Tomatekh's New Civilizations

IMHO bananas = food, spices = culture/faith/production/health, cocoa = gold (cocoa seeds were used as kind of currency in Maya and Aztec communities)/health/culture.

That'd be incredibly finicky to write, though. I think the +1 Production on each is fair enough.

Yeah - though it's a shame about the situation with bananas, I really don't think it warrants a change. The UA and UB are good enough already that I think it's probably not worth the effort of changing things around - It's also nice to have a civ with such simple components - as with Sumer.

How about crazy idea #3 then - move the production bonus to citrus, which is the other jungle resource that doesn't get a bonus from the buiding right now?

Citrus isn't actually a jungle resource, it's a grassland or plains resource. It shows up in jungle sometimes because jungles are on plains, but it can show up outside of it as well. I think dyes are the other jungle resource, so maybe move the production to that.

I'll think about adjusting the Kuikuro UB (be it changing around the yields or affected resources or what). I'm still not sure, though.

Ignoring the science benefits, even after the loss of production a Kuikuro Banana Plantation still effectively gives one more yield than other civilizations.

A normal civ has the base plains tile (+1 F +1 P), banana (+1 F), plantation (+2-3 F, -1 P) = 4-5 F.

The kuikuro have the base jungle tile (+2 F), banana (+1 F), ub (+1 P), plantation (+2-3 F, -1P) = 5-6 F.

Essentially, because the improvement doesn't take away from the base yield of the tile (like the banana plantation does with the base plains) the net yield is one higher. So while the +1 production of the ub is lost, the UA ensures they end up with +1 food on banana jungle tiles anyway compared to other civilizations.

Okay, in an effort to actually get Poverty Point done before Civ VI (and motivate me to work on it more), does anyone have any peace / war music suggestions? Anything that sounds Native American is fine (not really concerned with it being specific, but avoid vocals so I don't get yelled at in Steam comments).

Why would vocals get you yelled at in Steam? Because it doesn't match the correct language to the correct tribe? Many of the music I would suggest have vocals.

It looks like the Kuikuro use the European music instead of Native American when I play as them. After their peace theme ends, I hear Western music.

Steam Workshop will yell at you for anything and everything no matter how close to perfect a mod is. It's best to put those ingrates out of mind, and just think about the mod itself.

Okay, in an effort to actually get Poverty Point done before Civ VI (and motivate me to work on it more), does anyone have any peace / war music suggestions? Anything that sounds Native American is fine (not really concerned with it being specific, but avoid vocals so I don't get yelled at in Steam comments).

Give 'em https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TviyOtAHtSE to assert your authority

Well having say Lakota chanting in the background for a civ that's not related to the Lakota would be kind of bad :p

Thing is, no one has any clue what language the Poverty Point people spoke...:p

I think maybe a Southeastern Native language would be appropriate for them then, example: Choctaw, Chickasaw, even Muscogee, Natchez (if there are any songs from that language left), Tunica, Chitimacha, Caddo.

Or just Native American sounding instrumental music would work. Shouldn't be hard to find those.

Hello, Tomatekh!
I really like your mods. Please, do another Kievan Rus' civilization with Oleg or Vladimir the Great! It would be awesome! :)

Hello, Tomatekh!
I really like your mods. Please, do another Kievan Rus' civilization with Oleg or Vladimir the Great! It would be awesome! :)

Hi, I'm glad to hear you like my mods!

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to make that many new civs, especially before the release of Civ VI. So, getting around to another Kievan Rus' is unlikely. The Olmec and Poverty Point are likely to be my last releases for Civ V (and even then only because they've been in production for a while and most of the work for them is already finished).

If you haven't already, I suggest you also check out TarcisioCM's Kievan Rus' under Olga:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632574909

Poverty Point now has a fantastic map thanks to the amazing Sukritact!

Progress is steadily being made with the civ :p

Looks great!:D
Who will be the leader for Poverty Point?

There's only 96 days until Civ VI!?!?

I guess, I should try and get back to working on my civs to make sure they're finished before then (hopefully, with enough spare time that people actually have a chance to play them for a bit).

The good news is that there have been some rare Leugi sightings recently, so I'm almost 100% sure that the Olmec will see a release before then :p Poverty Point is coded, more or less. I still have to rearrange some stuff, but I can do that in an afternoon if I was motivated. I need to figure out the models for the uniques, if I can get some stuff converted/edited from Civ IV.

So, that's the Tomatekh progress update.

Thanks for the update - glad to hear about the progress on both the Olmec and Poverty Point. Sukritact's Poverty Point map looks really awesome btw :D.

Top Bottom