Randomness of Civ

If DG won't give anything after taking his penultimate city, finish him immediately.

I'd bulb something with the GS. If DG is only willing to part with a relatively cheap tech (like lib) maybe you can gamble on part bulbing physics to see if he gives the rest. Complete gamble of course, but might fit in to the variant theme. :mischief:

I'd also consider building the FP in Vienne.

Yeah, but RL keeps interfering. I hope to be able to play tomorrow, but if someone else wants to, just post a got-it message in this thread. I'll do the same before I start playing

I think it's better to skip me as well after all, I won't be able to play until next week I'm afraid.

I think it's better to skip me as well after all, I won't be able to play until next week I'm afraid.
Actually, disregard this. I've got an unexpected night off, so I'm playing this right now, and will see how far I can get.

Nope, the older two were tired and fell asleep at the couch, and the toddler was playing with my shoestrings while I played civ :goodjob:

As for the set, here's some pictures:
Spoiler :

Corrupt image, unfortunately, it was the capture and razing of Vladivostok (near our IW-city)

Some info for the next person:
- There's a Russian ministack near Camul-something, a galley is keeping an eye on it, and I've reinforced the city
- There's a GG in our HE city, which is building a knight to attach him to (will finish next turn)
- The GS is still unused in our capital
- We have 3 SoD's: 1 in the south (advancing on Rostov); 1 in the North (regrouping after taking Circassian, the plan was to take them to Smolensk next); the last is in between those two, just took Yaroslavl' and could march on to either StPete or Moscow.
- Some (not so) recently captured cities are building culture; I forgot to do it right away, so our workers are idling near them for a bit
- I haven't drafted this turn yet (I think)
- There's a lot of units on the way to reinforce the southern stack, with even more units being build.
- We might want to change our tech to Communism, SP is becoming quite appealing.

The save is attached.

Now you may wonder, why did you only play 9 turns, and why on earth did you leave it this messy?

Well:
Spoiler :

I wasn't counting on this so soon.

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1848.CivBeyondSwordSave
    356.4 KB · Views: 36
Upon reviewing my set, I see I made

- Failed to calculate how long it would take to cap Russia/Wash. I should have seen that coming.
- As a result, failed to switch builds to ships instead of cannons in the coastal cities
- Should have set tech to Communism, we'd benefit from it greatly at this point, even more when/if we start taking overseas cities.

Anyway, as a result, we'll lose at least a bit of momentum, if not all of it. The big question is (apart from the timing on capping Wash), is what VC are we going to take? Space is going to take more turns, but it the sets might be played a lot quicker (though the game will be more boring I suppose). Dom/Conquest will finish quicker, though it may take more time in RL.

Looks good!

Indeed we can use a navy to start overseas conquest. Presumably Portugal first and then Spain should go next. I guess next set should be about preparing that navy and getting the army in position to jump aboard. Russia could be a pretty useful vassal if we get him to hand over some techs.

Roster:

cripp - on deck
vranasm - busy with other games (?)
nocho
Sengir - just played
woopdeedo - skipped until the 13th
IdiotsOpposite - up!

@nocho yeah... here is applied the same policy as with Apocalypto ;-)

will lurk around, but not play.
I was already surprised you hadn't signed up for SGOTM, and now this! What a way to celebrate your 10th anniversary on CFC. :p Well, when you're done with those boring games hope to see you back in active duty. :D Meanwhile you're very welcome to lurk ofc.

Looks good!

Indeed we can use a navy to start overseas conquest. Presumably Portugal first and then Spain should go next. I guess next set should be about preparing that navy and getting the army in position to jump aboard. Russia could be a pretty useful vassal if we get him to hand over some techs.

Roster:

cripp - on deck
vranasm - busy with other games (?)
nocho
Sengir - just played
woopdeedo - skipped until the 13th
IdiotsOpposite - up!

Ah jeez... well, I think I'll be able to play Saturday. I've got no work that day. I'm favoring endless war, myself. Would anyone else be willing to do that? And any particular gems of advice to give for this turnset?

EDIT: And if Washington still has Moscow, I'd plan on capping him immediately and turning to someone else. Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhat middling idea?

Wash still has Moscow. I'd cap him asap as well, but turning on someone else directly might prove problematic, as there's no-one left on our landmass and we don't have a navy (yet) to ship troops to Portugal.

So I guess the plan for the next set is: upgrade our 2 galleys to galleons, build more galleons, ship troops to portugal and when you think you've got enough troops to start attacking, do so.

And I'd set tech to Communism, because maintenance is going to be hell the moment Portugese cities come out of revolt.

Another quick question - is there any way to tell your vassal to start preparing for war?

I don't think Corps will be stronger then SP, and they take longer to get them to greatest effect, which would divert atttention from the war effort. I'd rather go with SP and keep warring.

And I don't think you can start warprep for a vassal, you can direct him to a city though once you're at war, but given that we're going to attack another continent, the AI will be next to useless to us, apart from killing the enemy navy.

Top Bottom