Civ4 - Looking for one new player : team setup.

Tyrghen

Warlord
Hello,

I'm looking for a player to start a pitboss game. I'm more after an unexperienced player (so we'll be two ;) )

The setup would be this :
Map Size : Standart
Mad Type : ????
Sea Level : Low
Era : Ancient
Our team on Noble difficulty
6 AI Civs at Settler difficulty (giving them fast building and research!)

Special rules :
Aggressive AI

To discuss :
No tech trading (if we have raging barbs... we need to limit the AIs a little)
Raging barbs (you can count on 1-2 barbs appearing each turns)

My choice for a leader : Gandhi or Napoleon if we have raging barbs.

See you soon!

Whyever would you want to play with AI. It is sooo much more fun to play with all humans that it is not funny....

Well, probably because I don't know Civ4 well enough yet. I started playing it only this year and I don't have as much time as I used to have.
I made like 3 full games on noble (one of them I got crushed hard!) and 2 on warlord (or whatever is below noble).
But I think it's funnier to learn with someone as lost as me :p than alone.
Plus... there's more in two heads than in one!

Competing players is just the next stage. I just don't feel like going the SP route in a MP world ;)

Playing against humans makes you learn so much faster than you ever can against the AI. Make it all human and you will learn from this game much faster than you would have with just the AI. If you want to learn against the Ai then put up a Succession game since it will mean that you will be able to get other people who are just as bad as you wanting to learn the game. You can always have an experienced player join as mentor if you want to learn that way.

When AIs are in settler and you are in noble, they research and build much faster, adding raging barb to that is challenging :)
Well, at least at my level of knowledge of the game.

To CH :
Well, thing is, if I host the game and got ripped apart fast, no point, it would just be cluttering my disk :) And there is few chances my competitors will tell me what to do to beat them :lol:
Regarding succession game, it requires emailing and all that, which I want to avoid. Pitboss is way easier and smoother than PBEM in my opinion.

When AIs are in settler and you are in noble, they research and build much faster, adding raging barb to that is challenging :)
Well, at least at my level of knowledge of the game.

To CH :
Well, thing is, if I host the game and got ripped apart fast, no point, it would just be cluttering my disk :) And there is few chances my competitors will tell me what to do to beat them :lol:
Regarding succession game, it requires emailing and all that, which I want to avoid. Pitboss is way easier and smoother than PBEM in my opinion.

He wasn't talking about pebm but sg's which is basically solo play one after another..

Given that US say that setting the AI to settler make the game harder i assume this means they get deity style bonuses... Don't think this is something you should play if you can hardly beat noble.. They are still AI though so would still act stupid but since they do so with overpowering bonuses it might just work.

Personally if you want to learn the game i would advice just getting specific advice for specific games as well as reading several of the threads in the strategy and tips as well as some strategy articles. Playing a game with such weird settings right off the bat might be rather strange... Another option is as CH recomends to start a small sized(5-8 players) game(that way you can more often than not get in 2 turns per day and hence have the game progress way faster), talking with people in the game often help quite alot ot develop as a player and alot of people don't mind sharing. It is not fun to beat upon archers with cavs each and every game after all... Teaching your opponents so they get better so you can enjoy the game more through more competition is a major part of the game for me.

Top Bottom