Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

Wow, this is one mod I can't wait for. I've always enjoyed and still play Starcraft. If you want my help for anything I'd gladly help. For instance I would love to help make a Starcraft map. What are you doing for the map? I can't imagine you'd do the entire galaxy, I think providing a series of scenarios based of the real game would be good to come with the mod.

Head Serf said:
Wow, this is one mod I can't wait for. I've always enjoyed and still play Starcraft. If you want my help for anything I'd gladly help. For instance I would love to help make a Starcraft map. What are you doing for the map? I can't imagine you'd do the entire galaxy, I think providing a series of scenarios based of the real game would be good to come with the mod.
Yes like Emp0rers "Big game hunters" map. It rocks.:king:

Magma said:
Yes that was also some of the things ive thought about. Yet id more rather see the BL as babarians, since they have no real foothold in Azeroth at present time.

My thoughts for races:

Orcs
Leaders: Thrall, Orgrim Doomhammer, Nerzul, Guldan.
Traits: Aggresive, Spiritual.
UUs: Grunt, Raider, Orc Shaman, Far Seer(Would have a limit cap), Blademaster(Would have a limit cap), Warlock.

Trolls
Leaders: Vol'jin, Sen'jin.
Traits: Expansive, Aggresive.
UUs: Headhunter, Shadowhunter(There may be a more powerfull version of them with alimit on), Bezerker, Witchdocter, Troll Shaman, Hakkar Worshipper(Powerfull, yet causes cities to become unhappy, and unhealthy), Avatar of Hakkar(VERY powerfull unit causes revolts all over your country, exept in the city he is built, can only have one and causes major unhealthyness and unhappiness), Troll Mage.

Taurens:
Leaders: Cairn Bloodhoof, Magatha Grimtotem, Taur Runetotem
Traits: Spiritual, Expansive or Philosophial.
UUs: Tauren Shaman, Tauren brave, Tauren totemist, Tauren druid, Spirit walker, Cheiftain

Forsaken:
Leaders: Sylvanas Windrunner, Varimathras.
Traits: Aggresive, Organised.
UUs: Dark Ranger(Would have a limit), Deathgaurd, Apoticary, Undead warlock, undead mage.

Bloodelf:
Leaders: Prince Kael'thas.
Traits: Organized, Finantial.
UUs: Bloodmage(Limit), BE mage/warlock, Spellbreaker, Ranger.

Humans:
Leaders: King Llane, Sir Lothar, Uther the Lightbringer, Jaina Proudmore.
Traits: Agresive, Instrudios.
UUs: Paladin, Knight, Human Mage, Human warlock, Human Necromancer(Can only have 2 or 3 and will cause unhappyness and health problems.), Human Priest of the light.

Gnomes:
Leaders:
Traits: Philosial, organized.
UUs:

Dwarfs:
Leaders: Muraodin Bronzebeard, Magni Bronzebeard, Khardros Wildhammer.
Traits: Organized, Instrudios.
UUs:

Night Elves:
Leaders: Malfurion Stormrage, Tyrande Whisperwind, Cenarious.
Traits: Spiritual, Organized.
UUs:

Dranei:
Leaders: Akama
Traits: Spiritual, Philosial.
UUs:

Naga:
Leaders: Lady Vash, Queen Azshara.
Traits: Spiritual, Agresive.
UUs:

Scourge:
Leaders: The Lich King Nerzul, Arthas, Kel'thuzad.
Traits: Agresive, expansive.
UUs:

Dark Iron Dwarfs:
Leaders:
Traits: Instrudios, Agresive.
UUs:

Goblins:
Leaders: Gazlowe, Baron Revilgaz.
Traits: Finantial, Expansive.
UUs:

Pandas:
Leaders: Chen Stormstout.
Traits: Spiritual, Expansive
UUs:

Those arent filled out is because im too lazy right now. Its purely my thoughts. The traits ive written is ofc just a overweiv of the whole race as it self, not leaders. Ill do that.. later..

Im lovin it! going right on the update. mind if i add units??

Head Serf said:

I was thinking makeing each type of terrain starcraft had (if you remember the STAREDIT program) like the lava terrain, jungle, grassland and all those stuff. ill put space platforms as aother terrain maybe making land the space platform and space the ocean.

hi. i think i made probes start their improvements and then leave; and drones being consumed after building an improvement. but i need graphics for a warping protoss building and mutating zerg building (are they possible to make - i see improvements are in .nif and .kfm format like units). ill post them when they're refined.

but what the improvements will be? i suppose protoss's will be cannons; zerg's - sunken, spore colony; terran's - turrets, bunkers. maybe mines and rafineries too (the rest of the buildings being built in the city).

im also thinking of starting making the cloaking ablities and maybe giving some range for the siege tank.

what really bothers me is will s.o. be able to make the unit graphics. what i read in the forums is that you can only reskin existing units due to the unknown file formats :confused: . how can we make a probe or drone then (or mutalisk :eek: !?!)

about the buttons, i dont think they'll be a problem with the dds converter: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=137012 but i havent tried it yet.

milan said:
hi. i think i made probes start their improvements and then leave; and drones being consumed after building an improvement. but i need graphics for a warping protoss building and mutating zerg building (are they possible to make - i see improvements are in .nif and .kfm format like units). ill post them when they're refined.

but what the improvements will be? i suppose protoss's will be cannons; zerg's - sunken, spore colony; terran's - turrets, bunkers. maybe mines and rafineries too (the rest of the buildings being built in the city).

im also thinking of starting making the cloaking ablities and maybe giving some range for the siege tank.

what really bothers me is will s.o. be able to make the unit graphics. what i read in the forums is that you can only reskin existing units due to the unknown file formats :confused: . how can we make a probe or drone then (or mutalisk :eek: !?!)

about the buttons, i dont think they'll be a problem with the dds converter: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=137012 but i havent tried it yet.

Wow Milan sounds great, actually we can make all the graphics and can import them into the game, there are a couple of MOD that did this already and we can definately do it, ill actually start making the Models right now and GREAT NEWS we might get a breakthrough and use units from this MOD fro WarCraft. I contacted the creator and will work wih him to further help his MOD while ask for his help with our MOd, heres the link to the wearcraft MODStarcraft-1.5-3D-Conversion-Maps/

In the Meantime I created the Terran Vulture Model but it is not skinned nor animated, here are some Screenies

Edit: THIS WAS MY HUNDREDTH POST! YAY!

Attachments

• Terran_Vulture_Render.jpg
    Terran_Vulture_Render.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Terran_Vulture_Side.jpg
    Terran_Vulture_Side.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Terran_Vulture_Top.jpg
    Terran_Vulture_Top.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Vulture Reference.jpg
    Vulture Reference.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 186
Killamike718 said:
Wow Milan sounds great, actually we can make all the graphics and can import them into the game, there are a couple of MOD that did this already and we can definately do it, ill actually start making the Models right now and GREAT NEWS we might get a breakthrough and use units from this MOD fro WarCraft. I contacted the creator and will work wih him to further help his MOD while ask for his help with our MOd, heres the link to the wearcraft MODStarcraft-1.5-3D-Conversion-Maps/

In the Meantime I created the Terran Vulture Model but it is not skinned nor animated, here are some Screenies

woot, this is awsome! i'll install warcraft just to see this mod in action :goodjob: .

milan said:
woot, this is awsome! i'll install warcraft just to see this mod in action :goodjob: .

:lol: Hahaahahaha, I did the SAME exact thing when i saw this Map!:rotfl:

Edit:Here are some starcraft Models of a Probe and Drone we can ask to use
Probe
Drone

Hey Everyone,
We need to start implamenting the Tech tree, Resources, Civics , Religions if any, and Characteristics if Civs like aggressive or industrious.

We have some of this stuff dopne for warcraft like religion now we gotta do all this. we have Promenthus waiting on us (a great XMLer). soo lets get ideas flowing guys!

Indeed. I myself have no idea to religion in SC.

Mayby tech-tree should be race deffinied? Like Terran had to research Terran techs the first for them should be something like Spacetravel and such.

For Protoss it should be warping.. You name it just a thought.

I wonder if religion could be transformed to be more ideological? It would be like civics that could be spread from city to city, and an empire divided by ideologies (i.e. The U.S. confederacy was formed from differing opinions over states' power and slavery) could split over the differing aspects. For instance, the Confederates (talking Starcraft now) could have their confederacy civics become one religion while the idea of a mind-controlled "swarm" could be for the overmind's zerg civ. Just a thought. :)

Hi there,
While I was looking for some WW2 models I found there's a free Mutalisk and Terran Marine model on this page.
Unfortunatelly I can't help you atm, too busy with the tanks.

sharick said:
Hi there,
While I was looking for some WW2 models I found there's a free Mutalisk and Terran Marine model on this page.
Unfortunatelly I can't help you atm, too busy with the tanks.

OMG THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will really help me! THANKS SOOOOOOO MUC SHARICK!!!!

hey guys i just realized we have the sea in Civ IV and that s BEAUTIFUL for Warcraft 3 because they have sea units which we can Add but starcraft has none, soo should we create new sea units for starcraft or shoudl we leave it alone?

Top Bottom