SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

^ That is right. ;)

Okay, in stone city, we will finish spy as it times so well with galley arrival in silver city. GLib arrives in three turns, so are the units. T115 really is a beginning turn for anarchy period.

Theoritically, Music is ours in four turns if we maintain our slider up.

Oh wait, this is making no sense, we want Music before the AI, unless we want to trap the AI into teching a bit Music, then we obtain the tech to slow them down to Liberalism.

Do not trade Aesthetics for a pathetic 25 gold. This can give a diplo hit. DO NOT TRADE WITH EAST OR SOUTH WITCHES!

We have no diplo hit! Too late.

I know you can be agressive at some moment, but I read well each post at this moment. This opinion is coming too late, unfortunately. Nonetheless, I like the fact you are opposing. It is not like there is one true path. We probably get some partial diplo hit, but no integer.

Oh wait, this is making no sense, we want Music before the AI, unless we want to trap the AI into teching a bit Music, then we obtain the tech to slow them down to Liberalism.

Huh? We want Music for the GArtist for the Golden Age. The AI are off the Liberalism path because of us getting and hoarding Philosophy.

Do not trade Aesthetics for a pathetic 25 gold. This can give a diplo hit. DO NOT TRADE WITH EAST OR SOUTH WITCHES!

East was nearly finished Aesthetics, so there was probably not much risk of penalties with other AIs. I do agree that we don't want to trade with East or South on a whim - or much at all until the Worst Enemy matrix changes..

Huh? We want Music for the GArtist for the Golden Age. The AI are off the Liberalism path because of us getting and hoarding Philosophy.

I saw how fast they are teching and I fear, that is all.
I know having a monopoly on philo is a big plus for us, but tricking the AI to let them think they can have Music will slow down at least one. And if it is a AI we can't spy their research, we just let tech it for 1-2 turns before getting it.

Of course, if you wish letting Music as a good trade bait, I don't mind too.

good luck Tachy, I'm going to bed. I defer to shulec in all matters regarding begging.

Good night bcool.
Okay, I will wisely wait at least 60 gold to beg. I suppose for 60, I beg 50 to avoid "ruining" the AI.

Right shulec? Hullo.

How many AI's are pleased with 3 visible diplo integers. They are on top score board...this is to consider too.

East was nearly finished Aesthetics, so there was probably not much risk of penalties with other AIs. I do agree that we don't want to trade with East or South on a whim - or much at all until the Worst Enemy matrix changes..

Do you have code info or other data to back this up? I don't can't find any predictability of when there will be a diplo hit or not. So if we keep taking these chances, we will get burned. And we took a chance for 25 gold? I think that is a poor decision.

Regarding our 10 EP directed towards Northern Witches. Do we maintain that target 100%. I am about to complete a turn.

Never mind.

----------------------------------------------------------

Fake Ganshi is clearly a better techer than fake Monty.
When Monty began on Literature, his tech time was 7 turns.
Adding Gandhi, it turned out 2 turns. Ouch!
Music is endangered.

We already have a diplo hit for -1 from both Monty and Gandhi. I assume this is coming from out resource gifts to Asoka and Ragnar. I agree we need to cancel these gifts and be more careful to not get more diplo hits

We already have a diplo hit for -1 from both Monty and Gandhi. I assume this is coming from out resource gifts to Asoka and Ragnar. I agree we need to cancel these gifts and be more careful to not get more diplo hits

shulec
, are ignoring me on purpose? I need your advice on one my post earlier.
I am really racked, so please, do me this favor.

Okay, I will wisely wait at least 60 gold to beg. I suppose for 60, I beg 50 to avoid "ruining" the AI.

Does someone that we are pleased with have 60 gold? Then yes, I recommend begging for 50 from them.

i am out!

Fake Ragnar/Wicked Witch of the East has now Spices. By cancelling free pigs and then make the trade we liberate our spices for trade. Nonetheless, I am bit against it but it is a suggestion.

Where are all the barbs in the hub, I did encounter any. That behavious is similar to Archipelago map.

If you are patient, shulec, you will see the end of my turn-set, more or less at least. I don't know yet if I have to complete T115. That is okay, shulec.

My turn-set is virtually finished. I don't mind playing the rest of T115, but I assure it won't happen in exactly 24 hours given it is saturday.

The save I uploaded is a rough. Many things like build and I think a tile from a grown pop aren't well ajusted. It is a rough save that only permits you to visualize the progressing. Now, I really have to sleep and retrieve some ponctualities in my life.

Only thing I can say for the moment, Witches of the East got a hold of Metal Casting (where? trade I suppose) and are willing to trade it away. Unfortunately, we have to trade in return for the moment.

See you.

Reference number: 11276
Game: C-IV SGOTM 14
Your team: Kakumeika
Your name: Tachywaxon
Date submitted: 2011-10-29
Software Version: BtS 3.19
Game date: 1AD
Player race: America
Firaxis score: 674
Session time played (hh:mm:ss): 02:39:42
Total time played (hh:mm:ss): 24:24:18
Game status: Incomplete
Submitted save: Kakumeika\'s SGOTM14 - Beginning of T115.CivBeyondSwordSave
Renamed file: Kakumeika_SG014_AD0001_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

Right click the Renamed File link above to copy it.
You can then paste it into your team post as the download link for the next player.
News Update: The Wizard of Oz is still alive

Here is your Session Turn Log from 100 BC to 1 AD:

Turn 111, 100 BC: You have discovered Currency!
Turn 111, 100 BC: You have trained a Settler in Stone City. Work has now begun on a Spy.
Turn 111, 100 BC: Confucianism has spread in GP Farm.

Turn 112, 75 BC: You have discovered Monotheism!
Turn 112, 75 BC: You have discovered Construction!
Turn 112, 75 BC: Confucianism has spread in Culture Bridge.
Turn 112, 75 BC: Good Witch of the West converts to Christianity!
Turn 112, 75 BC: Good Witch of the West has completed The Statue of Zeus!

Turn 113, 50 BC: Wicked Witch of the South has 70 gold available for trade.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Wicked Witch of the East will trade Spices
Turn 113, 50 BC: New York has been founded.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Washington will grow to size 10 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Wicked Witch of the West has founded Tlaxcala in a distant land.

Turn 114, 25 BC: Washington has grown to size 10.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Isengard.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Isengard will grow to size 7 on the next turn.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Marble City will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Dorothy has completed The Great Library!
Turn 114, 25 BC: You have constructed The Great Library in GP Farm. Work has now begun on a Spy.
Turn 114, 25 BC: You have trained a Axeman in Isengard. Work has now begun on a Spearman.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Hypatia (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 115, 1 AD: Isengard has grown to size 7.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Marble City has grown to size 2.
Turn 115, 1 AD: The borders of Washington are about to expand.
Turn 115, 1 AD: The borders of GP Farm are about to expand.
Turn 115, 1 AD: The borders of Phants City are about to expand.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Wicked Witch of the West will trade Metal Casting
Turn 115, 1 AD: Good Witch of the West will trade Metal Casting

Well done Tachy, that was a complex turn set!

Some observations on the current game position at start T115:
  • most cities are building Wealth, some having just finished other builds. We can run at about 50% and finish Music in 2 turns, so we should build less Wealth and do more important things, like a NEpic in GPfarm and some lighthouses in our coastal cities. It is inconceivable that the AIs can tech Music in one turn, so we are not in such a hurry we should be giving up on important builds
  • we do have a "-1 you traded with our worst enemy" penalty on the western witches
  • both southern and western witches have MC (but not East, unlike what Tachy has said)
  • both northern and west witches just finished researching a tech, so we do not know what they have started yet
  • eastern witches are about to finish HBR
  • we have two other spies and our missionary in position to move to Trojan Horse. James Bond still has only 30% fortification bonus.
  • we have started to improve ivory and some calendar resources - but we should stop improving the incense and do something else, because the incense takes twice as long to build on desert
  • we have spent five worker turns building roads to Trojan Horse that we don't need for our spy travel Edit: duh, yes we do want one of them because a spy unit has only one movement point. Somehow I thought they had two
  • our galley is still in Silver City

Do you have code info or other data to back this up? I don't can't find any predictability of when there will be a diplo hit or not. So if we keep taking these chances, we will get burned. And we took a chance for 25 gold? I think that is a poor decision.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8697068&postcount=218 shows that getEnemyPeacetimeTradeValue is the relevant quantity. This is updated after trades with the difference in value of the trade. So a nearly-finished tech for a small amount of cash will change this value by only a small amount.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8697068&postcount=218 shows that getEnemyPeacetimeTradeValue is the relevant quantity. This is updated after trades with the difference in value of the trade. So a nearly-finished tech for a small amount of cash will change this value by only a small amount.

Thank you for the link.;) As usual, I can't make heads or tails of it. The posting group seemed to be in agreement on the conclusions they came to. As I understood it, these are the factors that affect diplo hits on equivalent trades.

The fewer turns you know an AI, the more likely you are to get a diplo hit.
The more beakers that are being traded, the more likely you are to get a diplo hit.

Therefore, it appears that there is high risk associated with trading with a partner just met (for example, AI met once caravels reach a distant continent.) There is also high risk associated later techs since they cost more beakers.

It would also be my understanding that this only applies to equivalent trades.

Even knowing this, I am likely to oppose any equivalent trade to someone with worst emenies. But there are always situations where exeptions should be made. Hopefully, this will help everyone else too!

Top Bottom