOW or not. Or a DOW being bribable. Just off the top of my head, there is all the friend-of-friend diplo dynamics. Like I said before, I think you have been handicapping yourself! I can only speculate that you do not have a sense of the usual pace and rhythms of the game. Not that there is anything wrong with domination, and that is the play style where many (most?) gamers end up, but are you already bored with Deity? Or did you just never get there?

Not bored at all,but i tend to find completely peaceful games very boring.

Again i agree having our embassy in their capital can be helpful,but it is quite honestly rarely that big of a difference maker,and if it is it doesnt always have to cost you something.

Top Bottom