PBEM Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

I'm afraid I won't be able to play my turn for the next 2-3 days. Something unexpected has come up in rl, but hopefully it will be sorted out soon. If people don't want to wait, then I suppose my turn could be skipped, but it would be rather harsh in terms of the current war. Anyways, it will hopefully be only a minor delay, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yay hope the 31 players thing works

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TomYo689; 27-01-2012 at 20:50. Reason: said something unnecessary

What was said was necessary. And I apologize for the intrusion but it was necessary to skip through 4 players turns (Brazil, Argentina, Scandinavia, Spain) to find this evidence. I encourage all to view the .sav file attached along with those they may have in their own storage.

The Porto garisson

While cheating was not explicity included into the rules of this pbem game, a number of us would like to see our host replaced by someone of respectable character. It is to my belief any cheats not performed initially with editing of the .biq were done with the mechanism mentioned by Sima Quin (give self gold, rush units). I am unable to site a source but allege Rick announced long ago he is aware of this secret. The advantage Portugal posesses in this situation is far greater than any 300 gold mentioned in the first post of this thread.

BTW, it's possible to edit the amount of gold each civ has while in game. I'm keeping it a secret for now, but if you PM me we can talk about it.

Attachments

• evidence wk33.SAV
    848 KB · Views: 67
I am currently unable to comment on the validity of what has been captured in the screenshot, but I will confirm one thing: nobody has contacted me about using the gold hack. It may be possible to have been discovered independently, but I would not have had any involvement in that.

Sending an email to accuse the host before actually allowing him to defend himself is in poor taste.

And so is skipping through 5 people's turns. Imagine if I was about to attack you?

I don't think I can really play this game after seeing definitive evidence of one cheater and compelling arguments for the host cheating. Count me out.

Was the .biq put in debug mode? A checkbox on the scenario properties/scenario page?

Very well, i explain how i got that stack:

All those Horse Artillery British were produced asweel as the Cruisers in Porto and Lisbon.

The portuguese infantry was short rushed in Madeira and Azores in 5-6t cycles and all the other colonial infantry was short rushed in the colonies/teleported, almost 60% of the stack comes from Gunie Bissau, Macau, Dili, and the colonies, i´m using a ship hoping from Goa to Madagascar, and from Angola to Portugal, i can transport a unit to Lisbon in 0t with that method, i also make about +980gpt per turn, i´m running war time production from turn 0, so we are at turn 8, that´s makes with the pre turn 9 + 1 = 10t of production at war time production.

Transports can be short rushed, then home guard/colonial garrison in the re-same turn for little amount of gold, my stack is exactly what it should be with all the colony trading (instantly transports units to capital), short rushing and ship hoping i´v been making.

I do not know how to edit the save with Sima editor, nor did i asked him to tell me or do it for me.

I transfered almost my entire troops because i was afraid of France/England or Spanish invasion.

I know my way of playing tends to be over productive, as i interfere with the pre turn a lot.

I am currently unable to comment on the validity of what has been captured in the screenshot, but I will confirm one thing: nobody has contacted me about using the gold hack. It may be possible to have been discovered independently, but I would not have had any involvement in that.

Sima
I am sorry that there is any conection to this matter to you I know you had nothing to do with this and I don't think it is the gold adding thing either.

You have done a great service to the Civ Fanatics community and I thank you for making this amazing mod playable for more then 8 players...

Cheers
Jureil

Transports can be short rushed, then home guard/colonial garrison in the re-same turn for little amount of gold,

Can someone explain this to me in plain English? If one is allowed to do it then we should
all be able to do it, otherwise interfering with the pre-turn should be banned completely.

Can someone explain this to me in plain English? If one is allowed to do it then we should
all be able to do it, otherwise interfering with the pre-turn should be banned completely.
It sounds like he's breaking into the pre-turn build sequence. There are numerous ways of changing/rushing units in the pre-turn. What that means is you are doing work with your nation's production, wealth, units, walls, etc... after you've completed your last turn and before you've started your next turn. In other words you're working your turn when it's not your turn.

EDIT: And I agree that breaking into the pre-turn or build sequence should be banned.

Ok, let´s do it this way, i agree my playstyle tends to over produce other players, since i don´t want this game ruined and i don´t consider my playstyle cheating, i´ll change my game status from Portugal to observer.

I´ll continue to supply the Gazzete and any help required, i just need Spain or the last turn player to send me the save so i can perform the statistics as i been doing.

Again, i have no ideia on how to edit the game money or a players gold, so the AI will take over Portugal and keep receiving lots of income if i leave things as they are. Maybe Sima can help with that.

That said i only want the game to continue and see this trough, i have as much fun as lurking and view the game progress as i have playing it. Of course if the AI keeps producing units in a strong flow, you can also blame the AI for cheating, it will be fun to watch it :).

So play on, when Spain sends me the save on the start of turn 9, i´ll just remove myself from the game and sit and watch, it will be fun.

Why don't we do it this way. We you get your save, change to observer (must be an option with the Sima editor) and pass the save on. Then change your Gazzette reporting to mid-turn. Eric_A can send you the turn, you do your report in between Eric_A's turn and Tasonne's, then pass the save onto Tasonne.

I still don't understand how 900 gpt can rush that number of units in 7 turns. Anyways, as long as the Biq file is okay(i.e. portugese infantry wasn't made cheap, etc.) then technically we can continue the game. Of course almost all the units should be destroyed, and if possible conquered cities(such as the Boers) should be returned. I'm all right with the observer status thing, however if possible a master password should be
put on each turn to help prevent the kind of thing that happened with Tomyo. Is it possible to add one mid game? Because I really think that this is a neccessity in a game like this, especially with so many players.

Fine, but i think it´s best to make the statistics at the beginning of turn, it´s more comparable, besides, Spain would still be sending it to me, i´ll delete all units except for 10 infantry, that´s the number the faction start with.

900 gpt it´s some of the gold i make per turn, besides i never rush a unit from 0 to 100%, i play with shields in the box and shields that the city makes to finish it, but whatever...

I´ll dedicate to finish my mod from now on, more free time.

Is there anything wrong with changing production in pregame sequence? Ex. when Italy attacked me I switched production from an improvement to artillery, etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with this, is there?

I can't speak for everyone, but I think Tomyo was caught up in the heat of the moment, and was only trying to do the right thing. Again, everyone should have a password, and the master password should not be blank. I understand the feeling that someone intruded on personal space, but his intent was not malicious, so I'd be willing to give another chance.

If Cyc is still interested, I suppose he could take Portugal.

The production cycle happens in several phases. I can't remember what the exact order is, but the gist of it is:

-At the end of your turn, you maximize gold production.

-After your first build popup, you cycle through all of the cities and maximize shield production.

So if you were working, say, roaded gold on a river then switch it to a railroaded and mined iron mountain, you get the gold and the shields. It's generally looked down upon to do this, and a fair amount of PBEMs explicitly forbid it.

Top Bottom