Bugs'n'Glitches when changing graphics

KaolaUP

Chieftain
Hey

bought the game, intsalled without problems, everything is fine until I try to change my graphic settingsv (standard is 'low'). Resolution change and window mode are working, but as soon as I change anything else (eg leader scene qualitiy) my game is starting to glitch(in-game). Weird black and red lines all over the place, rainbow colored squres over the tiles (not on the fog of war though), black-and-grey-glitched-leaderscene-somethings, and the minimap does display mountains and rivers but nothing else and looks kind of broken altogether. (Also the picture while loading/starting a game looks scaled wrong, though I don't know if that's intended or not)... see for yourselves, have some screenshots....
I never had problems with CivV. Got a NVid GeForce 315 card.
Also sorry if that is a 'minor bug', but the game's no fun to play like this. :( ...and I say it is not playable! :p

Attachments

• Glitch1.jpg
    Glitch1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Glitch2.jpg
    Glitch2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Glitch4.PNG
    Glitch4.PNG
    442.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Glitch3.jpg
    Glitch3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 218
Your card is really, really low end.
Is has less than one third of the processing power of the 8800GT, which is given as official nVidia "minimum requirement".

You shouldn't try anything but low settings.

Do you have an up-to-date driver installed?

I don't know so much about graphic cards (obviously, though I knew mine is bad), (thanks for the short explanation :p) my drivers are uptodate and received an update less than 2 months ago...

Just thought that would be a problem more players than me could encounter, and maybe find a solution.
I also find the loss of the strategic view very tragic :D and that says all about my graphic card ....
I'll maybe post a solution, if I ever find one... or maybe a patch will fix my issue.
Thanks for the quick reply though

KK

I encountered some other intresting glitches, the best result I got is with the option Treaded rendering OFF (and everything else on low). The only problem I still haven't figured out is the minimap...
Maybe there will be a patch helping me until I can afford to upgrade my computer.

ty KK

Top Bottom