CIV 5 Spies

No, and thank god...no more Lara Croft's in tight leather jumpsuits running around the map in the modern era.

Personally I think they took out spies only for Vanilla Civ V so they have extra stuff to add in expansion packs. They did it that way with Civ IV and I think Civ III too.

Personally I think they took out spies only for Vanilla Civ V so they have extra stuff to add in expansion packs. They did it that way with Civ IV and I think Civ III too.

I'm sure Civ IV had spies in the Vanilla version. It didn't have espionage.

I'm sure Civ IV had spies in the Vanilla version. It didn't have espionage.

There were not spies in Vanilla Civ IV. They were only added with BTS along with Espionage.

Incorrect. There were spies in Vanilla Civ IV. Here:

That page shows units from all versions of Civ IV, not just vanilla. The airship is also listing on that page, also not in vanilla Civ IV

I prefer this in multiplayer. Now you can actually hide your units more effectively, and scouting your enemy isn't as simple as marching a cheap invisible unit into the enemy's base.

I wish that they would add /or tweak espinage system in the expansion, there is one of my favorite since the BTS.

OK so spies were in very late game vanilla, but all they could do is scout. I almost never built the Scotland Yard so I forgot they were there. That doesn't change the fact that the devs are probably holding them back so they can have more features for the expansions. I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought back some form of religion in one of the expansions.

I personally think spies ruined much of CIV 4. There were just nu way to keep up with the AI in higher difficulties.

Top Bottom