In game description texts gone.

Sireaglestrike

Chieftain
A while back some mod was having issues and the author said to delete some option in a file somewhere to turn off descriptions. Now I want them back since it's annoying when I mouseover the top of the menu and get just a blank space instead of the information it usually shows. Anyone know what file I used to turn it off?

To be clear, I get descriptions for units/buildings, it's pretty much specifically the top of the menu, like for example if I mouse over faith I get a blank box, instead of the "Next chance at Great Prophet at 500."

Any fix would be great, thanks!

best bet is to go into steam and use the 'verify integrity of game cache' (right click on the game, Properties->Local Files)

that 'should' (can't fully remember if it does) redownload any file that you modified and put it back to normal.

else, delete your config.ini file before starting a game and it'll repopulate it with default settings.

I tried that, it didn't fix it. Though there are now times where the text appears and then a few turns later it disappears. I assume it must be a file in one of my mods, and I have like 25 mods downloaded, so this doesn't seem to be something you guys can likely help me with, ugh. Thanks for the response, though!

Top Bottom