CIV Gold!

Shqype said:
This is a problem with the v1.61 patch. Try this:

Do a clean install (re-install CIV4 and then re-install the v1.61 patch). After that, install CIV Gold 1.1 and give it a run. It should work.

PS - try the English version and tell us what happens...

A late reply, I know, but there is actually a language selector in the options window - no need to reinstall the game, just change the language (preferrably before you select the mod)...

You know, I was just thinking looking at some of these would make amazing second leaders for existing civs. I know you're going for adding a bunch of additional civs with civgold, but ever think of doing a pack of heads for existing civs? I'd actually love to see a pack with say one extra leader for the civs that only have one so far using these and amra's heads, just for those of us that are fairly happy with the current civ balance but want more variety in the leaders available.

Dracleath said:
You know, I was just thinking looking at some of these would make amazing second leaders for existing civs. I know you're going for adding a bunch of additional civs with civgold, but ever think of doing a pack of heads for existing civs? I'd actually love to see a pack with say one extra leader for the civs that only have one so far using these and amra's heads, just for those of us that are fairly happy with the current civ balance but want more variety in the leaders available.

We talked about 2nd leaders with existing civs, but wanted to focus the work on new civs. We may still do that, though. Personally I'd like to see 2nd leaders for Egypt (I'm shocked that they would only include one) and Rome, although both will be addressed by the expansion pack.

This is sweet mod. I love what you did witht the leaderheads.

Something to keep in mind if you do anything more: Hannibal was black, not white;)

paratroopa said:
This is sweet mod. I love what you did witht the leaderheads.

Thanks! Sevo gets the credit for the LHs.

Something to keep in mind if you do anything more: Hannibal was black, not white;)

I've seen some pretty drastically different pics of Hannibal - some depicting him as Romanesque (which I highly doubt) and some depicting him as West African (which I also highly doubt).

Was he from a Phoenician lineage? Lebanese heritage??

He was certain North African, at least by birth. My guess is that he fell somewhere in between - much like Moroccans today.

For anyone interested, this mod is now available as a part of CivMore v. 0.30!

Keep up the great work guys!

I am having a problem with the Gold update. I downloaded it. Replaced the original in the mod file. Then I went in, loaded it and... all I get is Vanilla Civ. It says "Civ Gold Version 1.10" in the corner, but I don't get any of the mods. Help, please.

supersoulty said:
I am having a problem with the Gold update. I downloaded it. Replaced the original in the mod file. Then I went in, loaded it and... all I get is Vanilla Civ. It says "Civ Gold Version 1.10" in the corner, but I don't get any of the mods. Help, please.

Delete the original mod entirely, and replace it with the newer version. Also, trying holding down 'shift' when you start it for the first time after installing.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Delete the original mod entirely, and replace it with the newer version. Also, trying holding down 'shift' when you start it for the first time after installing.

No change

(sorry message was too short if I didn't add this)

How big is the file suppossed to be? I have 96 mb

Everything looks right. The William of Orange leaderhead is the new one, according to the files. The thing just doesn't load the mods. It loads the mod, but not the acctual modifications.

supersoulty said:
All I can see is the "version" in the corner, and it reads as the mod. Other than that, the Civilodedia entries, the acctually civs... not there.

I see the LH's by going into the acctual art files through windows.

Make sure you have the latest version (link in my post above yours).

Go to the main Civ4 directory and find Civ4config.ini

Half way down, find the place where you can secify a default mod when loading and change that to Civ Gold. Restart.

Civ4 has some caching issues.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Make sure you have the latest version (link in my post above yours).

Go to the main Civ4 directory and find Civ4config.ini

Half way down, find the place where you can secify a default mod when loading and change that to Civ Gold. Restart.

Civ4 has some caching issues.

I did all of that. Same story. It loads the mod, but not any of the Civs that go with the mod.

The file is now 252 mb for some odd reason, BTW

I'm thinking that this is a problem that is ridiculously easy to fix... I just don't know how. Let me go through this again

The mod loads fine. When I go through the file, all the stuff that should be there, including the new leaderheads, is there.

However, none of this new stuff loads. The civilodedia doesn't have any new entries. The new civs do not appear in the selection screen.

supersoulty said:
I did all of that. Same story. It loads the mod, but not any of the Civs that go with the mod.

The file is now 252 mb for some odd reason, BTW

I'm thinking that this is a problem that is ridiculously easy to fix... I just don't know how. Let me go through this again

The mod loads fine. When I go through the file, all the stuff that should be there, including the new leaderheads, is there.

However, none of this new stuff loads. The civilodedia doesn't have any new entries. The new civs do not appear in the selection screen.
Are you trying to play a map with this mod? Or are you starting it up fresh with a random map?

Make sure you installed the mod into your MODS folder (in Custom Assets) or into the Mods folder in the default Civ 4 directory. Open up the Civ .ini file and change the default mod to "0" so that it loads up vanilla Civ 4. Start a game of vanilla civ and go to "ADVANCED" then "LOAD A MOD." Select CIV Gold from the menu and click OK to restart the mod. Once you click OK, hold down the left shift key until the Main Menu screen appears. You should have CIV Gold properly loaded.

Shqype said:
Are you trying to play a map with this mod? Or are you starting it up fresh with a random map?

Make sure you installed the mod into your MODS folder (in Custom Assets) or into the Mods folder in the default Civ 4 directory. Open up the Civ .ini file and change the default mod to "0" so that it loads up vanilla Civ 4. Start a game of vanilla civ and go to "ADVANCED" then "LOAD A MOD." Select CIV Gold from the menu and click OK to restart the mod. Once you click OK, hold down the left shift key until the Main Menu screen appears. You should have CIV Gold properly loaded.

Not to sound like an ******* or anything, because I know you are trying to help, but: "Ya think!?"

Trust me, none of that stuff is the problem.

Good luck.

supersoulty said:
Not to sound like an ******* or anything, because I know you are trying to help, but: "Ya think!?"

Trust me, none of that stuff is the problem.

I don't know what to tell you. The mod shouldn't be anywhere near 252 MB.

It sounds to me like you might be a directory off. Did you create a CIV Gold folder then unzip to it? Or did you unzip it straight to mods?

And I know you're frustrated, but Shqype is a CIV Gold team member and he's just trying to make sure all the steps have been followed. It's not at all rare for someone to overlook a step.

If you set the default mod through CIV4Config.ini to something that doesn't exist, it will load the vanilla files in its stead.

Top Bottom