PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I was under the impression it was a regular MPP- that would apply to any civ that attacks either of us. Germany was cited as an example, but I thought it applies to everyone from now on(i.e. excluding current war).

EDIT: Do we have to declare war against AI here as well? It looks like Britain invaded Persia based on the Gazette...

Nope, it´s just in case the central powers join in to gang bang France, i don´t mind you beeing at war with England, Italy and Ottomans (that´s bad for you already), what i do mind, is that you become at war with Germany and Austria aswell...

Oh. Then I am sort of a mind with Tomyo. The only way something would happen is if Germany declares war on Portugal. I was open to it originally because it might be useful as a deterrent to other nations in general even a while down the road. Right now it seems as though we're just preventing Germany from invading Portugal. A worthy goal, but not worth it unless there is a more mutual arrangement between our nations. France regrettably can not go through with this deal unless a full MPP(once again, excluding the current war) is in effect. We hope to cement ties with Portugal, but we don't want such a one sided relationship, even with a monetary incentive. In the PM discussion, you said "foreign powers, such as Germany", which I assumed meant anyone, with Germany having the highest probability of attacking you, but would apply to all nations. France deeply regrets the misunderstanding, and completely understands if Portugal does not accept these terms.

To answer Bengals observation, the invasion of Persia was announced on my news archive. I apologize for ambiguity and will disclose the situation. The news article will be expanded to include these details following public recognition by Russia and Britain. I can't add stuff to the news thing if they say it to me in private but then deny it in public. This is to protect the credibility of my archive.

Persia is being partitioned. The partition was agreed upon by 3 empires, of which are doing a 3 way split, each getting 1/3 of the country. The Persian land is going to Ottoman Mesopatamia, Russia on the Caspian sea, and British India.

The London Times reports the latest news from Kabul the headlines read "The Persian Empire gets ROBed"

For several months now tensions have been high between the Persian and British Empire. The East India Trading Company trying to establish trade routes into Afghanistan and Persia have had several skirmishes with local Pashtun Tribes. Lord Elgin Viceroy of India asked the Ottoman Empire to mediate the disputes with the Persian Government. The inclusion of the Ottoman's infuriated Shah Nasser-al-Din and negotiations broke down.

While all this was going on the Russian Empire not wanting to be out done by the British started their own efforts to establish trade routes and bases farther south into Persian held terrritoy with the same results stiff opposition from the local tribes.

That is when the 3 parties involved the Russian Empire, Ottoman Empire and British Empire hammered out a deal to partition the Persian Empire if the Persian's are not willing to allow the three nations to establish trade in the region then a new solution was established, the Russian, Ottoman, British Partition or R.O.B. powers will take possesion of the region and establish order again.

The British Empire strikes the first blow in the "Great Game" as ships from the Royal Navy Red Line defending Infantry in the Persian City of Hormuz and Colonial Infantry and Cavalry finish off the defenders and Hormuz falls to the Empire.

SE of Milan
FI(french infantry) killed by Bersaglieri.
Chasseur infantry kills Bersaglieri
FCI kills home guard and worker

Bologna
After heavy artillery fire, FI kills garrisom.
Bologna falls

Algiers
After naval bombardment, FCI is killed by british infantry

Freetown
Single British colonial infantry is bombarded to 2 hp bit still manages to kill 2 FCI...:(

To Russia.

SE of Milan
FI(french infantry) killed by Bersaglieri.
Chasseur infantry kills Bersaglieri
FCI kills home guard and worker

Bologna
After heavy artillery fire, FI kills garrisom.
Bologna falls

Algiers
After naval bombardment, FCI is killed by british infantry

Freetown
Single British colonial infantry is bombarded to 2 hp bit still manages to kill 2 FCI...:(

To Russia.
The King of the Dutch Speaks. :cowboy:

He who writes this bares my respect! for his details. We are unaware of the situation at hand, but if the opposing faction regards the other in the same fashion, it would be considered a 'Great War' in history to me.

Units are lost fighting, each unit means something, and this game's character is enhanced when battles are described. When the others feel your passion they thrive to continue, they want to exceed you. It is a snowball effect in reverse.

I have not taken my seat yet, but I assure you, this world will be a different place when I do.

Greetings:wavey:
Can someone tell me why there is this war? Were many killed or was this a bad wine :deal:

Eclipse you can go back and read the posts on this thread everything unfolds as to what happened in game it was quite a stirr when the war started.

If you like detail look at my post of the first round of war with France on page 21, I kind of went overboard with the details:crazyeye:

Jureil
PM England
:king:

Greetings, Eclipse of the Lowlands. The German Empire greets you. However, should you step out of line, you will taste the fury of the Kaiserreich.

Also, just checking: I know we can't go in territory without declaring war on land, but we can with a RoP, right?

Greetings, Eclipse of the Lowlands. The German Empire greets you. However, should you step out of line, you will taste the fury of the Kaiserreich.
Hello from USA too, Eclipse. I'm glad we have full house at last. However, it could happen you won't even see how your empire looks like, if Herr Kaiserr captures you in his current turn :D

Also, just checking: I know we can't go in territory without declaring war on land, but we can with a RoP, right?

I think it is the opposite you can't use a RoP to get on someones territory then declare war and attack. I don't think there is a rule about moving on another countries territory that is ok from what I got from the rules. I could be wrong the host can verify of course. It could be you can't move into someones territory with the intent to start a war without declaring first and I think that just applies to human players not AI. I do remember the host saying no RoP exploites meaning using the RoP to position your troops outside another nations cites then declaring war that includes AI as well.

I don't know if this helps but Rick or someone else can clarify.

Using a RoP to travel through friends/allies lands is permited and encouraged, using a RoP to get in range of enemy cities by using its roads/rails and only after already inside, attacking them, is an exploit and banned from PBEM games, so please don´t do it. If you want to conuqer the AI/player please do it without a RoP, ty.

@Eric, when you are playing your turn please run the 31-player script and add a human player to the lowlands, i forgot to add Eclipse to the game during my turn. You can find the tool in the first post of this PBEM thread. Ty, please don´t forget, i will remind you when time comes also.

Top Bottom