Guess the UA/UB/UU of the civs

Attila's Court isn't really that bad of a city name. According to this map the only known "city" was simply called Palace of Attila.
Spoiler :

According to every article I've read about the Huns and Hunnic Empire, every other city they controlled was a city they captured. They razed other cities.

So, my guess for the Huns or Hunnic Empire UA is:
Cannot build settlers. All units have a bonus vs cities. Captured cities come out of rebellion or are razed in half the time.

This means they wouldn't need more than 1 city name, because they'd only build a capital and are supposed to capture other cities.

Attila's Court isn't really that bad of a city name. According to this map the only known "city" was simply called Palace of Attila.
Spoiler :

According to every article I've read about the Huns and Hunnic Empire, every other city they controlled was a city they captured. They razed other cities.

Cannot build settlers. All units have a bonus vs cities. Captured cities come out of rebellion or are razed in half the time.

This means they wouldn't need more than 1 city name, because they'd only build a capital and are supposed to capture other cities.

Hahaha, that would be awesome. Though they'd be a total one trick pony. They'd really be the barbarian civ :p

It fits with their historic M.O. and it solves the Hunnic city list problem. I think it makes for a scary/fun/challenging neighbor.

Perhaps one of their UU's is a Seige Tower replacing the Catapult which has a higher strength for defense but a range of 1.

Yep, I also know it this way

Actually this could work
Good thinking! :king:

Of course, if you discover Attilla is your neighbor early in the game, wipe his capital out ASAP, because you're in his sights.

Of course, if you discover Attilla is your neighbor early in the game, wipe his capital out ASAP, because you're in his sights.

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing. Finding Attilla as an AI neighbor would be a huge red flag because there is essentially no chance of peace with him. It still would be fun though and make for an original UA and civilization. I like the idea.

Great idea. Sounds awesome - I hope the devs are reading!

If they haven't thought of it by now, it's not going to get added. While a cool idea, that has setbacks for things like the Liberty tree.

If they haven't thought of it by now, it's not going to get added. While a cool idea, that has setbacks for things like the Liberty tree.

Heck no, the only way for the Huns to get a second settled city!

Or one of their UU's replaces the Settler with something else, so Liberty gives them one of the UU's.

Heck no, the only way for the Huns to get a second settled city!

Probably called "Attila's Other Court" :D

I LOVE the 1 capital city idea and capture the rest. Fun UA fun civ! :D

It would be really hard to balance the Huns if that is their UA, but it would fit their culture well, true.

I was thinking about that too. They'd get pretty screwed if they didn't get some good production and probably horses right off the bat, and being dependent on annexed cities for additional production is hell on your happiness.

I was thinking about that too. They'd get pretty screwed if they didn't get some good production and probably horses right off the bat, and being dependent on annexed cities for additional production is hell on your happiness.

True. For this model to work, I think they'd need to get some sort of happiness bonus - 50% less unhappiness from annexed cities, or something...

That would only be an issue before they can get courthouses in those annexed cities. In fact, annexed cities with a courthouse are better than settled cities.

Being unable to found new cities, they have to make their first war pretty quickly in order to grow as quickly as the other, more normal civs. Well before Courthouses are available.

There's only so much room on a screen. The rest of their empire could've stretched to the northwest. We just don't know.

I file it under "it would be cool and works with the civ's MO"

Top Bottom