Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

I did gamble on settler first. But then more warriors would have just prolonged the inevitable I think.

I'm away for a couple of days - tomorrow & Saturday - but I can go ahead and queue up a couple of turns so don't need a pause.

I accidentally logged into sarge's civ. I normally log in as quickly as possible and his is right below mine on the list so i missed. And I guess he doesn't have it password protected so I logged right in. :(

I accidentally logged into sarge's civ. I normally log in as quickly as possible and his is right below mine on the list so i missed. And I guess he doesn't have it password protected so I logged right in. :(
Presumably, you noticed this BEFORE you moved any units? :mischief: :lol: ;)

dV

Sarge has only logged in once in the last two weeks. Does anyone know what has happened to him? No activity here on CFC either in over a month either.

Looks like he might have had some orders queued up, but his units are now idle. Time to find a replacement? :sad:

Getting so tired of people leaving all of a sudden without any notification. One of many reasons I can't ever take a pitboss game seriously -- it ruins what little balance there is. Feels like over the course of a MP game half of the players disappear.

Still fun to play, but it's not competitive.

Getting so tired of people leaving all of a sudden without any notification. One of many reasons I can't ever take a pitboss game seriously -- it ruins what little balance there is. Feels like over the course of a MP game half of the players disappear.

Still fun to play, but it's not competitive.

Tottaly agree.

I sent a message to Sarge yesterday. No reply til now.
I guess I'll post a "Permanent replacement needed ..." message tonight.

About reliable players, it is very hard to tell for the new players. For experienced players, there can always be a kind of "vote" to admit a player in the game. I think it is done in more "private" forums. But I think it is not the case here, in this forum (I didn't read it at least... or maybe I couldn't read it in fact :lol:).

Give him a day or two maybe? I recall him saying (in-game) that he was going on some trip. Not quite sure when that was though.

Two Questions?
1. Can somebody please PM me the Civstats registration password? :please:
2. Is the No score Mod V.2, being used in this pitboss have a variation from the No score Mod V.2 being used in the Tribal Warfare pitboss?

I am able to log into both games but I only remember installing one of the mods (i dont remember which)... and I did not realize there might be any difference until just this moment as I was reading through the thread of this pitboss. I have only taken 1 or 2 turns so I don't think it makes a huge difference so far, but just want to be sure...

1. Done.
2. It's the same mod, but our gracious host for this game has screwed up his civ installation somehow, and now every time you join, the game complains that your files are different. So far the consensus has been to ignore that.

Game is currently down? Looks like civstats timed out about 7 hours ago and I can't connect to host...

Sorry I was away. Game is back up now! Apparently my computer crashed.

About warnings at log in, if I have time tomorrow, I could re-install all completely (as I should have done long before...) It is an old comp, it will take at least 2h, that refrained me up to now ;). But I should start another pitboss soon, and it may be worth doing that!

The game will be unavailable for about 3 hours. I'll be reinstalling all of civIV files. I hope it will solve the warning message when connecting to the Pitboss...

Game is online again with 19 hours on the clock, and a clean install from scratch. No more message at logging apparently (fortunately!)
Tell me if something is wrong.

@Sommerswerd - sorry, only 8 hours left on the turn timer and the turn will have already ended by the time I get up tomorrow so I had to switch turn orders and play before you. I haven't attacked any of your units or done anything gamey.

Please can we maintain this turn order going forwards with me playing first, so you don't double move me the next time you play? Since you have units in my territory I need to be able to react to your next move before you play again.

Cheers,
Munro

Hey guys, I'm going to be away for the weekend; I'll queue orders up to keep the game running, but please pause it for me if someone happened to declare war on me.

Top Bottom