Kasbash and Petra OP?

lol, im doing the exact same in my current game. Not OP, really, just stacking em bonusses

Nah, it's not overpowered. Petra only applies to the city it is built on. If it gave production and food boosts to every desert tile you have...Morocco would be nigh unstoppable! On isn't also guaranteed to build Petra when playing as Morocco, whereas you are guaranteed kasbahs (Assuming you don't loose early on)

Nah, it's not overpowered. Petra only applies to the city it is built on. If it gave production and food boosts to every desert tile you have...Morocco would be nigh unstoppable! On isn't also guaranteed to build Petra when playing as Morocco, whereas you are guaranteed kasbahs (Assuming you don't loose early on)

I started in the game pic I posted in the Grasslands and settled south to the desert, Where El Dorodo and Grand Mesa was lol and I found them both before Spain.

Petra in a Moroccan capital can snow-ball pretty easily. =)

I play at Immortal and rarely, rarely get Petra. Seems like a desert-start civ just always gets to currency way faster than me. In fact, most times it is already built by the time I hit currency. Now, that doesn't stop me from relieving that civ of Petra later but in my experiences it has been very hard to build.

It's not OP since it's so conditional for you to get all those, plus kasbahs come mid-game. Which is good. I think it's fine as is

Kasbah doesn't make it overpowered that much. For desert tiles next to an Oasis for example you get an extra 1:c5production:1:c5gold: instead of the 1:c5food: you would get with a farm. Nice, but not broken.

You speak the truth, Gothic. In my latest game, I founded my capital in a desert with some hills and a nice river creating flood plains. Not only did I get desert folklore an Petra, but almost a quarter of the world's oil around my capital.

Needless to say, I'm kicking the AI's ass right now. :king:

Plain desert tiles is 2 food, 2 production, 1 gold. It turns an awful tile into a rather good one but nothing game breaking.

It's pretty good on bog standard tiles but becomes incredibly strong on desert hills (with iron or sheep). It turned my hard game into an easy one fast. It isn't too hard to get a good petra/kabash setup with liberty (free settle on optimal position and GE too build it) but requires that the AI doesn't have easy access to desert on their capitals.

It's not OP because your talking about a certain civ on certain terrain (you may reroll until your happy) on a certain difficulty level.

Just finished a Morocco game - Petra in my capital, surrounded by 2 gold (well, 1 gold, my cap was on the other), 2 silver, stone and marble... all on a river. It was mighty tasty.

The effect you're seeing is mostly that Petra is really good and doesn't have a whole lot to do with Kashbahs. Not long after you get Chivalry you can get the techs that upgrade your mines or farms to +2, so all you're really getting from the Morocco UI is the extra gold.

IIRC the Kashbahs build super slow too, so it's not even that helpful that they come a little sooner than fertilizer and chemistry.

It's not the plain desert tile that make it awesome. It is the desert hill tiles and the floodplains. While Petra doesn't affect Floodplains, the Kasbash can be built on Floodplains. On desert hill tiles, you get 2 :c5food:, 4 :c5production:, 1 :c5gold:, and 1 :c5faith: (with Desert Folklore). That is an awesome tile! Merge that with the floodplains which will provide 3 :c5food:, 1 :c5production:, 1 :c5gold:, and 1 :c5faith:.

Here's a link to a pic: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069341615/screenshot/1119428260845895161

i get 2 food, 2 production, 1 gold, 1 faith(from pantheon) from desert tiles. I think its easy to get Petra at lower levels, but emperor in above is it hard to get?

What do you guys think?

You can still get it on Immortal and Deity, but it's a gamble. If any of the AI have a desert city and goes for the tech (doesn't go Philo/Sailing line first) you'll get to the tech and get a notice it's been built.

It's nice. OP is a bit of a stretch.

petra with civil service on irrigated hills with a river is 3 food 3 hammers.

How's that not OP :)

playing on immortal one cant avoid to think that Petra is a very popular wonder for the AI super cheat build incredibly fast. so that super bonus with marocco is hard to get imo.

Top Bottom