Futuristic Tank Model - [Animated]

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
This is a simple modification of Sharick's model. It's animated, you can't see the animation on the screeshot so you have to donwload it if you want to see the big explosion that it does whent it attack.

Attachments

• tankfutur.jpg
    tankfutur.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,331
  • futuristic.zip
    200.8 KB · Views: 799
C.Roland said:
It's animated, you can't see the animation on the screeshot so you have to donwload it if you want to see the big explosion that it does whent it attack.
Or you could just post an "action shot" screeny :joke: Another great one Roland.

Wow - looks great, and it's exactly what I needed.

You wouldn't happen to have a nice button image for this beauty, would you?

I downloaded this and tried to put it into a mod I am making and the tread came out all pink. :S

I noticed the filenames are all modern armor... and such so I renamed them to future armor and made the neccesary entries in the units file and art defines file and as I said above the tread is pink and when I try to spawn one of these tanks in game it locks up the game... :S

Am I doing something wrong?

Did the game lock up before you renamed the files? In any case, I suggest leaving the files as they are in the zip, cause these are known to be working (in most cases ;)), also make sure you have the "treads.dds" file in the same folder as the unit, better yet makes sure that you got all the textures from the zip. (pink units means they can't find the textures)

Rabbit said:
Did the game lock up before you renamed the files? In any case, I suggest leaving the files as they are in the zip, cause these are known to be working (in most cases ;)), also make sure you have the "treads.dds" file in the same folder as the unit, better yet makes sure that you got all the textures from the zip. (pink units means they can't find the textures)

Thanks Rabbit... I actually found another topic which explains how to add new graphics... It explained more or less the same thing I had done with the exception of the renaming of files... that's what caused the problem. :p

Suffice it to say I have deleted the renamed files and re-extracted the files from the zip and did it this time by only renaming the folder they were in and it works perfectly. ;)

It would have been a shame if I couldn't get it to work since a futuristic tank was one of the few things I need for the mod I am making. :D

Great Unit again C.ROLAND, but I have a question about your Submarine unit, it seems to move backwards, was there a problem with that unit, if not could you tell me why its doing that.

Regards

:
Riker13 said:
Great Unit again C.ROLAND, but I have a question about your Submarine unit, it seems to move backwards, was there a problem with that unit, if not could you tell me why its doing that.

Regards
:confused: I don't know, I'll check this.

My submarine war one of my first unit and it's not animated.

@C.Roland - how did you do it? In SceneViewer? Does it really move or you just attached explosion effect? If so how did you make it work only when attack?
I'm really confused because I didn't make any bones for this model and I though this stuff is only possible in 3dsmax.
Anyway good job.

sharick said:
@C.Roland - how did you do it? In SceneViewer? Does it really move or you just attached explosion effect? If so how did you make it work only when attack?
I'm really confused because I didn't make any bones for this model and I though this stuff is only possible in 3dsmax.
Anyway good job.

I Simply put your model over the modern armor bone in the nif viewer.

I found that with some tweaking in sceneviewer, i could hide the tracks, and return this to being a true hover tank.

Ps. im just starting out with this unit editing stuff, and i wondered if there was a way to export a unit, or part of a unit into 3ds max.

keep up the good work

Attachments

• hover_tank.zip
    200.8 KB · Views: 95
piemonkey said:
I found that with some tweaking in sceneviewer, i could hide the tracks, and return this to being a true hover tank.

Ps. im just starting out with this unit editing stuff, and i wondered if there was a way to export a unit, or part of a unit into 3ds max.

keep up the good work
Hehe that's a very cool idea turning it into a hover tank. :thumbsup:

There is no way to import units from civ4 into 3ds max. However, the folks at Firaxis provided 3 complete models with their 3ds max tutorial that can be used as a starting point for your own stuff.

Rabbit said:
There is no way to import units from civ4 into 3ds max. However, the folks at Firaxis provided 3 complete models with their 3ds max tutorial that can be used as a starting point for your own stuff.

The Meshes (and bones) can be imported from the Nifs into blender. from there you can export them into 3ds max. But unfortunateley on export the bones make problems. Maybe it works when using a third party file format.

piemonkey said:

keep up the good work

Yeah it possible, if you let me some time, i'll do it.

Top Bottom