Welcome New Members

Therat: Where is SGs website and what does SG stand for? I am new and have not seen this before.

Thanks for the info. :)

I started on Civ 1-played Civ 2 some-lots of Civ 3-like others was looking for info on Civ 3 and stumbled on this site-and the oncoming #4-I started playing war games in-oh the mid 60's-I was quite comfortable with the old unit designations in Civ 1-I thought the animated figures in Civ 2 were kind of goofy-but I've taken to looking at it like a game of miniatures -also as I have lots of tactical playing time I always used combined arms-even in Civ 1-I had no idea what a stack of doom was-it's more fun to me to play that way-after seeing all the things on this site I feel like I have lots to do in Civ 3 still-I'm 53 and live on the Oregon coast-hence "on the beach". I'm a tech director for a performing arts center and a free lance lighting designer-I've never done chatroom stuff at all-am having a blast on this site.:cool: :crazyeye:

Hey All,
I have been civving since the old civ 1 days. I learned that civIV was coming out at wal-mart of all places. I rushed home and started lapping up all the info I could get. I have been lurking here for a while, and just decided to join.
I am 22, a college student, and am about to crap my pants, I am so excited for the game to come out. :D

I never played Civ 1, but Civ 2 almost flunked me out of college. Civ 3 had a similar adverse affect during grad school.

I heard about Civ 4 about 4-5 months ago. My first screen shot was that snowy terrain with 4 warriors grouped together. Not much for sure, but it was enough to make me drool all over. Been lurking this site for sometime scouring for info before decided to join up last month or so.

Click click the days count down;
Newbie posters come to town;
Civ 4 will overwhelm us all,
And playing it, be our downfall;
So take a breath, come up for air:
Post in OT, your opinions to declare;
In any case, no matter what you do,
The welcome mat is out for you.

OT is the "off topic" forum. It's an edgy community to discuss all the things not discussed elsewhere at CFC. As a special bonus between now and the end of the year all new OT posters will get an increased pc every time they contibute to a thread! We had to twist TF's arm to get it this special arrangement, so be sure to take advantage of it while you can. Remember any thread earns this pc reward. Post today! :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Well, for many reasons I won't post my real name or location... but I've been hanging around CivFanatics for about a month now. I found it by accident, searching to see if Civ4 happened to have a demo out. Somehow a search for "Civ 4 demo" or something like that came up with this site, and i've been heckling everyone with my presence ever since.

I've been playing Civ3 off and on ever since i started working at EBGames and a customer talked me into it. I also play (primarily) Final Fantasy 11, and a few XBox games... currently desperately waiting on XBox 360, and Civ 4.

While I work at EBGames, I feel I should take a moment to emphasize that on these forums I do NOT represent EBGames, nor do they endorse my posts or opinions. I do not, and will not, offer any inside info that is not publicly available by walking into my store and asking. Any mistakes in my posts are my mistakes, and not those of my employer.

Hey all, new to civfanatics, got to love the active community you've all put together.
A little about myself and my civ addiction....

Im a 32 year old new father of a beautiful baby girl. My family and I live in Surrey, British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada.

I play all types of games in my free time, currently Pirates and COD:UO.

I've played all the civ titles since a friend introduced me to Civilization on his old 386 ( or was it a 286!?!!?). I never did play the Civ3 multiplayer, but am looking forward to checking that out this time around, hopefully I'll see you all for a match or two.

Welcome to all the new members. I hope I get to meet some of you around the forums and in the chatroom. I already met a few of you there!

Lookout for a Game of Democracy (demogame for short) forum here a couple of months after the game is released - it's where a group of people play a game of Civ where everyone decides what to do next (a democracy!). A Civ3 example (ongoing) is here.

I started playing Civ2 when I was 6 or 7, and have been hooked ever since. :)

Good morning to you all. I appear to be like most civvers in that i have been knocking about on the site for a while and finally decided to join, 2 reasons because i could respond to what i was reading and because there doesn't appear to be to many people from the UK and i felt you all needed to know that we do play the game in the UK!

I originally played Civ 2 back in those heady days when global warming wasn't even discovered and in the UK we had those dreaded month long bouts of rain that you all hear about and means people like me spend 9 months of the year playing civ. How things have changed in 10/15 years, not only do we have a new game of civ to play in 13 days but also the weather in the Uk is markedly improved, there now only week long bouts of rain and the sun appears a little more often. Yes, as you have all guessed i'm one of those moaning english weather men!

Anyway, i'm totally looking forward to playing this game and have been reading about it for far to long now. It seems to be totally different with a touch of previous and i'm hoping i fall right back into the trap with a couple of sick days thrown in also!

Have fun on your release dates fellow civ holics!

Hiya everybody

Pretty much the same as lots of people, CIV I was the first game i became addicted to... and it went on with the sequels.
One day this spring I was fantasizing avout a CIV4 and stumbled upon CF as it wa ust after the E3, confirming the release of CIV4...
And since a month I come drooling over shis site 8 times a day, I cant wait as much as anybody!!

Great site BTW

Started playing civ 1 when I was six years old. Eleven years later still a civ fanatic. :D

Forgot to say i have been lurking through this site for 4 years.

Hello everyone!

My best compliments to a wonderful site and forum. :thumbsup:

I've been lurking around here for quite some time now, since I've been a Civaholic for a few years. When I first started playing Civ (2) I couldn't have been older than 9, perhaps 10 years since I today am no older than 15. I first discovered CivFanatics maybe a year ago through a link at some other site, I believe it was civ3.com. Why I haven't joined as a member earlier remains a mystery though...

Hi, I'm Mark first played Civ in March, 1994 and haven't stopped. I'm a little bummed that I'll have to buy a new computer for the Civ IV, but c'est la vie. I decided to come in here because I'm looking for some real time groups in Boston. My uncle, who owns a granite and marble company and was also a Civer until his wife forbade him from playing, told me about a couple in Indianapolis that came to his shop looking for a granite desktop to be made that could accomodate their games.

If anyone knows of a Boston/Cambridge group or a website to connect us degenerates, let me know.

Welcome all new members !

I started to play civ1 back in 1993, IIRC. I spent months playing every game on Despot because I had no instruction manual and did not know you could turn your citizen into entertainers, making regime changes very difficult :lol: Still I had a blast.
Then I switched to civ2, with a manual ;) and realized this game was even better than I thought ! Democracy ! :woohoo:
And Civ3 was heavily expected. I even had the animated screensaver when barbarians roam the land and unsucessfully attack Washington on my professional laptop, and everybody thought I was playing games. :)
I played my last Civ3 game last week. Right now I don't see the point of starting a new game when Civ4 will be here really soon !

I know for sure I converted 2 people to civ. One almost flunked college because of that :)

Welcome everyone. :)

Nice to see an intro thread in the Civ forum FINALLY. ;)

Oh, and to introduce myself, I'm just a guy you'll see around...that's about it. :)

Top Bottom