Lord of the Rings Civ Pack Part 1: Rohan

I downloaded your mod, and installed it (off the in game browser) but it doesn't appear in my installed mod's list, so I can't actually try it out...

I downloaded your mod, and installed it (off the in game browser) but it doesn't appear in my installed mod's list, so I can't actually try it out...

I noticed that when trying to download it but assumed it was just for me. I'll try and get it fixed as soon as possible, but in the meantime use the download on the first post, it should work

I found a bug...

Since I downloaded the most recent version, it works correctly when I play as Rohan, but when I set Rohan as an AI it crashes when loading. I tried this with and without other mods and I get the same result either way...

This probably shouldn't be to difficult, but could you make Gondor's sumbol The White Tree of Gondor, I'm sure you were already planning this but I'm just making sure.

Hows the next civ coming along?

OK thanks, should have something about by Christmas, almost certainly by the end of the year

This probably shouldn't be to difficult, but could you make Gondor's sumbol The White Tree of Gondor, I'm sure you were already planning this but I'm just making sure.

It already was going to be but thanks for the feedback!

UPDATE: I was wrong, progress is going better than I expected. it's Monday now and I hope to finish the mod by Thursday, maybe Friday. Then I'll have to test it for any huge bugs. Hopefully I'll be able to release it by Christmas Eve or Christmas Day :)

PM me if you want to help me test it and I'll send you a download link when I've finished

This is the first mod that I have been able to get working on my game. Version 2. I checked all of the xml files and my own custom mods are very similar. I have no idea why my custom mods don't work but this one does. I even tried the Queen of the Icendi mod and it didn't work.

What happens is that I can load my custom mod and activate it, but once I pick my custom civilization, it won't proceed to the DOM screen. I noticed that my custom civilization's screen text is a bit funny (the subtitle doesn't show up and the Traits portion only shows "2 Civ Bonuses" instead of the actual title of the Trait).

Since your mod worked, I would appreciate knowing whether you did anything special. I added the art by setting VFS to true and did the same with UnitArtInfos. I just don't know what is wrong.

I appreciate the help.

This is the first mod that I have been able to get working on my game. Version 2. I checked all of the xml files and my own custom mods are very similar. I have no idea why my custom mods don't work but this one does. I even tried the Queen of the Icendi mod and it didn't work.

What happens is that I can load my custom mod and activate it, but once I pick my custom civilization, it won't proceed to the DOM screen. I noticed that my custom civilization's screen text is a bit funny (the subtitle doesn't show up and the Traits portion only shows "2 Civ Bonuses" instead of the actual title of the Trait).

Since your mod worked, I would appreciate knowing whether you did anything special. I added the art by setting VFS to true and did the same with UnitArtInfos. I just don't know what is wrong.

I appreciate the help.

That sounds really weird and I honestly don't know what's wrong... If you sent me the files I might be able to work out what's wrong

Well, I've more or less completed it (Haven't done civilopedia entries yet but they're not exactly vital to gameplay). I'm about to test it for any huge bugs (like destroying the whole game kind of bugs) and I'll PM the people who wanted to test it with the .zip file of the mod. I'll also probably abandon this thread and make a new one which I will use for everything to do with my mod

Are you going to put this mod on the new thread or keep them seperate? Also I've almost finished The Golden Hall and The Pillars of Kings Wonders if you want to include them in your next mod, all I have to do is make an effect (which I might steal from Poukai if he doesn't mind). Any ideas for effects?

Anyways, I'd love to test the next civ if you don't mind...

Are you going to put this mod on the new thread or keep them seperate? Also I've almost finished The Golden Hall and The Pillars of Kings Wonders if you want to include them in your next mod, all I have to do is make an effect (which I might steal from Poukai if he doesn't mind). Any ideas for effects?

Anyways, I'd love to test the next civ if you don't mind...

1. I'll put them both on a new thread, and all future ones (Or I could ask a moderator to change the title of this thread)
2. Not at the moment, I'll try to think of some when I've fixed the huge bugs with Gondor and Isengard

At the moment Gondor and Isengard have several main problems
  • Gondor's ability doesn't show, instead it has 'Civ Specific Bonus 2'
  • Isengard doesn't appear as a playable civ at all (BIG PROBLEM...)
  • Even once you select Gondor, the screen just coes onto the picture of the statue and the globe. It doesn't 'stop responding', it just... stops

Well, Gondor's working fine now. For some reason Isengard still gets the stupid 'Civ Specific Bonus 2' thing but at least it shows up, even if it isn't playable. I was playing a game as Gondor and just thought this was slightly funny...

Spoiler :

Barbarian ships attacking Pelargir... I think they think they're the corsairs of Umbar

And that's a Guard of the Citadel garrisoned in that city there, and a Ranger of Ithilien showing in the top left corner instead of the Crossbowman

Here you go everyone, since it seems you can't send .rar files in private messages (I swear you used to be able to), I may as well just post it here.

Here is the second part of LOTR Civpack, still in it alpha stage. The main problem atm is that Isengard doesn't work. It still has the 'Civ Specific Bonus 2' thing instead of a trait and nothing happens when you try and select it (apart from the game crashing).

I hope to fix that soon, but for now have fun playing as Gondor (or against them for that matter)

Neither of the civs or leaders have pedia entries yet, they'll be added later but they're not exactly vital to gameplay

Attachments

• LOTR Civ Pack Gondor and Isengard.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
Top Bottom