Dynamic Civilization Names

It would probably make the Civ display pane too large.

Is there any way to get dynamic names to show up on the scoreboard instead of leader names or civilization names? IE Seeing "Kingdom of Rome" or whatever on the scoreboard, without having to mouse over it or anything.

All things are possible. Just to clarify a bit, next Revolutions version will be driven by the BUG interface. In that interface, you can choose whether you want just the leader name, just the civilization name or both. What you want is the dynamic civ name as another option yes?

As it is under BUG:
Charlemagne/Holy Rome or Charlemagne or Holy Rome
Hatshepsut/Egypt or Hatshepsut or Egypt

What you want is:
Empire of Holy Rome as well as other options
Egyptian rebels as well as other options

Correct?
Cheers.

I have a question about the unique kinds of renaming, specific to particular civilizations. Is there any easy way to turn that off, and force all civs to use generic renaming?

In the meantime, would it be too much trouble to ask which sections of the python I could comment out to get rid of those civ-specific renamings?

Why does the Sumerians given the name Sulatanate?
Sultanate is a unique Ottoman name.
Sumeria, Babylonia and Persia have been kingdoms through all their history, and there is no reason to change that.

BTW, what happens if the Holy Roman Empire adopts Theocracy? Holy Holy Roman Empire? :confused:
I also had a game when the Romans turned into the Holy Kingdom of Rome, and bordered the Holy Roman Kingdom... :lol:
So isn't there a possibility to change the name given to Theocratic states?
Maybe Hindu Kingdom of Rome or someting like that?

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to get dynamic civ names? I really want them for my civ games, but i dont know how to go about downloading/patching/whatever it is you do to get it?
Thanks

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to get dynamic civ names? I really want them for my civ games, but i dont know how to go about downloading/patching/whatever it is you do to get it?
Thanks
You'll need to download RevolutionDCM, which contains this.

Top Bottom