AI AutoPlay 5 - Deity - Pick the Winning Leader!

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
AI AutoPlay 5 - Deity - Pick the Winning Leader!

Welcome back to the fifth game of the AI AutoPlay Deity - Pick the Winning Leader! competition.​

This time the leaders will begin their second attempt at gaining the glory they all crave!

Will the winners of the first round still be winners?
Will the eliminated ones make a surprise comback to climb to the throne?

This time the Fractal mapscript gave us two equally huge continents, and one small to the east (where Sitting Bull was placed). A 6-6-1 spread makes sure both continents are equally competitive when it comes down to size. Now, who will take charge and grow big on their own continent? Who will bite the bullet? Who will rise from the chaos to reign the world?

Make your suggestions heard, by participating!

No one figured out Peter would win this game! :cry: Seraiel were closest as he named Lincoln (launched 1870) for a Space Colony win. The other three on the list all went for Joao II (he did finish the Apollo Program, but never built a Spaceship Part!) winning a Space Race Victory...

:trophy: WINNER: Seraiel :trophy:

:trophy2nd: 2nd: drewisfat (missed by four (!) years) :trophy2nd:

:trophy3rd: 3rd: lymond (missed by thirty-two years) :trophy3rd:

:trophy2: 4th: jackelgull (missed by forty years) :trophy2:

Spoiler Honourable Mentions :

The best guesses when it comes to eliminated leaders is based on the same rules as for game four. Look at that thread for explanation of calculations.

Spoiler Eliminations :

01 - 58.33 - lymond & enKage
03 - 50.00 - dmd175
04 - 41.67 - jackelgull
05 - 33.33 - dutchfire
06 - 25.00 - Major Tom

C1 - lymond knew Hatshepsut would get a Great Prophet as first GP.
C2 - dmd175 told us Pericles would build Stonehenge!
C3 - Nobody had Alexander as aggressor. dmd175 & jackelgull had Roosevelt as victim.
C4 - dmd175 had all three leaders, but switched Buddhism & Hinduism to the wrong ones. Nevertheless, three out of three leaders is not bad.
C5 - Nobody had Lincoln for circumnavigation.
C6 - Nobody had Ramesses II for Liberalism.
C7 - Nobody had Pericles. enKage had Great Spy.

How did the thirteen participants do in Round One, you ask?
Spoiler Round One Results :

(leader - game# - place)

Pot Aa
Ragnar (1) Eliminated
Lincoln (1) 6th
Zara Yaqob (1) 5th
Joao II (1) Winner
Montezuma (1) 3rd

Pot Bc
Hatshepsut (3) Runner Up
Ramesses II (3) 4th
Alexander (3) Eliminated
Kublai Khan (3) 8th

Pot Cd
Peter (4) 4th
Sitting Bull (4) 6th
Roosevelt (4) Eliminated
Pericles (4) Eliminated

Spoiler THE COMPETITION :

A - Used to determine competition winner(s)!
Name the winning leader! [A1]
(the victory condition [A2] and winning date [A3] optional, but highly recommended!)

Competition winner(s) will be declared after considering A1, A2 and A3, respectively.

# if two participants have the correct leader, but only the second one has chosen condition and/or date, the latter will be declared competition winner (with the former 2nd placed).

*Winning date can be a period. But of course; the narrower the period, the better the reputation of the ones to get it right!

PS!
You are NOT allowed to chose more than ONE leader. But you can of course comment on your own choice by mentioning other possible scenarios and winning leaders, as long as you make it clear whom your final choice IS! Posters choosing more than one leader, will be disqualified!

B - Civ IV Expert credits given here...
Name the useless! [Bn] (date(s) of elimination optional)
(those leaders who get themselves eliminated - if any (I won't tell just yet!))

C - Just for fun (you need luck here...)
Who...
...gets the first Great Person [C1] (date and type optional)
...builds the first World Wonder [C2] (date and wonder optional)
...makes the first Declaration of War [C3] (date and defender optional)
...founds the early religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism) [C4a-c] (dates optional) [Changed from last time]
...proves the world is round [C5] (date optional)
...wins the race towards Liberalism [C6] (date optional)
...enters the first Golden Age [C7] (date and method [Taj or GP] optional)

*of course, if the game ends before some of these things happen, and you say so, you will be credited under "honourable mentions"! But it is more likely that all of these will happen before a Victory Condition is reached.

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND and want to change your choices, you are allowed to do so before the deadline passes. But you MUST edit your first post. After the competition deadline has arrived, the posts will be examined in chronological order. If multiple posts exists, by the same user, only the FIRST post containing A1 (optionally A2 and A3) will be allowed to enter the competition.
Posts NOT containing A1, will be disqualified from the competition.

This post: Saturday, October 25th 2014.
Deadline: Saturday, November 1st 2014, 18:00 (Norwegian Time).
Winners revealed: Saturday/Sunday November 1st/2nd 2014.

Spoiler Settings :

13 AI's (Hatshepsut + 12)
Hatshepsut was given the Deity starting technologies, and the Deity starting units before I turned control over to the AI for the duration of the game...

Mod: Better BUG AI

Difficulty level: DEITY

MAP = Fractal
SIZE = Large
CLIMATE = Temperate
SEALEVEL = Medium
ERA = Ancient
SPEED = Epic
WORLD WRAP = Cylindrical
RESOURCES = Standard

Victory Conditions set = ALL of them!
Options set:
-City Flipping after Conquest
-Require Complete Kills
-No Vassal States
-No Tribal Villages
-No Random Events

Spoiler Starting Positions :

Spoiler Overview :

Spoiler Map with Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Map without Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Details :

Spoiler Alexander :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Hatshepsut :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Joao II :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Kublai Khan :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Lincoln :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Montezuma :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Pericles :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Peter :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Ragnar :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Ramesses II :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Roosevelt :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Sitting Bull :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Zara Yaqob :

[/URL][/IMG]

Competition Ends: November 1st 2014 18:00 (Norwegian Time)!

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

AI AutoPlay League of Leaders 5

A World's History
- the brief version -
(World #5)

Part One - Early Days (4000 BC to 1000 BC)

Spoiler Part One :

Few things happened early on. Here is a short list:

Spoiler A Few Things... :

3475 BC - Buddhism founded in Poverty Point, Sitting Bull
3300 BC - Lincoln is the first to adopt Slavery
3175 BC - Hinduism founded in Heliopolis, Hatshepsut
2925 BC - Pericles completes Stonehenge in Sparta
2650 BC - Judaism founded in Lalibela, Zara Yaqob
2625 BC - Zara Yaqob is the first to adopt Organized Religion
2525 BC - Alexander declares war on Roosevelt
2500 BC - Alexander captures Chicago from Roosevelt
2225 BC - St. John (Great Prophet) born in Thebes, Hatshepsut
2200 BC - St. John completes The Kashi Vishwanath, Heliopolis
2150 BC - Pericles completes The Great Wall in Sparta
1900 BC - Zara Yaqob completes The Temple of Artemis in Gondar
1675 BC - Ragnar declares war on Hatshepsut
1500 BC - Ragnar completes The Oracle in Nidaros
1400 BC - Ramesses II completes The Great Lighthouse in Memphis
1300 BC - Lincoln is the first to adopt Hereditary Rule
1250 BC - Ragnar declares war on Roosevelt
1225 BC - Pericles declares war on Kublai Khan
1200 BC - Pericles captures Old Sarai from Kublai Khan
1150 BC - Pericles completes The Pyramids in Sparta
1100 BC - Mata Hari (Great Spy) has been born in Sparta, Pericles
1075 BC - Pericles is the first to enter a Golden Age (Great Spy)
1025 BC - Ragnar completes The Colossus in Haithabu
1000 BC - Montezuma declares war on Zara Yaqob

Spoiler Maps 1000 BC :

Spoiler Western Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Western Island :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Eastern Continent North :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Eastern Continent South :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Diplomacy 1000 BC :

[/URL][/IMG]

Part Two - Fast Forward (1000 BC to AD 1500)

Spoiler Part Two :

Spoiler Fast Forwarding... :

More Wonders finished, more wars declared, some peace-treaties signed, religions founded, great people born, golden ages begins and ends, etc.

In AD 400 Lincoln proves the world to be round. And in 535 Ramesses II is the first to discover Liberalism.

Kublai Khan enters the Hall of Shame as the first leader eliminated in 960. 1310 sees Alexander becoming the second leader to be eliminated.

Alexandre Gustave Eiffel was born in Memphis (Ramesses II) and founds the world's first corporation, Mining Inc. in Memphis, 1470.

Spoiler Maps AD 1500 :

Spoiler Western Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Western Island :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Eastern Continent North :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Eastern Continent South :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Diplomacy AD 1500 :

[/URL][/IMG]

Part Three - America vs Russia, The Space Race! (AD 1500 - AD 1872):

Spoiler Part Three :

Roosevelt is the third leader to get eliminated in 1530. Isambard Kingdom Brunel (b. 1620) follows in the footsteps of his fellow Memphis-born engineer Eiffel as he founds Creative Constructions in Byblos, 1625.

In 1630 Pericles is the first leader to finish Apollo Program. Montezuma becomes the fourth leader to "gain" elimination in 1650.

In 1685 Pericles builds his first of seven (!) SS Thrusters.

Spoiler The Space Race :
[/URL][/IMG]

After Ramesses II (1706) and Peter (1712) finished their Apollo Programs, Pericles didn't press his advantage. Instead he decided to declare war on Joao II in 1728.

In 1750 Lincoln finished the American Apollo Program. Now it was going to be a race between America and Russia.

Peter wasted a lot of time himself, as he was more into war-declarations than research towards Spaceship-parts. After his Apollo Program at 1712, he didn't build his first part until 1806, 94 years later. But he was so dominant in the west that he had few troubles in his wars.

Ragnar lost Birka to Peter in 1790, and with that was the elimination of the Viking empire done.

In 1800 Peter completed The Internett in Novgorod. That immediately meant he got access to Medicine, Satellites and Superconductors. Two technologies directly towards Spaceships...

Spoiler Peter AD 1800 - Pre-Internett :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Peter AD 1802 - Post-Internett :

[/URL][/IMG]

As Peter captured Adulis, and Lincoln captured Yeha, in 1840, the Ethiopian empire saw their hopes and dreams dwindle into nothingness as Zara Yaqob died.

Peter finished his first SS Engine in 1854, and launched his ship. Lincoln also launched once he got his first engine built (1869), but it was too little too late. Perhaps it would have been another story had not Russia discovered The Internett? So close, but yet so far away for Lincoln!

Spoiler Peter Launches 1855 :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Lincoln Launches 1870 :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Pericles' Status AD 1870 :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Final Map AD 1872 No Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

AD 1872: Peter Wins A Space Race Victory!​

Yours Sincerely

Continents:

North Americrazy
Europacific
Australookatmepoisonyourwater

Winner: Joao wins Space in 1840AD

(The psycho continent could be in turmoil constantly which kinda cancels those guys out. Other continent is kinda a grabbag of choices since it should be rather peaceful. Several could win culture, but I go with Joao since he is the strongest leader by far. Sitting Bull spectates the whole game)

First Eliminated: Roosy (could be Peter though but Roos has one of those starts the AI doesn't handle well)

First GP: Hatty with a Great Prophet

Ram builds Stonehenge first

Joao circums first

Linc wins Lib

North Americrazy
Europacific
Australookatmepoisonyourwater

Great names. I wonder if religion won't split the Europacifists though. Sitting Bull will certainly do just what his name promises.

I can see Joao doing well, but my guess is Ragnar. I think he has enough space and a couple weak neighbors to take advantage of. I see him spreading out on his home continent, dominating the weaklings and then being large enough to handle the rest. He also has a natural bridge to the other side of the world and some more weaklings. Hatty may make the mistake of settling on Viking ground inviting a naval invasion, and once Ragnar gets started on that bunch they are in trouble.

Ragnar, domination in 1890.

Hmm..i will try Ragnar, victory condition is difficult ;)
Domination 1850

Why Rags..he has a good start for AIs (not coastal, no bad early builds on that).
Iron but no copper (it's much better if he focuses on expansion and not starts spamming units with bronze already).
And seems he can get loads of land from that screenie, poor Hatshy has coast between what should be hers.

Oh wow x-post and we almost picked the same Mec :)

Ragnar would be my pick followed by Joao. Zara is a good AI, but he could have a difficult time surviving here. Lincoln has a lot of land too, but he's such a bad AI. There are a lot of soft targets on that continent though so maybe KK will target somebody else and leave Lincoln to expand.

Ragnar, 1800AD domination.

Roosevelt and Lincoln are eliminated.

I predict a piss poor alexander this game. SIP kills his best nearby food resource, the fish.
Kublai khan will kill clams, leaving him with only his cap to have a decent food supply, so he's probably out too. Joao has good cap food, and several good sites nearby.

Hell, almost everyone is relatively food poor. Sitting bull has a plain hill sheep as his cap food source! (and 1 floodplain). Whatever this map script/options you used is, tell me so I can avoid it.

I predict a piss poor alexander this game. SIP kills his best nearby food resource, the fish.
Kublai khan will kill clams, leaving him with only his cap to have a decent food supply, so he's probably out too. Joao has good cap food, and several good sites nearby.

Hell, almost everyone is relatively food poor. Sitting bull has a plain hill sheep as his cap food source! (and 1 floodplain). Whatever this map script/options you used is, tell me so I can avoid it.

Sometimes the map is good, sometimes the map is bad!

Look at the spoiler for Settings in the original post for details!

Yours Sincerely

Before reading anyone's posts I had

A1: Ragnar
A2: Domination
A3: 1710 AD

I want to change Ragnar just to be different than others but I foresee a purple colored western continent, so I am leaving it. Maybe Monty could do some damage, maybe FDR will have a good game with his 3 gold. On the eastern continent I think Joao stomps/vassals about half of his neighbors.

B: Dates of elimination
FDR, 250 BC
Alex, 100 AD
KK, 125 AD
Lincoln, 440 AD
Peter, 720 AD
Lincoln, 740 AD
Hatty, 980 AD

C1: Alexander, GP, 2000 BC
C2: Pericles, Stonehenge, 3160 BC
C3: Rangar, 1800 BC, on FDR
C4: Hatty, 3400 BC
-b: Sitting Bull, 2980 BC
-c: Zara, 1500 BC
C5: Ragnar, 740 AD
C6: Joao, 920 AD
C7: Peter, GP, 300 BC

OMG poor Alex...

A - Used to determine competition winner(s)!
Name the winning leader! [A1]
Pericles !!!!!!!
Culture
1840 +/- 40 years.

( Ragnar domi, Joao domi/space, Egypt culture possible too with dark horses of 2 americans )

I expect western continent stabilized with 3 powers: Ragnar, Zara and Peter, noone can take advantage of it.

B - Civ IV Expert credits given here...
Alex (eliminated by Peter + Monte ?) 1100AD
Khan next?

C - Just for fun (you need luck here...)
Who...
...gets the first Great Person [C1] (date and type optional) Ramessses, GProphet 1000BC
...builds the first World Wonder [C2] (date and wonder optional) STonehenge, Ramessess 1600BC
...makes the first Declaration of War [C3] (date and defender optional) Peter on Alex 300BC
...founds the early religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism) [C4a-c] (dates optional) Monte - Budd - 8th turn, Hindu - Lincoln around 13th turn, Judaism Hatty. Confu - Roosevelt, Tao - SB, Theo - Ramesses, Islam - Pericles
...proves the world is round [C5] Ragnar 900AD
...wins the race towards Liberalism [C6] Lincoln 1000
...enters the first Golden Age [C7] (date and method [Taj or GP] optional) Peter via GSpy

--------

other early wonders
GLH - Joao/Hatty, preferably Joao
GWall - Peter
Mids - Pericles
Oracle - Hatty
ToA - Lincoln

I vote for Lincoln Space Colony 1800 AD :) . Ragnar has decent land to REX and conquer, but he has Peter and Alexander as neighbours and as long as the Better AI Mod doesn't make the AI extremely good at Naval Invasions, Lincoln also got a lot of land but he's PHI and on a faster teching / more tech-trading continent. He also has a very good starting position and several times Aluminium (thx for Worldbuilder knowledge :D ) .

Go Lincoln, go! :D

An outrageous prediction: Sitting Bull wins a culture victory.

The useless: Hatseputh, Roosvelt and Peter.

the three that stand out to me are Joao, Zara, and Ragnar. Of the three I am going to take the safe bet and go with Joao, space race 1832.

the useless- Roosevelt, Alexander, Pericles and Lincoln

First great person- a great scientist by Lincoln
1st world wonder- Roosevelt builds Great wall
1st declaration of war- Zara Yaquob on roosevelt

Hope it is Pericles :]

Top Bottom