The Specialize's Civilizations

I have this for Dahomey:

UA: Bloody Money
Upon :c5occupied: capturing a city, receive a lump sum of :c5culture: culture, :c5faith: faith and :c5production: production for each unit you ever killed or captured, increased by 5% for each :greatwork: great work present in it. :c5gold: gold earned from disbanding civilians and conquering cities contributes towards unit upgrades.

UU: Mino
While costing 33% more than the Musketman they replace, the Mino start with the Morale promotion and have 27 :c5strength: strength. Additionally, when near cities, Minos grant adjacent units +5% :c5strength: strength for each level they posses (max. 20%).

UB: Palace of Abomey
Unlike a regular Palace, a Palace of Abomey may be constructed in your capital for each :c5capital: capital city you own. Each has 2 :greatwork: Great work slots, and starts with 1 slot filled. Additionally, units trained in the city will gain +1 XP for each :c5culture: culture building present in it

I still say you should add some music in the future, for them. So far I got a work around for IGE, for some reason it seemed to start it's conflict with Reform and Rule after I had Downloaded this civ.

Either way I will keep this, as I found out clicking the IGE button several times produces a working (yet wonky) copy.

I look forward to the work you have ahead.

I still say you should add some music in the future, for them. So far I got a work around for IGE, for some reason it seemed to start it's conflict with Reform and Rule after I had Downloaded this civ.

Either way I will keep this, as I found out clicking the IGE button several times produces a working (yet wonky) copy.

I look forward to the work you have ahead.

Music is something I definitely want to add for them and will be done at some point. (I'm open to suggestions)

I don't actually know what "Rule and Reform" is honestly (I don't play the game with many or any game altering mods majority of the time), I'll look into it and see how it's conflicting when I get some free time and feel like doing it.

That looks really good!

Progress on the Serer is going well at the moment, All art is done to a point where I'm satisfied with it (Struggling to get the UU's model to work though). All that remains is Lua for the UA, UB, UU, pedias and a name for the UA. Planeed design at the moment is
Spoiler :

Civ: Serer People
Leader: Ama Joof
Capital: Diakhao (Kahone or Fatick are other options)
UA: Unnamed: Pastures automaticly built upon Sheep, Cattle & Horses. Pastures grant +1 Faith.
UU: Griot (Great Prophet): Provide a 5% Combat Bonus to adjacent units, Faith gained from the deaths of adjacent enemy troops.
UB: Standing Stones (Shrine): No Maintenence Cost, Foreign religion spread is redused in the city which the Standing Stones is built.

Don't you think it would be better to use the version of the icon with the double borders on the star? Would look less similar to Morocco.

While I agree, The one I had before ended up looking really bad on the City Banner no matter what I did with it. This symbol is actually more different than Morocco's then you'd think, Morocco's is thicker and more compact I'll post a comparison in a bit, The difference is more then Leugi's Chili compared to JFD's Lincoln.

Something had been bugging me about the design of the Serer, but it wasn't until now that I figured out what it is. It's the design of the Griot. First off, it shouldn't be a great prophet replacement. The griot served several roles in Serer society historically, but none of them were really religious in nature. The griot is above all a combo storyteller, historian, musician, poet. So it could replace either the great musician or great writer, but it wouldn't be appropriate to have it replace the great prophet. The second is that it's bonuses are related to war. That also doesn't really fit what a griot is. They weren't a large part of battles or military strategy. Happiness and culture-related bonuses would be much more appropriate areas to look to for the unique effects of the Griot.

Something had been bugging me about the design of the Serer, but it wasn't until now that I figured out what it is. It's the design of the Griot. First off, it shouldn't be a great prophet replacement. The griot served several roles in Serer society historically, but none of them were really religious in nature. The griot is above all a combo storyteller, historian, musician, poet. So it could replace either the great musician or great writer, but it wouldn't be appropriate to have it replace the great prophet. The second is that it's bonuses are related to war. That also doesn't really fit what a griot is. They weren't a large part of battles or military strategy. Happiness and culture-related bonuses would be much more appropriate areas to look to for the unique effects of the Griot.

I agree and this is where I always say I'm bad at designing things since I overlook a lot of things when trying to think of something, I knew fully well that Griots were storytellers yet didn't even think of it being a Writer or Musician.

I'll probably make the Griot a Musician however I was already on the fence about their design was content with what I had. The concept was purely around the fact that the Griot's beat the Junjungs of Sine (Wardrums essentailly) for a call to arms during a conflict in the Sine Kingdom. it's where the concept came from initially.

I've been taking a small break from modding to rest to not burn myself out of making stuff (Serer Art and trying to understand Lua has gotten to me slightly). I'll try to come up with something better during this time.

The concept was purely around the fact that the Griot's beat the Junjungs of Sine (Wardrums essentailly) for a call to arms during a conflict in the Sine Kingdom. it's where the concept came from initially.

Perhaps a bonus for each Griot at the outbreak of war (either a boost to culture or, perhaps military production?)

So my newer idea for the Griot is as follows

Griot (Great Musician) - Griots stationed in a city provide a boost to Culture, Upon the outbreak of war military production is increased in cities with Griots stationed within them.

Seems much more fitting than what I had before.

In game editor doesn't open when Goguryeo is in the game :/.

If you keep insisting on it, it eventually opens at the 3rd try or so albeit it gives you a wonky version of IGE, at least that's how it works for me.

In game editor doesn't open when Goguryeo is in the game :/.

This is an issue I've known about for a while, I looked into around the release but couldn't reproduce the error so I couldn't figure out the issue. I have however managed to reproduce it (or so I hope) so I've been trying to figure out what is causing it to happen.

I've noticed that IGE works perfectly fine with Goguryeo only if I'm using EUI. Without EUI I've been getting the errors.

Goguryeo updated.

- Ingame Editor should now work (Thanks to Klisz for saving my time tonight)
- Music has been defined to Korea, I'll get around to the Custom music at some point in the future.

Also an update on Serer. I might be able get the UU Lua done tonight or within the next couple days (Still a noob with Lua but managed to do the UA and have an Idea on how to approach the UU) which will leaves the UB's Lua which I actually have no idea how to approach at the moment. Then the Pedias and DoM are left which aren't really that big of an issue, just need ot find the motivation to do them.

Top Bottom