Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

The mod is very, very close to finish, sans the 3d leaderhead. I've been *trying* to upload it to Steam but have been experiencing the supposedly classic timeout issue.

Any idea how to get past that?

Cheers :)

Upload it somewhere else, please! Steam sucks!

Will do.... as soon as it's out.

One issue I'm currently having and not knowing how to fix is that the custom models show up on my computer, but not on the computers of other players.

All they are getting is the .civmod file.

Merry Christmas from TPangolin and I! It's Christmas in Australia all ready, so I can say that ;)

I uploaded a version of the mod for you all to take a look at. It has a few bugs, probably a few more than I know. :)

Not yet! Wont do any harm if you could make one though.

That would be rather sweet, yeah :)

Have indeed. The current uploaded version is buggy anyway and for some reason we cannot build workers.

Perhaps try extracting the civmod file into it's own file - that should make it appear.

I've made up two maps here- I prefer the first one, but you're welcome to use either. :)

Attachments

• canadared.jpg
    canadared.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 277
  • canadamaple.jpg
    canadamaple.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 255
I love the first one, but I feel the colours and textures may need to be played around with a bit! If you have the PSD, I'ld love to play around with them.

OK, here you go!

I'm still a noob at this, and I missed Vancouver Island by accident- if you can get the colours (Is it "colors" in Canada? I'd assume so) right, I'll get the map fixed. :p

Edit: The upload didn't work. Gimme a minute.

Edit 2: Please say the link works. Viregel's Uber-Awesome Signed Original Canada Map is here!*

*It's not actually awesome, original or signed.

Aaaaaand I've edited it again. TPangolin, I've left it pretty much the same, just reconfigured the shadows, but it didn't really work around the Great Lakes for some reason, so you might want to take a look at that, because I don't have a clue what's going on. I've also put in Vancouver Island for the 759,366-or-so people who were offended. :p

PSD- Now Uber-Awesome.

Attachments

• canadaedit.jpg
    canadaedit.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 249
Have indeed. The current uploaded version is buggy anyway and for some reason we cannot build workers.

Perhaps try extracting the civmod file into it's own file - that should make it appear.

I don't quite understand your instructions, haha.

If you have 7zip, the best course of action is to right-click on the downloaded civmod file and select "Extract to file". That will give you a folder called "Australia ft. Henry Parkes (v2)" that will look like all your other mods.

If you have 7zip, the best course of action is to right-click on the downloaded civmod file and select "Extract to file". That will give you a folder called "Australia ft. Henry Parkes (v2)" that will look like all your other mods.

Heh, I didn't know you could do that! Will give it a try.

Edit: Still doesn't show up in the civ selection screen or in worldbuilder.

Got this in the xml log:
Spoiler :
[710950.688] **** Validating Game Database *****
[710952.404] Performing Localization Checks
[710952.404] Checking Tag Format...
[710952.404] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[710952.420] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[710952.420] Missing Entry for UNIT_AUSSIEPRIMEMINISTER
[710952.420] Missing Entry for UNIT_AUSSIEWIDGETWORKER
[710952.420] Missing Entry for UNIT_AUSTRALIANJAEGER
[710952.420] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[710952.420] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[710952.420] Validation Took 1.731285 seconds
[710952.903] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[710952.903] **** Validation Success *****
[710952.903] SetGlobalActionInfo
[710952.903]

The game did start, however, and the units seem to work okay, except Diggers look like Spearmen. I don't see an art defines file of the Digger, so that's probably the problem. I tried making my own; I can send that over whenever Pangolin's available, so he can see how it works.
I also noticed some missing text keys for the Digger in the Civilopedia, so I corrected that (to an extent). I'll give it to Pangolin when I can.

The PM's flag icon looks a bit too large - it's actually poking out of the borders. It might be good to shrink if a bit.

The game isn't placing the starting settler next to an ocean every time, even though it should be. I don't know what's causing that.

Everything else is working fine. There's just a few problems that need to be fixed.

Top Bottom