Never heard that one before....

Yzman

Deity
When I was doing a game a while ago I was next to the French. They were gracious with me. I was at war with a civ on the other side of them but didn't want to sign a ROP. So I sent troops in their territory hoping to get out before they told me to leave. Now sure enough, next turn they tell me they see my troops in their land. Here is the strange part, instead of the usual answers I could give them, I had an option that said "Sorry Joan we're just running our routine military exercises" or something to that effect. Well when I picked it she said ok and I didn't have to leave. Does someone know why this happened? This happened a while ago I can't recall what patch.

If they were gracious that could explain it. If Canada was attacking Mexico by putting their troops through the U.S. a similar thing could be true.

Are you sure it just wasn't the same option as 'We will leave right away', just worded differently? They will ask you to leave, but sometimes give you a few more turns before forcing you to leave.

Depending on attitude towards you, options are worded slightly different to make the statements sound more appropriate to the situation.

Top Bottom