GiantGuineaPig's 2nd Pitboss game!

looks like last turn was the first time it ended before 24 hours...so everybody got to play?

Yeah, Moose357 was the last to go that round. But it's only been 3.5 hours since we started this turn, and 10/15 players have already had their go!

GenSeed said:
The best thing to do is get all of your units, and build queues and technology scheduled for a few turns in advance. That way if you can't log in for a few days, it's still doing what you want it to do. :D

This is definately a must do. petty you can not order your new units to explore as soon as they are built. It takes the best part of a week to get out to the city redius as it is, don't need any other delays :crazyeye:

Having fun though, just wish my religion wasn't stolen. I believe I finished it the same turn as someone else, but I didn't get it :sad:

I've already found another civ.. cant remember which one but pink or purple :p Sorry about downtime, PC rebooted because of Windows update. I have loaded the last save, which appears to only be 1/2 an hour old so I'm hoping no turns have gone missing.

I found my first civ in about turn 3. :)

I'll be able to trade with them in about 10 turns. Want clams?

Typical - Looks like my turn was lost when the server was rebooted. That's 2 turns I've missed out on so far - not good considering we've only had about 10 turns in the entire game :(

Sorry guys. I lost access to my PC so i couldn't play for a while. Good thing I queued up :p. Anyways I'm telling you this because of the 5 day rule thing. I'll try to play ASAP.

dribnairb said:
Typical - Looks like my turn was lost when the server was rebooted. That's 2 turns I've missed out on so far - not good considering we've only had about 10 turns in the entire game :(

OK would it be better if there's any downtime more than a few mins, I send out a message to everyone saying a turn is ready? Pitboss is a very basic tool, so it doesn't keep a log or anything like that. If it goes down, I just load the last autosave. If you miss a turn due to downtime, tell me straight away so I can reload that last save again for you to have your turn. Everyone has my email address (reply to the auto msg) so contact me on any issues. And yes queue up the important stuff if you're worried!

I think it would be worth sending an email out if you have to reload a savegame for any reason because that's the time someone who has already played a turn could find that it's been lost.
If the server is just unavailable for a time (but the PitBoss is still actually running) I wouldn't have thought that would be as much of a problem (of course, if you want to send a notification in that case then I certainly wouldn't complain :)

no problem, won't bother anyone if i have to save and reboot the server, because that doesn't lose time as far as i know, but if I have to revert to the last save I can find I'll send a broadcast email :)

In a years time (when we might be in AD) one turn lost here or there won't be a big deal.

GenSeed said:
In a years time (when we might be in AD)

:lol: ROFL :lol:

I wounder if you can convert a game to continue playing with CIV 5 when it comes out.

I wounder if the survivers will play to the death once we run out of turns? (tic)

I can't seem to log into the game, and haven't been able to for the past few hours. Is anyone else having any problems or is the server down?

Edit: I've just connected now - don't know if it was a problem at my end or the server, but it seems ok now anyway

I'm HOPING the dodgy stick of ram was the culprit of the new server's lockups. If it's still running when I get home, I'll be very happy!

Can someone PM me the IP address again? For some reason I lost my Civ4 config files, everything's back at the default.

are there any spots left open? id be interested in playing GGP, PM me if you need my e-mail etc :)

Top Bottom