Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

Nice, can't wait!
If you need some help with the art and such just tell me :)

Thanks, I first had trouble with finding any kind of visual representation of a Bogomil priest/monk, but I can use a hooded monk.
About the other suggestion, whenever I search Djed, I get Santa lol. Although that makes sense. Unfortunately there's no image of an actual Djed priest.
If you happen to know another non-combat unique unit suggestion, please tell me. If not, that's not a big deal, I can still make a Bogomil icon using the aforementioned "method".

Thanks, I first had trouble with finding any kind of visual representation of a Bogomil priest/monk, but I can use a hooded monk.
About the other suggestion, whenever I search Djed, I get Santa lol. Although that makes sense. Unfortunately there's no image of an actual Djed priest.
If you happen to know another non-combat unique unit suggestion, please tell me. If not, that's not a big deal, I can still make a Bogomil icon using the aforementioned "method".

The Djed and Krstjan were part of the hierarchy of the Bosnian Church.

The Djed could be considered the equivalent of a Pope, and in a descending order the other ranks were:
-Strojnik
-Gost and Starac
-Krstjan

The church itself was a product of the Bogomils, hence the members are often called Bogomils/Bogumils.

Other than that not much comes to mind.

please reupload. I can't download from 2share and staemworkshop. i suggest: dropbox or mediafire

please reupload. I can't download from 2share and staemworkshop. i suggest: dropbox or mediafire

Ok, sure. I will replace 2shared with dropbox links. Give me some time.

I chose mediafire. They should be updated now. Have fun. Or don't :)

In Kingdom of Yugoslavia mod, I have one suggestion. King Peter I was king of Serbia, you can change the State or put Peter's son, King Aleksandar I to be leader of Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
Anyway, the mods are awesome!!!

In Kingdom of Yugoslavia mod, I have one suggestion. King Peter I was king of Serbia, you can change the State or put Peter's son, King Aleksandar I to be leader of Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
Anyway, the mods are awesome!!!

Thanks! But Peter I was the first King of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes. If you refer to this name, I found this entry: " the Kingdom was officially called the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, but the term "Yugoslavia" was its colloquial name from its origins."
I don't think it's a big deal. It was my first mod. If you want to play as Yugoslavia, you can choose SFR Yugoslavia instead :) But I won't change the leader. That would be too much work for something I am already content with.

Nice, can't wait!
If you need some help with the art and such just tell me :)

Just uploaded Bosnia. Still needs some testing. You can test it if you want :)

Do you want one more civ suggestion friend? :)

Sure :p Transylvania and Macedonia are next. But first I'll update my existing ones, with Armenia getting the biggest update.

Just uploaded Bosnia. Still needs some testing. You can test it if you want :)

So you choose the Kotromanic Coat of Arms Emblem as the Icon, overall rather fitting even though the leader is Kulin Ban.

Seems really unique, but a little weak, don't know how useful the +50% production bonus will be since I don't think I'll build that many civilian units.
The Stecak comes a bit too late, perhaps? At that point the Stecak will only be useful when there are plenty of them, and in that case growth will suffer under it.

The Bogomil is really good, I can see them being useful combined with the UA, other than that who does it replace?

Great work anyways, gonna give them a go right away.

BTW. when you say Macedonia, do you mean Greek Macedonia or Slavic Macedonia?

EDIT:OK, so I just started and noticed a TXT_KEY error on the Leader select screen at the UA. I've noticed that you use a modern city list, is that only temporary?

So you choose the Kotromanic Coat of Arms Emblem as the Icon, overall rather fitting even though the leader is Kulin Ban.

Seems really unique, but a little weak, don't know how useful the +50% production bonus will be since I don't think I'll build that many civilian units.
The Stecak comes a bit too late, perhaps? At that point the Stecak will only be useful when there are plenty of them, and in that case growth will suffer under it.

The Bogomil is really good, I can see them being useful combined with the UA, other than that who does it replace?

Great work anyways, gonna give them a go right away.

BTW. when you say Macedonia, do you mean Greek Macedonia or Slavic Macedonia?

The strategy was supposed to revolve around the Bogomil. The trait supports the Bogomil, allowing you to quickly build that unit. This unit should be used to gain influence and gold. Because it's rather easy to acquire and your production increases over time, the Bogomil becomes increasingly easier to obtain. This should allow you to gain large amounts of influence and gold. I agree with you that the Production bonus may not be as useful, but it's certainly useful early-mid game. I could try to buff it a bit or reduce the penalty, but first I need to test it as it is now.

I could move to Stecak to an earlier tech, I see no problem with that :p The stecak, combined with a road, should allow you to gain large amounts of faith. The gold yield more or less compensates for the maintenance. The cultural border expansion feature would allow you to 'make the road safer' for Bogomils (since they receive damage outside friendly terrain).

Overall, it's supposed to be a peaceful civ, with diplomacy, trading and religion as its main focuses. Perhaps the trait could change, since I noticed the free caravan so early doesn't help that much. Perhaps a free trade route + free caravansary in cities will do?

And regarding Macedonia, I was asked to make a Slavic Macedonia. The leader choice is what bothers me, but that's something for later ;)

Overall, it's supposed to be a peaceful civ, with diplomacy, trading and religion as its main focuses. Perhaps the trait could change, since I noticed the free caravan so early doesn't help that much. Perhaps a free trade route + free caravansary in cities will do?

And regarding Macedonia, I was asked to make a Slavic Macedonia. The leader choice is what bothers me, but that's something for later ;)

The strategy is interesting, no doubt. I'll play around more and see how well it fares.
But yes, I'll agree with the Caravan being useless early on, so I agree with your proposal.

As far as Macedonia is concerned, these two were important, but they didn't identify as Macedonian nor were they leaders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miladinov_brothers

EDIT:Strange, getting crashes, and when I reload it happens at the same time.

The strategy is interesting, no doubt. I'll play around more and see how well it fares.
But yes, I'll agree with the Caravan being useless early on, so I agree with your proposal.

As far as Macedonia is concerned, these two were important, but they didn't identify as Macedonian nor were they leaders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miladinov_brothers

Yeah, that's the main problem with most leaders. These leaders were proposed:

- Samuel of Bulgaria. Medieval Bulgarian ruler. He did rule from what is now Macedonia, but it was Bulgaria at that time. He was Bulgarian himself. I could also say that the civ actually refers to the region, not the political entity. From Wikipedia: "Bulgarians are considered most closely related to the neighboring Macedonians, indeed it is sometimes said there is no clear ethnic difference between them." You see, there are arguments against and for this leader.
- Prince Marko. Pretty much the same problem with Samuel. He was Serbian.
- Nikola Karev. He's a bit more valid when it comes to ethnicity, but he only ruled for like ten days. And there are no good images availble.
- Lazar Koliševski. I don't really know if this man is held in high regard. But the main problem is that there are no good images available either.. lol.

So, what do you think? xD

Yeah, that's the main problem with most leaders. These leaders were proposed:

- Samuel of Bulgaria. Medieval Bulgarian ruler. He did rule from what is now Macedonia, but it was Bulgaria at that time. He was Bulgarian himself. I could also say that the civ actually refers to the region, not the political entity. From Wikipedia: "Bulgarians are considered most closely related to the neighboring Macedonians, indeed it is sometimes said there is no clear ethnic difference between them." You see, there are arguments against and for this leader.
- Prince Marko. Pretty much the same problem with Samuel. He was Serbian.
- Nikola Karev. He's a bit more valid when it comes to ethnicity, but he only ruled for like ten days. And there are no good images availble.
- Lazar Koliševski. I don't really know if this man is held in high regard. But the main problem is that there are no good images available either.. lol.

So, what do you think? xD
Wow, Macedonian leaders are really scarce.
Samuel is definitely not the best choice but I could see him work.
Same with Marko, although I'd prefer Samuel.
Karev lol 10 days.
And Lazar is maybe a bit too recent.

Sure :p Transylvania and Macedonia are next. But first I'll update my existing ones, with Armenia getting the biggest update.

Cool. I thought, Seljuks would be cool. They were both military and trade civ (famous with their Caravanserai.) So, you can give them some trade bonus and one good cavalry unit.

Btw, I can help you about info and also leader portrait etc.

Cool. I thought, Seljuks would be cool. They were both military and trade civ (famous with their Caravanserai.) So, you can give them some trade bonus and one good cavalry unit.

Btw, I can help you about info and also leader portrait etc.

Ah, interesting! I remember looking into this Empire. Which portrait are you referring to?

Hope, you like one of them.

This one looks really good. Sultan meeting emissaries
Spoiler :

Not sure about this one but with a good background, it would be fine for a leader screen.
Spoiler :

And this one is also good. Sultan on the field.
Spoiler :

Hope, you like one of them.

This one looks really good. Sultan meeting emissaries
Spoiler :

Not sure about this one but with a good background, it would be fine for a leader screen.
Spoiler :

And this one is also good. Sultan on the field.
Spoiler :

Which sultan are they supposed to represent?

Would you like to add Great Seljuk Empire or Sultanate of Rum (aka Seljuks of Rum or Seljuks of Anatolia)

Edit: If you ask me, Rum Seljuks would be better choice.

Would you like to add Great Seljuk Empire or Sultanate of Rum (aka Seljuks of Rum or Seljuks of Anatolia)

Edit: If you ask me, Rum Seljuks would be better choice.

I actually had the Great Seljuk Empire in mind, but if it's the Sultanate of Rum, it's probably Kayqubad I. The others don't really seem to be very significant.

Top Bottom