Balamb Garden & Shinra Inc. Civilizations

Zerkeras

Chieftain
I've created two new civilizations for Gods and Kings:

Civilization: SeeD (From Final Fantasy VIII)
Leader: Cid Kramer
Unique Trait: Special Forces: All units begin with the Medic Promotion.

Unique Unit: SeeD: -
Replaces Paratrooper. Increased movement and visibility. Comes with the Logistics Promotion. Costs 6 Iron to build, and has increased production time/cost.

Unique Unit: Mobile Garden: -
Replaces Carrier. All-Terrain all-purpose aircraft/missile carrier with 4 slots. High Defensive abilities with a short-ranged attack. Slower than a regular Carrier, but capable of holding more aircraft and of seamlessly traversing land or sea. Greatly increased production cost, and costs 2 Oil and 2 Aluminum to build. Requires Mobile Tactics to build, as opposed to Electronics.

Balamb Garden - Replaces the Palace. Grants +15 exp to all units built in capital city. Mostly a For-Flavor addition.

Civilization: Shinra Power Electric Company (Shinra Inc.) (From Final Fantasy VII)
Leader: Rufus Shinra
Unique Trait: Increased bonuses from the Palace (Shinra HQ)

Unique Unit: SOLDIER: -
Replaces Infantry: Quicker and more powerful than a regular infantry. Comes with Medic, Ignore Terrain Cost and Siege free. More expensive than it's predecessor to build, and costs 6 Iron. Requires Electronics to build, as opposed to Plastics.

Unique Unit: Technician: -
Replaces the Worker: 50% enhanced build rate. Technicians can also construct the Mako Reactor tile improvement. Mako Reactors grant higher production than a mine, and have the added bonus of producing a large amount of science. All food bonus of that tile is removed. Can only be constructed on grasslands (where mako would be abundant). Mako Reactors require Industrialization to build.

Shinra Headquarters: Replaces the Palace. +2 Gold, Science, Production and Culture.

They are both only in Beta, so to speak, but as far as I know everything works as intended. I have not yet implemented custom art for the unit icons or for the units themselves however. Civ icons, colors and leader scenes all are in the mods however.

If you find any bugs or issues, be sure to leave a comment, but I hope that you'll enjoy my mods. Obviously, I get the feeling these civilizations may be overpowered. If you think a tune-down is in order, leave a comment. I've only tested around with them and have not played a full-length game yet.

Shinra Civilization - http://tinyurl.com/qgjjxe6
Balamb Civilization - http://tinyurl.com/pe3u3n2

I am also entertaining the idea of a more complete Final Fantasy mod, that would also include Lindblum, Archades, Spira and the Gestahlian Empire. Mako would be added as a resource, with the Mako Reactor available to all empires, allowing for more unique units for the civilizations (Like the Sister Ray for Shinra). Mako would be used as a resource for most of the FF specific civs, (e.g. Mako for Mobile Gardens and SOLDIERS instead of Iron/Oil/Aluminum). If there's interest, I'll make it.

Top Bottom