Hulfgar's Modpack

Damn CTD again, really tough one to find this bug.

Were at war with Egypt, were moving a unit close to his capitol and then CTD.

Ren era again... seems to only be happening around med->ren change.
Could it be an improvement like a great scientist made one or something like that?

Log after crash in the same turn, after 4 reload

In Database.log
[858.140] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[858.140] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[858.140] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[859.390] Failed Validation.

In xml.log
[858.125] **** Validating Game Database *****
[859.390] Performing Localization Checks
[859.390] Checking Tag Format...
[859.390] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[859.390] In table Language_en_US...
[859.390] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.390] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.406] In table Language_FR_FR...
[859.406] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.406] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.421] In table Language_DE_DE...
[859.421] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.421] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.437] In table Language_IT_IT...
[859.437] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.437] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.453] In table Language_ES_ES...
[859.453] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.453] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.484] In table Language_PL_PL...
[859.484] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PANGAI-HIHIFO) contains invalid character (-)
[859.484] Tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOFOA-KOLOUA) contains invalid character (-)
[859.500] Validating UnitGameplay
[859.500] Number of selection sounds doesn't match number of units.
[859.500] Validating Notifications
[859.500] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[859.500] Validation Took 1.386294 seconds
[860.078] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[860.078] **** Validation Success *****
[860.078] SetGlobalActionInfo
[860.078]

I hope it could help for debug.

Seems like there are 3 bugs there: - Landmark, a city name & Sounds for units.

Those errors in the logs also appear when playing vanilla.

Last time, I also had sudden crashes when simply building a mine or doing whatever during a longer session. The game itself is still not that stable, so it's not necessarily always a mod bug.
If you can reproduce a crash by repeating certain actions then provide a saved game with notes of every used mod.

Those errors in the logs also appear when playing vanilla.

Last time, I also had sudden crashes when simply building a mine or doing whatever during a longer session. The game itself is still not that stable, so it's not necessarily always a mod bug.
If you can reproduce a crash by repeating certain actions then provide a saved game with notes of every used mod.

I do not have these CTDs in any other mod or vanilla version, so its def a bug in the mod.
And its always around med-ren era when moving a unit into unkonwn territory of an other player.

I never find timber on the map , i must create i with specific building (+3 timber), why ?

Thanks a lot

hello back after 3 days off :)

I never find timber on the map , i must create i with specific building (+3 timber), why ?

Because Timber is generated by the lumberjack's hut whithout a resource as prereq.

It's not perfect but at this time it's the best solution I have found :

I've tried to make the game handle it like coal or oil but the spreading on the map was to scarce to be usefull.

I would like to have it as an output from lumbermills (at least that would limit timber to cities with forest tiles) but it is not possible with XML. Perhaps with LUA coding but I can't do that (If somebody can it would be welcome).

So the only solution I have found was to creat a new building that can generate timber.

Thanks for the crash log Dasvidania and thanks Mentos for the explanation.

Any help is welcome, I would really get rid of this crashes to move further int the mod.

What has been touched in my mod is :
units (stats, new units, graphics)
buildings with some resource generation
new resources
new promotions
new techs

I do not have these CTDs in any other mod or vanilla version, so its def a bug in the mod.
And its always around med-ren era when moving a unit into unkonwn territory of an other player.

I agree Royco there is definitely a bug in the mod, I am still checking all the xml files and how they are bound together. I have found some minor bugs but nothing that seems to cause the CTD at this point :(

:goodjob: Nice mod! Noticed a couple small problems:

1. Frankish Warriors don't upgrade (playing as Germans)

2. Aqueducts only seem to provide maybe 10% food carry over (not 40%)

Thx Johnjohn,

Patch 1 is ready to download to correct those 2 issues see at the end of the 1st post from this thread.

With this patch the impi, the celtic warrior and the frankish warrior now upgrade to longswordsman.

Aqueduct, Hospital and Med lab are back to their vanilla values.

This should be compatible with saved games but in case of you should backup ver4.2 files if you have not finished your current game.

Hi Hulfgar,

Have you fixed the bug with Tech Tree ?
Example in attachment:

I am plaing the latest version. Only one mod is installed.

In Database.log
[6178.294] constraint failed
[6178.294] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[6194.160] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[6195.766] Passed Validation.

Attachments

• Bug TECH_TREE.jpg
    Bug TECH_TREE.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 160
Hi,
Save game in attachments:

Attachments

• AjoMajo.rar
    792.2 KB · Views: 80
when i start a game using this mood it crashes and d:\buildagent\work\78d759db3ad93b0\main\...\FArray.h Line:149 Expression: i < ARRAY_SIZE appears on the screen. can you fix this as this mod is one of the best mods i have seen and i realy want it to work

Hello KingKeziah,

I will look into this.

Does this happens only with my mod ? do you have other mods enabled ?

yes i have about 25 other moods running however i have routed out any moods that were uncompilable. i have solved that problem by removing the barbarians mod from your mood folder as barbarians was already running through another mood. the major issue now is the tec tree; it dose not work in that i canon navigate it to select any research apart from the first two eras as thows are already visible on the screen, to make things worse after about the 120th turn i can no longer select anything to research from the research panel on the left hand side meaning no next turn, can you fix this

Hi I played around with deactivating different parts of the mod and located the Inca and Spain files to be the source of the corrupt tech tree.... and since I do not have the DLC I guess we that do not have it get these problems.
_BDLC - IS - General
BDLC - Pol - General

NekoMende thanks for this advice.
I hope that this is the reason, because I played various games with France, England and Germany, from -4000 to 2000 and the tech tree was always working fine for me.
So right now I don't see how to fix it!

What's sure :

If you don't have DLC Inca/Spain, you need to deactivate this DLC specific content :
Open the mod's folder, go in folder DLC SPECIFIC, put an underscore before DLC SPAIN_INCA (it will look like this : "_DLC SPAIN_INCA")

If you have DLC Polynesia you need to activate this DLC specific content :
Open the mod's folder, go in folder DLC SPECIFIC, remove the underscore before DLC POLYNESIA.

Next week I will update the mod with Bernie's new units. I guess I will remove or make removable some content as well (Barbarians and TBC) because those parts seem to make the mod unstable.

Thanks for the feedback.

hey
i hope anybody can help me
all over the map have no ressource only iron

sry my english :blush:

hi Hulfgar. i have tried only running your mod but have come up with exactly the same problem with the tec tree and research panel so i know it is not an issue of compatibility with other mods. do you perhaps have a patch that you have developed for someone else who has had a similar problem?

no at this time I have no patch for it.

the reason is simple : the tech tree is not broken when I play so it is hard to fix something that does not appear to be broken :confused:

I am not saying that this is not a bug in my mod, just that at this time I don't see where is the source of the problem.

Best I can give you by now : until Friday I will release another version with the new units skins from Bernie and some features that may be a problem will be removed.

Top Bottom