Building Teaser Pics

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
Ploep suggested I create a thread for pics of buildings I've been creating for the WHFB mod. I'll put up in game shots as I finish the buildings/wonders. Please feel free to offer suggestions and also to put up links or pics of your own of buildings you think I should attempt for this mod. Good pics aren't real easy to find except from the WHO site which I frequent a lot. ;)

P_L - feel free to throw in your in game shots of anything you create here as well. I think we'd all like to see them in action.

First up, the Tribunal which is already in the game.

Next, Bugman's Brewery which is also in the latest patch.

And finally, the Bloodbowl stadium which Ploep hasn't added yet.

More to come as I'm currently working on a runesmithy model and have a dwarven temple ready to texture.

Colleges of Magic
Spoiler :

The Celestial College:

Description: Wizards of theCelestial Order study the lore of the Heavens, or Astromancy, that lies under the province of the Wind of Azyr. The Buildings of the Celestial College lie close to the cntre of Altdorf, guarded from curiosity of passers-by by many cunning spells of concealment. It may come as a surprise to many, therefore, to discoverthat the towers of the Celestial COllege are the tallest of all buildings in the city, overlooking the temple of Sigmar and rising far above the Palace of the Princes of Altdorf. there are 16 of these tall, elegant towers, which is 4 times 4. 4 being the number of Azyr.

its about 1300 polygons, but i figured its a big wonder so, what the hey :D (if its a problem i can chop off a couple of towers to cut the count by a couple of hundred.)

Heres the link: CELESTIAL COLLEGE

The Amethyst College:

Description: The wizards of the Amethyst order study the Lore of Death, which some call Necromancy or Spirit Lore, which lies under the province of the Wind of Shyish.The college buildingof the Amethys order is Dark and Sepulchral, Shutteres against the light and dimly illuminated even at the dead of night. its Domed towers are the abode of bats and its cellars crawl with verminouscreatures. the Buildign overlooks the misty Cemetary of Old Altdorf where thousands were hastily interred after the devastation of the Red Plague. Though the citizens of Altdorf are fully aware of where it is, none trouble the Wizards of the Amethyst Order.

this one is also around 1350 pixles.

Here is the link: AMETHYST COLLEGE

The Jade College

Description: Wizards of the jade order study the Lore of Life, the Wind of Ghyran. The Jade college is the centre of the order, but few wizards abide there , and even those who would learn the Lore of Life are likely to do so under the stars. Within the city of Altdorf itself, the college takes the form of a walled enclosure, plain and unimposing to the outside world, yet hidden within is a living College of trees whos boughs form the beams and bridges and pillars of mighty halls. Amongst the glades of this hidden world are numerous pools and streams where running water pours into a wonderous silver lake.

this one is also around 1000 pixles. Im workign on the water, so i might upload another version later :p

Here is the link: JADE COLLEGE

The Amber College

Description: Wizards of the Amber order study the Lore of Beasts that lies under the province of the wind of Ghur. Of all the Orders of wizardry, the Amber college is the only one which has no buildings or representation within Altdorf. Instead the Masters of the Order inhabit a number of caves that lie beyond the city amongst the Amber Hills, which are named after them. these are rocky and wooded, unsuitable for agriculture or other purposes. these refuges are not easily found and visitors are not welcomed.

again this one is around 1000 polys. mainly from the trees.

Here is the Link: AMBER COLLEGE

Resources
Spoiler :

the tall eggy one is the Eerie, The low eggy one is the Breeding Ground, and the one that looks like a bunch of red things is the Mushrooms :D

Mushrooms

Heres the link: MUSHROOMS

Breeding Grounds

Heres the link: BREEDING GROUNDS

Eerie

Heres the link: EERIE

Thanks P_L.

Yeah, the orc cityset was done by myself and winddelay. We're almost done with it finally.

very very nice :)

The orc (Ogre) cityset is done. It looks much better as a large city than this screenie depicts.

Thanks.

Any suggestions for what shadow to put onto this Runesmithy?

Ok. I'll send it when I get home from work unless I feel ambitious and attach something to it prior.

thats my favourite one yet :) just a question, do you know how to put effects onto buildings? like flame effects, or reflective surfaces like on metals?, or just freaky twisty lights? im trying to make a mage guild and want to add some effects :)

thats my favourite one yet :) just a question, do you know how to put effects onto buildings? like flame effects, or reflective surfaces like on metals?, or just freaky twisty lights? im trying to make a mage guild and want to add some effects :)

Thanks. I like how it turned out as well.

I've never done effects myself, but Ploeper was going to try to mess with glowmaps eventually so hopefully that will work. Also, Rabbit might have covered this in his nif tutorials. Maybe.

I'll ask winddelay if he knows how if the other options don't pan out.

I found a pic of a Cold Ones Corral last night and whipped this up.

I've since misplaced the link to the pic. :( Does this need a door or won't it matter once it's in game, if it makes it into the game?

Top Bottom