Your thoughts on Germany vs Japan?

German has a good hanse which could get you more gold. With it, you can purchase universities and science buildings that can give you rresearch for its late uu, the panzer. With autocracy or order, panzers could benefit.
Japan has samurai which can build workboats offshore. That to me its kind of late food because the universities and libraries would have used a work boat in more primitive eras. Their atoll bonuses could be useful in water maps. The zero fighter is awesome but i didnt really get to see them that much in action to see their difference.
When it comes to research, Germany could be better because of its hanse that gets gold to fund science and get to late uu earlier.

Japan.

You're forgetting that the Samurai can build fishing boats which is totally OP.

They're like legions which can build roads. Most military units can't make an improvement at all.

According to the mainstream community, however, for every 1 hit point lost, the damage output of the unit is lowered by 0.5%. Therefore a unit that has 1 hit point remaining will only deal 51% of its damage when it is fully healthy.

Source

In other word, Japan's UA 1HP unit do double damage, and the damage will be in less ratio as the HP is more. So send a lot of 10 HP into the front line would be the best way to use first part of Japan's UA.

Sarcasm. It's hard to convey through text alone.

Sarcasm mark is a real thing, but it is rarely used and not widely understood.

It is really hard to do that with text alone, I have no idea how it will be represented. /sarcasm

According to the mainstream community, however, for every 1 hit point lost, the damage output of the unit is lowered by 0.5%. Therefore a unit that has 1 hit point remaining will only deal 51% of its damage when it is fully healthy.

In BNW maximum penalty for wounded unit is 33% not 50% like in vanilla version. :)

I agree, the English are very good as a medieval civ, the longbow's 3 tile range makes it really useful when attacking other ranged units or cities. I think the Huns are pretty good for expanding early on also. Their ability is very good, as you start with a free tech, and you can raze cities at 2x the speed, keeping happiness up. The horse archer is great for hit and run which is nice when attacking units, and the battering ram is great against other cities. Only problem with them is you really have to get most of your attacks against other civs done really early on in the game, which can be difficult due to not having revealed the entire map and keeping up GPT with a large army.

During pre-logistic hun horse archer you have to be really careful sounds like hit and run to me. Careless invaders could lose their horse archers to spearmen or horsemen maybe?

If you can conquer you continent early and roll 6-7 cities you are going to crush the others with your Hanse production. As bad as Germany is I have had some monster games with them on continents.

Most puppets build gold buildings automatically to generate great merchants and be able to purchase courthouses for them. Since hanse are unique here that could be an advantage.

Yeah Japan are definitely inferior to Germany here. Where I would say that Japan does well is that it makes it a lot easier for you to defend yourself against aggressive neigbours or if your empire is overextended.
Other than that it's not really that gamechanging.

Samurai building boats is pretty nice perk, I usually wont even construct fishing boats unless I needed the lux.

I guess you could save some work boat production with samurai but if you made cities in the ancient era and need the luxuries early then samurai won't be there too soon.

Top Bottom