Peace Music|War Music

Download:
Steam|Direct Download

-0-0-0-0-​

Civs in the Queue:

The Anderfels

Capital: Hossberg
Leader: King Augustin
Trait: +1 Food from Blighted terrain (or possibly just Tundra and/or Desert)
UB: Warden Fortress (Replaces Castle) - provides one free Grey Warden unit upon construction.
UU: Mountain Scout (Replaces Scout) - moves 3 tiles/turn, weaker than normal scout
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

Nevarra

Capital: Nevarra City
Leader: Tylus Van Markham
Trait: Expansionist Marchers: 10% combat bonus in home territory or against city states.
UU: Dragon Hunter (Replaces Swordsman) - 50% combat bonus against wildlife (Vanilla unit will have to have something else)
UU: Mortalitasi (Replaces a mage unit in total conversion, Vanilla TBD) - Has a 50% chance to revive nearby fallen allies at 50% health
UB: Necropolis (Replaces Temple) - Yields culture
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

Starkhaven
Capital: Starkhaven (one-city like Venice)
Leader: Fyruss Vael? (Attempted to unite the Free Marches under on banner until he was betrayed by his Tevinter allies) Sebastien Vael?
Trait: Liberation of the Faithful (50% combat bonus when attacking city of same religion, may "purchase" allied city states with faith - Grey Wardens and Inquisition excluded)
UU: Starkhaven Longbowmen (Replaces the crossbowman) - ?
UB: Noble Estate (replaces temple) - provides normal faith and +2 happiness
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

Rivain

Capital: Dairsmuid
Leader: ?
Trait: The Llomerryn Accords (All cities expirience the benifits of the follower beliefs of the second most followed religion.)
UU: Raiders (Replaces Privateers) - Has increased movement speed. Yields gold when killing an enemy unit.
UB: Raider Harbor (Replaces Harbour) - provides +1 gold from sea tiles.
Peace Music ? |War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

Elvhenan

Capital: Arlathan
Leader: ?
Trait: Uthenera (Cannot build roads, earns 15% more science from buildings)
UU: Arcane Warrior (Replaces Templar unit) - Has equally strong melee attack and ranged attack (range of 1)
UU: Emerald Knight (Replaces Knight) - Does not require horses to build.
UB: Eluvian (Replaces Colosseum) - functions like an airport, but with unlimited range.
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

The Avvar

Capital: Ostagar?
Leader: Maferath
Trait: Fervent Belief (Avvar cities cannot be converted to a foreign religion)
UU: Shaman (Replaces the missionary) - Shamans are combat capable; slightly weaker than the swordsman.
UB: Hold-Beast (replaces library) - provides +5 happiness and +25 HP to city (no science)
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

The Qunari

Capital: Qunandar
Leader: Arishok
Trait: Certainty of the Qun (All units yield faith upon killing an enemy)
UU: Dreadnoughts (Replaces the Galleass) - Slower than the Galleass, costs more, and requires iron, but has a combat strength greater than the Frigate, making it a very powerful early game naval unit.
UU: Sten (Replaces the Great General) - combat capable, equivalent to longswordsman
UB: Learning Camp (Replaces the courthouse) - produces faith.
Peace Music|War Music

-0-0-0-0-​

The Dwarven Kingdoms

Capital: Kal-Sharok (Former capital)? Orzammar (current capital)?
Leader: Bhelen Aeducan? (He's probably the most prolific King since the end of the first blight, assuming he's made king in Origins... but that's assuming he's made king. Since he's not guaranteed to take the throne, I hesitate to pick him. I've already made Hawke the leader of Kirkwall, since they're the only known viscount of any noteworthy accomplishment. I'd hate to contradict possible in-game decisions again) Otherwise, Bloadlikk?
Trait: Children of the Stone (Mines yield +1 production, quarries yield +2 production)
UU: Stone Golem (Replaces the Catapult) - Doesn't cost iron. Much more durable than the Catapult
UU: Iron Golem (Replaces the Trebuchet) - Upgrade of stone golem. Does cost iron.
UB: Shaperate (replaces the Library) - Nearby stone and marble tiles produce culture and faith.
Peace Music|War Music

Religions

A Dragon Age Religions mod has been created! Yay! featured in it are:
-The Chanty
-The Imperial Chantry
-The Elven Gods
-The Qun
-Seercraft
-The Old Gods of Tevinter
-The Avvar Gods
-Paragon Veneration

Download:
Coming Soon

Wonders

As any good total conversion mod (as this one aims to eventually be) would have its own set of wonders, here is a list of possible wonders that will eventually be developed and included.​

-The Grand Cathedral (Spawns a Great Prophet, and provides faith per turn) - (Great Engineer points)
-Hero of Ferelden Statue (All units built in the city it's built in receive a free promotion to increase combat ability against darkspawn) - (Great Merchant points)
-Our Lady of the Anderfels (Nation that build it can add an extra follower belief to their religion. Earns faith per turn) - (Great Engineer points)
-The Winter Palace (Nation that built it receives an extra spy. Earns culture per turn) - (Great Engineer points)
-Temple of Mythal (Archery units earn faith per kill. Provides a free temple) - (Great Engineer points)
-University of Orlais (Spawns a great scientist, provides a free university, Contains Great Work of Art slot.) - (Great Scientist points)
-Imperial Highway (All cities receive a capital city connection. Production yield in all cities with caravan routes) - (Great Merchant points)
-The Juggernauts (Range and Strength of city bombard greatly increased) - (Great Scientist points)
-Hammer of the Void (source of 5 lyrium, and 2 free golems) - (Great Engineer points)
-Grand Tourney (Spawns a Great General. Provides a free Armory) - (Great Merchant points)
-Twins of Kirkwall (+1 production and gold yield for water tiles) - (Great Merchant points)
-Grand Necropolis (Earn culture each time your own units are killed) - (Great Scientist points)
-Redcliffe Castle (15% friendly territory combat bonus to all units. provides a free castle) yes, I realize it's exactly the same as Himeji Castle
-Hall of Heroes (grants a free technology. Has a filled work of Great Writing slot) - (Great Engineer points)
-White Spire (15% production to all mage and templar units. Spawns a a Knight-Commander, a powerful templar unit with a Great General Ability. (Knight-Commander cannot be otherwise built)) - (Great Scientist points)
-The Black Emporium (Provides a free market. Yields 5 each of science, gold, and production, as well as 2 culture) - (Great Merchant points)

Special Thanks:

-CreonMushnik, for coming up with several of the ideas above

-Civitar, for the elven unit models.

(Check out his Warhammer mod WIP, which I'm creating some of the icons for, here)

-David Xanatos (Papyrus), for recording the Dawn of Man Speeches
(Check out his Gravity Falls mod, which he and I worked together on, alongside Gpuzzle, here)

-Nomad or What, for his many unit models that are used in these mods
(Check out his Sorceress model, of which, a reskin is used in the Dalish and Tevinter mods here)

-Lees, for helping with trouble-shooting and creating several of the lines of Lua that appear in these mods
(Check out his Civ-linked Great Generals mod, here)

I know you've just started... But do you plan on adding some support?
(About the civ: it looks nice, though the UAs description is a bit confusing.)

I know you've just started... But do you plan on adding some support?
(About the civ: it looks nice, though the UAs description is a bit confusing.)

Support in what way? and what is confusing about the UA? (so that I can fix it).

Events and decisions, Piety and prestige.
I mean the first part of the UA: "mabari war hounds"?

People might assume 'Local hunting mabari' is some kind of feature in-game you've added, when it's just the 'fact' you've based that part of the trait on. Just make it simple, like +1 Food on Forest Tiles and Melee Units may attack twice.

Orlais appears to be more straightforward, for example.

People might assume 'Local hunting mabari' is some kind of feature in-game you've added, when it's just the 'fact' you've based that part of the trait on. Just make it simple, like +1 Food on Forest Tiles and Melee Units may attack twice.

Orlais appears to be more straightforward, for example.

Yeah, true. I just figured it was necessary to explain why they received that bonus. I'll go ahead and change that up.

Events and decisions, Piety and prestige.
I mean the first part of the UA: "mabari war hounds"?

I do plan, once I have the individual civs complete, to make a combined package that also changes barbarians to darkspawn, adds a complete soundtrack, changes the existing religions to lore-friendly ones, and adds new techs (like, lyrium mining, enchantment, etc.) that allows units like mages and templars to be built.

Ferelden link isn't working? for some reason, it's redirecting me to a home improvement ad off of mediafire?

Ferelden link isn't working? for some reason, it's redirecting me to a home improvement ad off of mediafire?

Link should be working now. Thanks for the heads up on the broken link.

I just wanted to mention the fact that I am looking for one or two co-authors to help with both XML/Lua, and with unit models. If anyone is at all interested, please let me know.

Yay indeed!

How about an inquisition civ, w/ only one city (Skyhold. UA should probably diplomatic or war based, UU would be the inquisitor a great general replacement that can be combat capable(there should be 3 types of inquisitors(mage=siege, rouge=archer, warrior=swordsman, but only one can be active at a time and should not exceed to more than one inquisitor). idk about UB, this is just an idea and i think youre doing a great job w/ the mods love orlais btw

How about an inquisition civ, w/ only one city (Skyhold. UA should probably diplomatic or war based, UU would be the inquisitor a great general replacement that can be combat capable(there should be 3 types of inquisitors(mage=siege, rouge=archer, warrior=swordsman, but only one can be active at a time and should not exceed to more than one inquisitor). idk about UB, this is just an idea and i think youre doing a great job w/ the mods love orlais btw

I'm not planning on making the Inquisition a full civilization, as they are only an organization; not a nation or a cultural group. I am however planning on making the Inquisition and the Grey Wardens into city-states, alongside the rest of the Free March cities.

I'm so excited to see someone finally creating this! I'm a huge Dragon Age fan and I've wanted to put something like this together for a long time, but as a mac user, have not been able to write up mods :(

I'd be happy to help in any way that I can. At the moment, I think all that I could really do is aid with the creation of traits/UU/UB for each civ, but I intend on getting a PC later this summer, so I can then help with more later on?

I think what would really pull the mods together is a simple total conversion scenario with the map of Thedas filled out, and having barbarians replaced by darkspawn, perhaps with even some sort of Archdemon mechanics for a blight.

Let me know.

That's the idea; a total conversion mod, with Barbarians replaced by two factions; darkspawn and wildlife (spiders, wolves, dragons, sylvians, etc.). Also with a new tech tree, lyrium as a strategic resource, mage and templar units, lore-friendly religions and wonders, the Grey Wardens as a militaristic city-state that gifts units with a bonus to fighting darkspawn, the whole shebang.

I might even split up the barbs into three factions; demons being #3, since I also want to have the Inquisition as a city-state, and it would be cool to make them like the Grey Wardens, just their units can fight demons a lot easier.

Maybe a mechanic that lets mage units be very powerful, but the more a civ has, the more likely demon units are to spawn in their territory. As for the blight, I was thinking of a wonder/project along the lines of the Manhattan Project in the vanilla game called the blackening of the Golden City, which gives whoever completes it a big boost to culture, faith, and science, and at the same time spawns a horde of darkspawn and an archdemon somewhere on the map.

The Inquisition could actually be a full civilization that plays like Venice. Though I noticed you already have Kirkwall and Starkhaven like that, you could probably turn Starkhaven into the Free Marches (unless you're counting on them to make up the most of the City-States?).

In any case, it would be great to play as the Inquisition, with the capital being Skyhold and the ability to maybe annex city-states like Austria or "buy" them like Venice. The former is a bit more thematic as the Inquisition basically helps them then "protects" them.

Cultural city-states could be Dalish clans, faith city-states Chantries?

All in all, that's a very exciting prospect!

The Inquisition could actually be a full civilization that plays like Venice. Though I noticed you already have Kirkwall and Starkhaven like that, you could probably turn Starkhaven into the Free Marches (unless you're counting on them to make up the most of the City-States?).

In any case, it would be great to play as the Inquisition, with the capital being Skyhold and the ability to maybe annex city-states like Austria or "buy" them like Venice. The former is a bit more thematic as the Inquisition basically helps them then "protects" them.

Cultural city-states could be Dalish clans, faith city-states Chantries?

All in all, that's a very exciting prospect!

I have gotten a few people say that the Inquisition should be a full civ, And about the same amount of people saying they shouldn't, and there are strong arguments for both sides. My personal opinion is; they're an organization. A powerful one, granted, but I personally feel like making them into a full civilization would be a lot like making the Chantry or the Templars into a civilization. It's not set in stone yet, and my mind could change, but for the time being, I'm leaning towards the idea of making them a special kind of city-state, alongside the Wardens.

I have no intention of making the Free Marches into a combined civ; you hit the nail on the head there guessing that I'm using them to fill out the majority of the city-states.

The Inquisition does not have a culture or history. It should be a city state (and let's be honest, there's no overload of city states around, good to have another)

I think demons, wildlife, and darkspawn would be great. "Assault on the Golden City" might be a cool project, but alternately you could simply have a strategic resource called "Archdemon" around at 7 points on the map, and if touched by a darkspawn, it would create an archdemon. I think that might be the most true to fiction way of doing it.

What other religions are you thinking of adding? Dalish Gods, Tevinter Old Gods, Chantry, but what else? Qun?

Oh, just anecdotally, I have downloaded all three that you've completed, any idea how to fix a bug in which the Orlais leader screen isn't showing during diplomacy?

Top Bottom