Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Hype update: (we're not dead. Really.)

Coast Salish and South Africa are coming along nicely! Art to follow 'soon'.

Yeah, maybe we should be posting more stuff - there's a loooooot going on behind the scenes.

Spoiler :

Soon™

Hey I think something is wrong with the Inuit colonialist legacies...

Many things are wrong; the most prominent of which is the fact that TPang's lost the solution...

Malaysia patched! Syntax error with the trigger that apparently doesn't count as a syntax error :/

I just experienced the same issue with missing uniques for a lot of CL civs as discussed some posts back (a.o. for Dene, Zapotec, Murri, Tlingit, Cree), whilst also having Malaysia loaded. Going through this thread I saw the worker fix... is this confirmed to solve that problem? If required I can provide logs or other info that could help. Thanks!

I just experienced the same issue with missing uniques for a lot of CL civs as discussed some posts back (a.o. for Dene, Zapotec, Murri, Tlingit, Cree), whilst also having Malaysia loaded. Going through this thread I saw the worker fix... is this confirmed to solve that problem? If required I can provide logs or other info that could help. Thanks!

Either replace the current file with the file included in the quoted post, or redownload the civ to fix.

I've noticed something strange in Canada's XML. The Great Voyaguer isn't set to override the Great Merchant in ColonialCanada.xml. This causes it not to show up as a unique component (the 'hunting for furs' action shows up instead) and presumably it won't spawn from Great Merchant points :| (probably the case, if people commenting on SW are correct).

I've noticed something strange in Canada's XML. The Great Voyaguer isn't set to override the Great Merchant in ColonialCanada.xml. This causes it not to show up as a unique component (the 'hunting for furs' action shows up instead) and presumably it won't spawn from Great Merchant points :| (probably the case, if people commenting on SW are correct).

I actually fixed this bug in February(!) and sent it to TPangs then, but I guess he never uploaded or updated it :p

Until then, this file should work.

It's been updated. I was under the impression that that had been fixed. My bad!

Thanks for the Canada fix. Any chance of getting those TXT_KEYs and icon fixes cleaned up for Afghanistan while you're at it? You left a comment saying they had been fixed, but I don't think the Steam Workshop version ever got updated.

Really enjoy your civs and try to use as many as possible in my games. Since it seems there are a lot of good things upcoming on new civs and updates, this might be a good time to post some bugs but primarily aestetic incompletions I've experienced. Would be great if these can be looked at too, if not already the case. Quite a list and definitely not all crucial but if updating anyway...:

The Dene:
- In Civilopedia Buildings: double reference for Shrine and Temple. Lots of entries for Dene iron, sacred music & tourism bonusses.
- In Civilopedia Dene: unique buildings mention shrine, temple and yellowknife encampment
The Murri:
- No decisions
The Wabanaki:
- UA: Naval units don't get faith when attacking
- In Civilopedia Improvements: TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_CLWABHUNTING_PEDIA
The Zapotecs:
- In Civilopedia Buildings: TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CLZAPJCIN_DESC & CLZAPJCOUT_DESC
- Battle Priest in list to purchase for all civs (have read not crucial for gameplay since automatically turning into inquisitor but possibly nice to fix)
The Cree:
- When playing with The Huns and The Cree being loaded, when founding Hun capital it is immediately renamed to Sipiwinniwak (see attached logs)
- In Civilopedia Buildings: TXT_KEY_BUILDING_SABTUANWIDGETS_DESC
- Believe it doesn't have JFD CiD/ExCE support - would this create a conflict?
The Boers:
- Not automatically installing mod
- No decisions (generally outdated it feels)
The Inuit:
- Would be great to have JFD CiD/ExCE support: immune to jungle attrition?
The Philippines:
- Civ not selectable as civ to play as
Mexico:
Vietnam:
- Would be great to have JFD CiD/ExCE support: immune to jungle attrition?
Canada:
- In Civilopedia Buildings: Friendship with Canada bonus
Nigeria:
- In Civilopedia Buildings: Has some Nigeria decisions (?) references (Four Imperatives, Film Industry, Fale Tele)
The Chimu:
- In Civilopedia Buildings: 6 entries for Great Kancha and horror vacui
Afghanistan:
- Would be great to have JFD CiD/ExCE support: immune to desert attrition?

Would all civs work with Enlightenment Era and/or Renaissance Era Revised, especially the ones that should get uniques by the impacted techs?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    40.8 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for this. We're currently in the process of legacy updates - so this helps quite a bit.

I've noticed that a database error has cropped up with the Kulin. Their artist guild replacement isn't on the civ selection menu. But I have no idea if this is just because they need an update soon or what.

Edit: Wait, I remember with the Malaysia problem a while back all of my civs worked if they were disabled. And I remember having a problem with them when I only enabled classical-era civs for an Eras gameplay game, which meant no Malaysia enabled. Hmm...

Edit edit: There's another civ with the database problem that cropped up in the classical game and it's Ryanjames' Guanches. Their great general replacement wasn't showing. Maybe things are related?

Last edited:
Top Bottom