Hulfgar's Modpack

you're right, it shows at the mouse after a few seconds and above the mini-map.
But I think it's from the vanilla game because I didn't touch the UI and I don't remember seeing the tooltip working an other way.

Yes, I was on the way to add more of Thal's features when I add those crashes while moving units .
I am not sure if this bug is solved but since the last games patches I feel that the mod is more stable.
So I am ready to invest more time into adding new features or working on the policies.

This will probably be for ver 8 : right now I have reworked the tech tree to give a home to the units Danrell is converting.
Some bug correction is in 7 as well, with some adds in the civilopedia and units updates/tweaks.

Good idea, I will search how to do that.

I will probably rename the trading post "villages", makes more sense.

I wanted to release ver7 with the new units but I will be off for 2 weeks starting from sunday.
So I will probably release an alpha version if someone wants to test it.

Thanks for the feedback.

my pleasure, thanks for a good mod :).
RE the sh showing maint cost of units in build screen, its in thal's mod, if that helps figure out how to do it ;).
In regards to the feedback on the tooltip, just to be clear I like the tooltip at the mouse, but the one above the mini-map is obnoxious!

Have some more feedback after a long game :).

On the list of strategic resources, Oil is not listed, while i dont think it needs to show all the time on the bar, it would be nice if we could see it in the dropdown when you mouse over the strategic resources, other than that I think i like your top UI bar more than thal's, cause it doesnt overlap crap on the right hand side :)

While this is more semantics, Nuclear Process Plant would sound better/make more sense as Nuclear Processing Plant (thought maybe it was a translation mistake?).

I was playing Arabian but was able to build the Undersea Cruiser Surcouf (should be french only from what the civilopedia says) and the Submarine Carrier I-400 (should be Jap. only).

I had researched Radar already a turn or three before i got and used a Great Scientist, when going to choose my tech, it wasn't allowing me to research Supersonic flight, and had the "Free" box showing next to Radar, even though it was already researched.

thats all I got for now :).

the showing maint cost of units in build screen, its in thal's mod, if that helps figure out how to do it .
Thanks, now I know where to look or whom to ask. Definitely on the to do list for ver 8!

In regards to the feedback on the tooltip, just to be clear I like the tooltip at the mouse, but the one above the mini-map is obnoxious!
I agreed, a change would probably involve LUA so I will have to find some help for this one. On the list for ver 8 :)

On the list of strategic resources, Oil is not listed,
I have probably too much strategic resources, the game can display only a limited number. Perhaps I can switch the Ale to another type of resource or there is a way to display all with LUA code.
I will look into this.

Nuclear Processing Plant
are you sure it was listed as this ? I have checked the txt entries and it says Nuclear Process Plant.

For the Surcouf and I-400 I am still not sure what to do with them :
First thought was to bind them to their nations.
Then I though to make them unique world units (this type of unit is in use in the Civ 4 Realism Invictus Mod). The reason is that it makes compatibility with DLCs easier, especially the ones that I don't have :)
Question is what is best : history accuracy or gameplay ?

Supersonic flight requires Tech_Rocketry and TECH_TACTICAL_AIR_POWER in ver 6 and 6.1.
It will require Rocketry and Air Warfare in ver 7.
I habe begun to put the prereq of the new techs in their help toolbox.
Someday I will have to check all the txt entries from the vanilla game to update them (already begun with some units but it is a long process!).

had the "Free" box showing next to Radar, even though it was already researched
I will look at this, I don't recall seeing this bug.

An alpha ver. 7 is online for who wants to test it.

I will be on vacations for 2 weeks starting from tomorrow, I hope there is no breaking patch in the meantime :)

On the list of strategic resources, Oil is not listed,
I have probably too much strategic resources, the game can display only a limited number. Perhaps I can switch the Ale to another type of resource or there is a way to display all with LUA code.

to clarify, I dont think you need to list it on the toolbar (where it shows all the time), just in the list when you mouse over the strat. resources in the toolbar. I would think you should be fine doing it that way (in thal's when you mouse over the strat resources on the top toolbar it lists all the map based resources, strategy and luxury in one list, personally I dont think its necessary to list the luxury ones in yours, just adding the oil would be sufficient IMO.

Nuclear Processing Plant
are you sure it was listed as this ? I have checked the txt entries and it says Nuclear Process Plant.

It is Nuclear Process plant in game, I was trying to say that Nuclear Processing Plant would sound better, again IMO, but let me clarify.

A Nuclear Process Plant, would indicate a plant that uses a/the nuclear process.
A Nuclear Processing Plant (or more accurately "Nuclear Reprocessing Plant" as I believe they are really called?) reprocesses spent fuel material.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reprocessing

Basically what I was trying to say is that Nuclear Processing would make more sense than Nuclear Process, or if you wanted to be even more accurate based on your Civilopedia description, it would be Nuclear Reprocessing Plant :).

I will be on vacations for 2 weeks starting from tomorrow, I hope there is no breaking patch in the meantime :)

I dont recall anyone giving you permissions to stop working on your mod and go slack off?????!!!!

JK!! Enjoy your vacation :)

Basically what I was trying to say is that Nuclear Processing would make more sense than Nuclear Process, or if you wanted to be even more accurate based on your Civilopedia description, it would be Nuclear Reprocessing Plant

Understood and adopted, thanks to point this out :)

I dont recall anyone giving you permissions to stop working on your mod and go slack off?????!!!!

I didn't ask for a permission, my wife gave me the order and believe me you don't want to argue with her :lol:

Enjoy your vacation

thanks I will :cool:

Im happy now.

No more freezes after v7 :king:

Im just looking fwd for more great development to this mod.

Hello, I am French and I speak little English, so I hope you understand.
I love the mod "Hulfgar Modpack's" and "[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack", but overall, I have a compatibility problem, resources are not displayed.
How to solve this problem?
Please help me, thank you

Version 7.2 is out.

You can download it here.

Main changes are :
New unit : the Cruiser less powerfull than a battleship but faster.
New tech : Modern Naval Warfare (required for Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships)
Ethnic skins for France's and England's Nuclear Carrier
Ethnic skins for Spain's light and medium tanks, infantry, paratrooper.
Ethnic skins from Danrell for most of the light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, destroyers, cruisers, battleships, paratroopers.

Now I will work on ver 8.
Planned is :

- merging from Thal's Balance Policies and Utilities (to show the maintenance cost of units) and probably other parts from Thal's Balance mods.
- merging from Naval Counterattack

eventually : Mobile Artillery and Mobile AA Guns, early tanks.

I was playing on Earth as China, Prince Difficulty, Quick Speed, and as soon as I pressed the button to load the map, it came up with an error message :(

I had it loaded with Build Cities Within 2 Tiles and Not Another City-States Mod.

Great Job, by the way. :goodjob:

EDIT: Just tried the same thing as France, and got the same error message. :(

After the error message, there is a CTD

Hello HardRocker,

Did you try whithout any other mod ?
I've changed so many things (resources, tech tree, units) that compatibility with others mods is a real problem.

Do you have the Inca/Spain DLC ?

Hello HardRocker,

Did you try whithout any other mod ?
I've changed so many things (resources, tech tree, units) that compatibility with others mods is a real problem.

Do you have the Inca/Spain DLC ?

No I did not try without other mods, I will do that now.

No I do not have any DLC, unfortunately. No money in the budget :(.

Love community mods though, especially yours ;).

I unchecked Build Cities Within 2 Tiles (it was incompatible, apparently) because it worked. Great mod! Was very glad I found the problem. Does Hulfgar's Modpack7.2 (v7) modify the GlobalDefines.lua? That would explain the problem because that is the only file the mod changes.

Hello HardRocker,

glad you could run the mod finally :)

for the Spain DLC no problem, I asked because this DLC content is activated per default.
If you don't have it you should deactivate the Spain/Inca folder to avoid possible crashes :

Open the mod's folder, go in folder DLC SPECIFIC, put an underscore before DLC SPAIN_INCA (it will look like this : "_DLC SPAIN_INCA").

Does Hulfgar's Modpack7.2 (v7) modify the GlobalDefines.lua? That would explain the problem because that is the only file the mod changes.

No it doesn't but maybe some lua codes in other files are incompatible with those in GlobalDefines.lua.
The problem is that I am not familiar with lua : all the lua codes are from other modders, so finding a conflict is a hard if not impossible task for me :rolleyes:

At this stage of the mod I could really use the help of somebody with lua knowledge !

Love community mods though, especially yours
Thanks always nice to hear :)

At this stage of the mod I could really use the help of somebody with lua knowledge !

I would love to help, but I know very little about Lua myself :(.

I love the progress you've made with your modpack. I will disable the Spain/Inca DLC so I can play without the risk of a CTD.

Thanks for the input, Hulfgar.

Merci et au revoir, HardRocker. ;)

Hi, I loved an earlier version. I downloaded 7.2. I deleted the old one and it did not install properly. I read older posts and tried the clearing the cache fix. It acted like it installed (in mod manager showed the installing files). When I looked in the Mod folder, there was no Hulfgar folder. Any suggestions are appreciated?!

Hello CCC,

this sounds strange, I don't see any reason why the installation would fail.

I can suggest you this :

1- download the file again in case of the 1. donwload was corrupt for any reason.
before installing delete the old version and clear the cache, then install.

2- If this doesn't work 2 possibilities :

a - I make a zip version of my mod folder and put it to donwload, after this you just have to unzip it in your mod folder.
b- or you wait 2 days for the release of ver8, this will include mobile artillery and mobile aa guns, ethnics units for the iroquois in the WW2 era, probably early tanks as well.

Just tell me what you try, if it works and what I can do for you :)

Hulfgar

BUG WARNING

Ver 7.2 has a bug in the Spain file, if you want to use this civ download the patch here and overwrite the file in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack7.2 (v 7)\DLC SPECIFIC\DLC SPAIN_INCA.

This should be compatible with saved games.

Sorry for the inconvenience :blush:

Hi Hulfgar,
great mod but i have troubles with my recources - the special buildings dont produce strategic resources - for example the steel mill takes the iron but doesnt produce steel and so on ... i have no other mod activated :confused: any solution or idea? thx :goodjob:

Top Bottom